Need advice attaching seat to P1-X

Hi yall

I am really struggling trying to figure out how to mount my seat (Procar Sportsman Racing Seats 80-1606-65) to the P1-X. I asked Sim-lab what seat slider to use for these seats, and they said to order the Sparco seat slider from them. This seat is bottom mounted.

See the attached Sparco seat slider schematic (note that the schematic shows a side mounted bracket, so wondering if this Sparco seat slider will work at all with a bottom mounted seat).

I am not mechanically inclined, but was able to put together the P1-X with the help of Barry’s (Sim Racing Garage) video, thanks Barry!
But, I am totally stumped at how the seat is supposed to mount to the P1-X

So…

Looking at the Sparco seat slider schematic, I can see how I mount the Sparco seat slider to the P1-X (with a bolt on each Sparco seat slider rail in the front and back that will screw into the P1-X rail, see schematic). However, putting the Sparco seat slider on the floor still unmounted, and putting the seat slider bar attached to each seat rail, it will NOT slide back and forth one iota. Will it not slide back and forth until I mount it securely? How do I get it slide back and forth?

So, assuming I can get it to slide back and forth and am thus able to mount it to the P1-X rails, I still have to figure out how to mount the Sparco seat slider rails to the seat itself.

As far as I can see, you have to put bolts that go thru the bottom of the Sparco seat slider rails into the seat itself. The seat does line up with the holes in the Sparco seat slider rails. However, if I use bolts that go into the Sparco seat slider rail from the bottom of the seat slider rails, then those bolt heads will protrude out past the bottom of the Sparco seat slider rails, and that will prevent me from being able to mount the Sparco seat slider rails to the rails on the P1-X. The bolt heads on the bottom of the Sparco seat slider rails will hit the P1-X seat rails and I will no longer be able to mount the Sparco seat slider rails to the P1-X seat rails.

What the heck, what I am missing?

Thanks
Randy Flowers

Attachments

• seat-slider-1.pdf
    181.4 KB · Views: 255
Put seat brackets upside down.

0ln99x8jqp241.jpg

Not my rig!

Upvote 0
Hi yall

I am really struggling trying to figure out how to mount my seat (Procar Sportsman Racing Seats 80-1606-65) to the P1-X. I asked Sim-lab what seat slider to use for these seats, and they said to order the Sparco seat slider from them. This seat is bottom mounted.

See the attached Sparco seat slider schematic (note that the schematic shows a side mounted bracket, so wondering if this Sparco seat slider will work at all with a bottom mounted seat).

I am not mechanically inclined, but was able to put together the P1-X with the help of Barry’s (Sim Racing Garage) video, thanks Barry!
But, I am totally stumped at how the seat is supposed to mount to the P1-X

So…

Looking at the Sparco seat slider schematic, I can see how I mount the Sparco seat slider to the P1-X (with a bolt on each Sparco seat slider rail in the front and back that will screw into the P1-X rail, see schematic). However, putting the Sparco seat slider on the floor still unmounted, and putting the seat slider bar attached to each seat rail, it will NOT slide back and forth one iota. Will it not slide back and forth until I mount it securely? How do I get it slide back and forth?

So, assuming I can get it to slide back and forth and am thus able to mount it to the P1-X rails, I still have to figure out how to mount the Sparco seat slider rails to the seat itself.

As far as I can see, you have to put bolts that go thru the bottom of the Sparco seat slider rails into the seat itself. The seat does line up with the holes in the Sparco seat slider rails. However, if I use bolts that go into the Sparco seat slider rail from the bottom of the seat slider rails, then those bolt heads will protrude out past the bottom of the Sparco seat slider rails, and that will prevent me from being able to mount the Sparco seat slider rails to the rails on the P1-X. The bolt heads on the bottom of the Sparco seat slider rails will hit the P1-X seat rails and I will no longer be able to mount the Sparco seat slider rails to the P1-X seat rails.

What the heck, what I am missing?

Thanks
Randy Flowers
I am assuming that you just have the seat slides and not the side brackets...correct? If so you will 1) need to get the appropriate size length bolt and bolt the outer slider rail to the bottom of your seat reassemble slider track member into rail 2) mount your seat frame at right angle to bottom frame across base frame 3) then you should be able to center your seat and set major front/back location on base frame. I hope this helps.. occasionally your seat width will line up with main frame rails, but not always as shown in p1-x photos. I know you probably do not have the side (why would you) just bolt to seat bottom, like show in attached photo instead of side brackets.

See attached photo for clarification:
P1020088.png

P1020076.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years