Need a tiny bit of help with custom livery after patch 1.8 (I'm almost there)

I've not done the whole custom livery thing before but I almost have the procedure for ACC. So far I've gotton to the point where I have created the required folders and exported a 'decals.png' which I can edit in Gimp while I have ACC open and view any painting I've done in the ACC showroom everytime I export the decals.png from Gimp and re-select my team in the ACC showroom. Everything looks great quality in the showroom but that's as far as I've gotten, I've not took the car on track.

I read somwehere that due to the way the game now handles custom liveries that it creates some new files (DDS was it?) when you first join a session and that when you make any edits to your custom livery you have to delete those DDS files so the game can create new ones upon joining the first session after making edits. Am I correct here?

If so, is this the correct procedure:

Start new custom livery by creating the required folder structre
Import blank template into Gimp
Edit template
Export to 'decals.png'
Open ACC
Select my new custom livery
Play ACC as normal

Then if i want to edit that same livery, do I just go delete the DDS files, edit my livery in Gimp and then re-export to the 'decals.png' and the game will re-generate the DDS files when I first join a session?

I'm sure I have something wrong so please fill in the blanks for me so I can figure it out. Thanks in advance.

I think what I've written above is actually correct. But in addition to save having to delete DDS files when working on a livery (to stop the game freezing for a second when open Showroom or join a session) you can change texDDS to 0 in Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\menuSettings.json and the game will not create the DDS files but when you've finished working on a livery you can chane texDDS back to 1 and the game will create the required (updated with your livery edits) DDS files next time you open the Showroom or join a session.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back