Neck Fx Guide

This is what I found after an evening of trying different settings.

The default setting is pretty decent. So drive it a bit get used to it and see how you like it. Seems when I drove smoothly with not so fast steering input, everything felt pretty good. If I jerk the wheel more, like now when I am learning to drift, the movement is more abrupt and king of odd feeling.

The only view that gets adjusted is the cockpit view. It is the one when I can see the dash plus a bit of the side window.

One thing that bothered me is how the car/world tilt. I tried to tune that out and was pretty much able to minimize it by:
Steering split tilt: 0%
Tilt with X G-force: 0%
Tilt with Z G-force: 0%

But now I wonder if I can do that with the horizon lock to 100%

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.PNG
    Skärmklipp.PNG
    560.8 KB · Views: 6,404
  • Deleted member 197115

There seems to be new option "Lock Horizon to track surface" that really helps on steep banks like Daytona and Historic Monza
1631462152476.png

I am happy with those settings. Gives a subbtle but pretty reallistic feeling while driving. For drift i found that it is better Look ahead (following apexes):->effect gain set to 0, you don't need that and you don't need Direction allignment->velocity (set to 0) also. You only need steering. Set by your preference. I thing horizon lock to track surface are better than before.
Untitled.jpg

Forgive me for maybe bringing up an old thread, but is it just me, or does neck FX have nothing for controlling the "camera" pitch? I've been looking high and low for a setting that would lessen the up-and-down-movement, but there's nothing. Or at least nothing I can find. Lock to horizon just keeps the view level, but there's still up and down movement. Anyone?

• Deleted member 197115

Forgive me for maybe bringing up an old thread, but is it just me, or does neck FX have nothing for controlling the "camera" pitch? I've been looking high and low for a setting that would lessen the up-and-down-movement, but there's nothing. Or at least nothing I can find. Lock to horizon just keeps the view level, but there's still up and down movement. Anyone?
Infamous Head Bobbing, I don't think you can control it with NeckFX, shame really as RHM does not work with TrackIR.

Question:
In Direction alignment: regarding Velocity and Steering:
I think Velocity means, more angle at higher vehicle velocity. And Steering means: more angle for greater steering angle. Now are they additive or multiplicative with each other?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back