Need a rim buttom box for Simucube 2

I'm still new to Sim racing, and yet to have ever used a button box. I'm in the dark about the entire subject. I got disgusted by what I perceive as a lack of value compared to almost everything else I have purchased, so I put it off.

Currently using a bare round Sparco rim, and aiolog sequential. I would like to buy a shifter / button box. Given pricing, I would like only one, so it would be for universal use. Initially adding it to the round Sparco, but later getting a u shaped "Turn" rim, and attaching it to that. The sparco would become my Rally only rim. and the Turn would be used dual purpose GT, and formula.

That's my plan, but I need the box!

I just can't see paying $1000 for this, and rather pay much less than $500, but don't want junk. There seems to be few options. Then there is the wireless debate. I hate being locked into a eco system, or obsoleted, But one less USB connection would be nice. And I probably will not be moving on from Simcube2 unless filters development fully stops, or forced always online.

So this brings me to my current choice of the Black friday sale of the SRB BB ultra. Is this my best option for the price? It seems well made, and I'd rather set that price as my current limit Have a missed a better black Friday option?

I just can't see paying $1000 for this, and rather pay much less than $500, but don't want junk.

Since it appears that you also use VR, I'll mention that, before DD, I used a G29 with its many buttons.
* in VR, I found buttons usable only if within immediate reach of thumbs
* thumb wheels seem much more useful than rotary knob encoders.

As a SimuCUBE 2 owner, you may have already watched Chepi's videos, e.g.: Fanatec vs SimuCUBE 2 in 2020,
where he discusses the wheel cost issue...

For DD, I so far also only use bare round rims and have been pondering button boxes.
Except for cost, a converted Fanatec F1 v2 might be an attractive solution,
since (for me) blindly finding buttons from different rims seems too daunting.

Unless all rims have similar diameter, a separate button box would seem to need a lot of adjustability,
as with Fanatec's Clubsport universal hub (not that I have any experience it).

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1234936

Very Happy with my SRB BB ultra, never skipped a beat, plus it's $50 cheaper than what I paid.

Also did you ever pick the wrong hobby if you don't like spending money ;)

I could have got married and had kids and be financially better of.

J

Upvote 0
If DIY is possible for you they might have some oportunities for you:

So you could get a Formula or GT3 wheel and keep your other one for Rally.

Barry from Sim Racing Garage has a review of a Speedmax wheel which build with theyr parts.

Hopefully in week or two I can comment on the quality, I ordered today.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%