Need a lot of help with racing sim rig

Hello everyone!

I'm currently looking into buying a sim racing rig. It seems like there are a LOT of options out there.
Since it is all a little overwhelming for someone who has little clue of what is what, I'm looking into gathering some thoughts from other people that have experience with racing rigs.

Budget is roughly 15k euro. I'm also looking into renting out the sim, the sim is not required to be moved, it'll be based somewhere, if someone wants to rent it. They'll have to come down to me.

I'm very interested in iRacing, also very daunting, but it looks like it is a nice competitive platform!

I was looking at Vesaro I Advanced Stage 3, I made a setup which came down to 15.700 euro.
Doesn't have motion included, as this is something I don't necessarily see as something I would need immediately. Maybe later down the road, who knows..

It included:

3x 40-inch screens, Fanatec Clubsport wheelbase V2.5, clubsport pedals v3, full iRacing content, ...

Is there anyone that has experience with Vesaro, do you think this setup is a good way to start, is the price too high? Are there better options? For me Vesaro looks very appealing because they will install all the software and make sure everything runs perfectly. Just assemble the whole deal, start the PC and start racing!

Thanks in advance for your time!

Attachments

• Racing rig.jpg
    Racing rig.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 177
Hello everyone!

I'm currently looking into buying a sim racing rig. It seems like there are a LOT of options out there.
Since it is all a little overwhelming for someone who has little clue of what is what, I'm looking into gathering some thoughts from other people that have experience with racing rigs.

Budget is roughly 15k euro. I'm also looking into renting out the sim, the sim is not required to be moved, it'll be based somewhere, if someone wants to rent it. They'll have to come down to me.

I'm very interested in iRacing, also very daunting, but it looks like it is a nice competitive platform!

I was looking at Vesaro I Advanced Stage 3, I made a setup which came down to 15.700 euro.
Doesn't have motion included, as this is something I don't necessarily see as something I would need immediately. Maybe later down the road, who knows..

It included:

3x 40-inch screens, Fanatec Clubsport wheelbase V2.5, clubsport pedals v3, full iRacing content, ...

Is there anyone that has experience with Vesaro, do you think this setup is a good way to start, is the price too high? Are there better options? For me Vesaro looks very appealing because they will install all the software and make sure everything runs perfectly. Just assemble the whole deal, start the PC and start racing!

Thanks in advance for your time!

You could save yourself a lot of money if you build something yourself over something off the shelf, doing that would allow you to use better pedals and wheel base.

But understand if you are looking for a quick win, not everyone is comfortable with building their own solution.

Upvote 0
You could save yourself a lot of money if you build something yourself over something off the shelf, doing that would allow you to use better pedals and wheel base.

But understand if you are looking for a quick win, not everyone is comfortable with building their own solution.

The "install and play" solution is very appealing as I stated before. However I am more than willing to go the other route, and build something myself, I'm just afraid of not knowing my stuff and buying the wrong hardware and screwing myself over, it looks to me that Vesaro does all the research into what is a good option to start sim racing, and offers that at a premium.

Of course I would like to add motion into that, and if that is possible with building my own rig, I'd be more than happy to do that. I just don't know where to start.

Upvote 0
The "install and play" solution is very appealing as I stated before. However I am more than willing to go the other route, and build something myself, I'm just afraid of not knowing my stuff and buying the wrong hardware and screwing myself over, it looks to me that Vesaro does all the research into what is a good option to start sim racing, and offers that at a premium.

Of course I would like to add motion into that, and if that is possible with building my own rig, I'd be more than happy to do that. I just don't know where to start.

I've never done it personally, maybe one day I will. There are also motion systems which you can buy and add to a system, so you don't have to build it from scratch. If you search the hardware forums you'll find so much info.

First start with the rig itself, you might find this thread useful: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/8020-custom-simlab-gt1-replica-build.160129/

I was tempted to build something like that myself, but then a Simetik rig became available at a good price on Ebay and I went that route.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've never done it personally, maybe one day I will. There are also motion systems which you can buy and add to a system, so you don't to build it from scratch. If you search the hardware forums you'll find so much info.

First start with the rig itself, you might find this thread useful: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/8020-custom-simlab-gt1-replica-build.160129/

I was tempted to build something like that myself, but then a Simetik rig became available at a good price on Ebay and I went that route.

Very interesting! I'll look into that. Thanks a lot!

Upvote 0
I built my first rig to be set and forget for many years and really glad I went down that route. If you want something plug n play with support behind it and still be very high end, this is the config I'd go for:

Chassis:
- SimLabs P1 and get the monitor (single/tripple). Don't need the stands if you're doing VR but you might want other accessories: https://sim-lab.eu/product/p1-chassis/

Direct Drive wheel:
- Simucube 2 Pro. The successor to the OSW wheels. https://www.simracingbay.com/product-category/simucube-2/

Pedals:
- Heusinkveld Sprints or Ultimates https://heusinkveld.com/products/sim-pedals/?v=79cba1185463

Wheel:
LOTS of choices here but this is a really good back for the buck. I have the non LED model since I only race in VR https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/tienda/

PC main parts:
9700k or 9900k
Asus Z390 Apex or Gigabyte Z390 master mobo
16gb of CL16 3600mhz RAM
1TB SSD
2080ti

You'll be well under budget. Motion is subjective so maybe hold off on that for a bit until you get used to it first. There is no "software to install" the pedals will auto detect in windows along with the wheel(s) that I listed above. The Direct Drive will have one piece of software for tuning.

Upvote 0
I need to be careful here, so what's written below is my personal opinion and nothing official from Heusinkveld.

The 15k budget is big but you went with peripherals that do not match it.
I would recommend an aluminium rig, such as the ones sold on simlab and a direct drive wheel such as the new simucube 2.
I have personally experienced a lot of downtime to due parts failing on Fanatec products, especially my pedals (I've owned CSR elites and V3's). The Heusinkveld Ultimates, as suggested before in this thread are a good option if you're planning to use the rig commercially.

Upvote 0
I built my first rig to be set and forget for many years and really glad I went down that route. If you want something plug n play with support behind it and still be very high end, this is the config I'd go for:

Chassis:
- SimLabs P1 and get the monitor (single/tripple). Don't need the stands if you're doing VR but you might want other accessories: https://sim-lab.eu/product/p1-chassis/

Direct Drive wheel:
- Simucube 2 Pro. The successor to the OSW wheels. https://www.simracingbay.com/product-category/simucube-2/

Pedals:
- Heusinkveld Sprints or Ultimates https://heusinkveld.com/products/sim-pedals/?v=79cba1185463

Wheel:
LOTS of choices here but this is a really good back for the buck. I have the non LED model since I only race in VR https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/tienda/

PC main parts:
9700k or 9900k
Asus Z390 Apex or Gigabyte Z390 master mobo
16gb of CL16 3600mhz RAM
1TB SSD
2080ti

You'll be well under budget. Motion is subjective so maybe hold off on that for a bit until you get used to it first. There is no "software to install" the pedals will auto detect in windows along with the wheel(s) that I listed above. The Direct Drive will have one piece of software for tuning.

Thanks for the input! I am already way more interested in going the DIY route.

Upvote 0
I need to be careful here, so what's written below is my personal opinion and nothing official from Heusinkveld.

The 15k budget is big but you went with peripherals that do not match it.
I would recommend an aluminium rig, such as the ones sold on simlab and a direct drive wheel such as the new simucube 2.
I have personally experienced a lot of downtime to due parts failing on Fanatec products, especially my pedals (I've owned CSR elites and V3's). The Heusinkveld Ultimates, as suggested before in this thread are a good option if you're planning to use the rig commercially.

Yeah, I’ve swapped those around with a Simucube Pro and Sprint pedals, might go with the Ultimate.

Upvote 0
Here's what I'd do with 15k (well what I did), with less actually.

- Sim-Lab P1 chassis (I wouldn't compromise here, if you go another brand, make sure it is 120x40 main beams. Whether you add motion now or late, you want rigidity)
- Sim-Lab Standalone Triple Monitor Stand
- DD Wheel (Nowadays the Simucube 2 Pro, I have OSW Large MiGe)
- HE Ultimates, or HPP PRX-SE pedals
- A good wheel (i.e. Sim Precision Engineering, or Cube Controls etc) to suit your preferred type of car
- D-Box 4250i Motion (no need for 4400 it's way overkill on power)
- GS-5 Seat
- Logitech Z906 5.1 Speakers
- I bought a button-box, then a StreamDeck....much prefer the StreamDeck for button-box use.
- This leaves some budget for PC equipment...or if you have that already, add a sequential or H-shift as you prefer.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 281 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.6%
  • < 5 years