NED4TG PPFilter

Misc NED4TG PPFilter 1.7 (Final Update)

Login or Register an account to download this content
NED4TG updated NED4TG PPFilter with a new update entry:

NED4TG PPF 1.2

I did some little changes, to make it looks more comfortable.
1584681168983-jpeg.356451
View attachment 356452View attachment 356453View attachment 356454View attachment 356455View attachment 356456

Read the rest of this update entry...

Of all filters I tried so far yours I like the most. But here's a suggestion - include in the package a copy of your "..\extension\weather\sol\sol__config.lua" so some of us can get exactly the same result without much guessing. And mention which version of Sol is it for.
Alright, thanks dude;)

Thanks! Just when doing the next update mention from which version of Sol is the sol__config.lua. For the current filter I know for sure it's tested with Sol 1.5 because of the 3d clouds in the new screens...

The way you have the package now is prone to cause disaster for some that will drop the two folders oblivious that it will change a million settings of Sol Config and there is no backup. At least you should give a clear and loud warning or better yet - do a JSGME prepared install so it can be reverted.

And did you know - in game using the keys "Ctrl+Shift" and plus/minus of the numpad can change the saturation to match exactly what the player wants. The changed values stay as if they are edited in the game's settings. You may want to expand the readme with this small advise. Besides that if you want the saturation to be up to 120 then the line 63 in your NED4TG.lua should read "ac.setPpSaturation(1.18)" instead of "ac.setPpSaturation(0.98)" and leave the overall correction as a matter of taste.

Last edited:
Great looking filer. I do like it. However, why is there such a brightness difference between internal (bright )and external views (dark), and is there a fix? Thanks.

Ok. There also seems to be a problem with the transition from afternoon to dusk to night. It actually brightens at dusk. It might have something with the before mentioned issues at night. Keep up the good work, this is a great filter.

Hi, I just wanted to tell you about the packaging of your filter, you must not ship your sol_config file on the extension folder, having it there will also have your alterations apply to other filters. Sol has established a much better method for this. Create a .lua with the same name as your filter on \system\cfg\ppfilters\sol_custom_configs. This way your config will be called when your filter is activated, so other filters are not affected by your settings. You can just copy the contents of your sol config onto this file and it will be fine. If you want, contact me, you can find me on the Sol Discord, I am "maymate" there... I can teach you about .lua functions for Sol and many more things about filters. All the best, cheers.

Hi, I just wanted to tell you about the packaging of your filter, you must not ship your sol_config file on the extension folder, having it there will also have your alterations apply to other filters. Sol has established a much better method for this. Create a .lua with the same name as your filter on \system\cfg\ppfilters\sol_custom_configs. This way your config will be called when your filter is activated, so other filters are not affected by your settings. You can just copy the contents of your sol config onto this file and it will be fine. If you want, contact me, you can find me on the Sol Discord, I am "maymate" there... I can teach you about .lua functions for Sol and many more things about filters. All the best, cheers.
Alright! Thanks dude!

Of all filters I tried so far yours I like the most. But here's a suggestion - include in the package a copy of your "..\extension\weather\sol\sol__config.lua" so some of us can get exactly the same result without much guessing. And mention which version of Sol is it for.
Please don't advise people to do this. This is a very bad idea! All seetings which are important to set for a filter can be made in the custom config.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.4%