Need advice/help

Hey there!
Just updated my machine and running W8.1 now. Only current issue: Race07 and the like are not starting in window mode (I need this because of modding purpose).
Tried the Steam integrity check, deleted the config.ini and started the config tool several times but it seems like during start the game or steam overwrites the configuration - but only the window-mode setting :(

Does anyone have an idea or solution for this? How do I force the game starting in window mode?!

Hey there!
Just updated my machine and running W8.1 now. Only current issue: Race07 and the like are not starting in window mode (I need this because of modding purpose).
Tried the Steam integrity check, deleted the config.ini and started the config tool several times but it seems like during start the game or steam overwrites the configuration - but only the window-mode setting :(

Does anyone have an idea or solution for this? How do I force the game starting in window mode?!
if this is good enough 1. start the game normally 2. press ALT+Enter you should then have the upper and lower toolbar visible on your desktop now you can minimize the window( works in most games ) I use windows 7

Did you try setting the ini files to read-only? May be a bit harsh, but worth a try? Did this once to a game, really worked that way.
Just a try!

Yeah was one of the first things I've tried...and it didn't worked at all. So reading your post I tried again - just to be safe! And if you believe it or not: I changed the ownership of the file to the administrator again and deleted my user from the permissions table. Then Race started the config tool again and again because it simply wasn't allowed to read an write the file. So in the end I delted the file as administrator and started the config tool again, set up my default settings and started the game. Strangely the game started in windowed mode now :confused: So I exited the game, started it again and it still started in window mode :O_o:
Still can't believe it...so I will remain skeptic and keep an eye on this :cautious:

So problem solved - at least for now!:cool:

Well, at least it's working. While I understand the system changes you describe and even would have taken this route myself, I am on Win7 still and have no clue about 8.1 - I take it you had deleted the file before several times?
Btw is online still something going on in Race07?

Well, at least it's working. While I understand the system changes you describe and even would have taken this route myself, I am on Win7 still and have no clue about 8.1 - I take it you had deleted the file before several times?
Btw is online still something going on in Race07?

Yeah I deleted the file before, again and again. The only difference last time was that I had to delete it as administrator. I have no real clue why this worked but it had. Just started Race07 today again and its still in windowed mode.
I have to admit that I made a backup of the Steam folder and my save games from the documents folder and put them back in place after complete resetup of my new PC. Maybe this is one of the causes. Some files were blocked because there was an old user (from the previous pc) still "connected" to the files.

I can't tell if the game is still used online. Haven't looked and tried it for a long time now! Anyhow as far as I remember there are still some events here and there...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%