Natural Mod PP Filter

Misc Natural Mod PP Filter 26.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think i must delete whole game and install again...
show me a screenshot of your assettocorsa folder, reinstall is almost definitely unecessary, instead you can do as i said above deleting all the files in the root (check for hidden too) and do the steam integrity check to restore only the official files.

there must be some other files there from another sweetfx or similar. look for stuff like efx, dxgi etc. check there arent any sweetfx files in the MODS folder too, but pretty sure the game wont detect those, will check back tomorrow morning

image.png

Chris Kennedy updated Natural Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Added tweaked light fog weather set, minor tweak to SweetFX addon including new version of SweetFX

Sorry for updated so soon after releasing, fairly small changes though so don't feel obliged to update

Toned down godrays in Int filter
Minor tweak to the SweetFX addon
Updated to SweetFX 2.0 (Preview 7) - might fix crashes a few users have reported
Added a tweaked version of the light fog weather (better blend, whiter colour)
Added Natural Int warm as requested

To update: deactive the current mods in JSGME, delete them, unzip Natural.zip to the root of your AC folder, apply mods with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I've not been able to play AC since I installed 2.0 on Thursday. At first, with both the Natural Graphics & Natural SweetFX addon enabled, the game just showed a black screen. I tried to disable both, but the game still wouldn't start. D3d11.dll was removed, I upgraded to the 2.0.1 mod, tried again, but still it wouldn't work. I tried verifying the game cache in Steam, but yet when I try to start an event, I now get a black screen for about 30 seconds, then returns me to the launcher, and this is with no options enabled in JSGME. Help! I'm using a GeForce GTX970.

I've not been able to play AC since I installed 2.0 on Thursday. At first, with both the Natural Graphics & Natural SweetFX addon enabled, the game just showed a black screen. I tried to disable both, but the game still wouldn't start. D3d11.dll was removed, I upgraded to the 2.0.1 mod, tried again, but still it wouldn't work. I tried verifying the game cache in Steam, but yet when I try to start an event, I now get a black screen for about 30 seconds, then returns me to the launcher, and this is with no options enabled in JSGME. Help! I'm using a GeForce GTX970.
damn sorry to hear that, might have to just remove the sweetfx in this case. very odd you are getting the issue as i have a gtx970 too, can you send a picture of the root of your ac folder? if thats clean, then perhaps removing the sweetfx addon from the MODS folder may help? i have no idea if acs will look any further than its own folder for this inject

what might help is if you enable the sweetfx addon again, reproduce the issue, and post the contents of the d3d11.log file, maybe it will contain some insightful information

also try running ac as administrator, i read this:

2) Find out if it's a problem with insufficient user permissions in the game folder you installed SweetFX to.
To do that try running the game with administrator rights by right-clicking it's exe and choosing "Run as administrator"
If that worked then you have found the problem.

3) Does it still crash?
Try disabling all game overlays (like Origin), recording software (like Fraps), framerate displaying software (like Fraps),
GPU overclocking and tweaking software software and other d3d9.dll or dxgi.dll proxy dlls (like ENB, Helix or Umod)

Last edited:

Attempt to stop people having issues with the SweetFX addon

No visual changes at all, so no need to install if you have 2.0.1

To try and fix the issues a few users have had with the sweetfx addon:
Renamed d3d11.dll to dxgi.dll (the older verison of the ReShade setup tool created d3d11.dll but the new one creates dxgi.dll instead, maybe this fixes compatibility issues?) also i had included my d3d11.log file in the addon by accident, so removed that

if you were to update, you should disable the old sweetfx addon with jsgme, delete it, confirm...

did you already have another version of sweetfx installed in your ac folder (maybe from another mod e.g. carbon14)? check your folder for dxgi.dll anything with efx, sfx in the name and delete them, restart pc and try again.

either way, whatever log file is in there should be useful (d3d11.log, dxgi.log or similar)

assuming this fixes the game, my sweetfx addon should then work. if it doesnt, i would be grateful if you can test the one i just uploaded, but i understand if you feel youve wasted enough time because of this!

Chris, I took the remainder of your suggestions and had more luck. I wiped out my /assettocorsa root and was able to get the game to play normally, and with your NG mod. However, the SweetFX addon still made it crash - I disabled the RivaTuner statistics overlay/mod that didn't work anyhow and now AC plays with the addon. Thanks for the help - I'd ran other SweetFX plugins before but didn't have the issue, but I suppose yours just handles it differently. It looks fantastic though, thanks!

Chris, I took the remainder of your suggestions and had more luck. I wiped out my /assettocorsa root and was able to get the game to play normally, and with your NG mod. However, the SweetFX addon still made it crash - I disabled the RivaTuner statistics overlay/mod that didn't work anyhow and now AC plays with the addon. Thanks for the help - I'd ran other SweetFX plugins before but didn't have the issue, but I suppose yours just handles it differently. It looks fantastic though, thanks!
Excellent, thanks for letting me know. I'm using rivatuner statistics server and its working so maybe a newer version of it will work OK if you did want to use it. Glad it looks good fit you. Will update the op with some sweetfx troubleshooting. It's a beta version of SFX and the injector so maybe that's why it didn't work and your previous one did. Cheers!

I am at work just now but plan on downloading later when I get home but I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much of an improvement this makes when using the DK2. I tried the latest version of AC last night on the Nordschleife and was very impressed but found that the lighting and screen door effect was an issue. I'm hoping to see an improvement when I run the add-on. Thanks for doing this.

I am at work just now but plan on downloading later when I get home but I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much of an improvement this makes when using the DK2. I tried the latest version of AC last night on the Nordschleife and was very impressed but found that the lighting and screen door effect was an issue. I'm hoping to see an improvement when I run the add-on. Thanks for doing this.
someone tested v1.9 with oculus before AC 1.1 was out and they really liked it, particularly the refined auto exposure, apparently the default one changes so extremely when you are looking around the cockpit for example. this filter also disabled chromatic abberation, which i think should be a nice improvement, on all the rift youtube videos you can see this nasty effect very clearly. i assume you are aware of how to use a custom pp filter in rift? if i recall you have to edit the default pp filter and replace it with the contents of the custom one you want to use.

also ive seen people universally saying sweetfx sharpening is essential for the rift, so you will need to edit my SweetFX_settings.txt and change #define USE_LUMASHARPEN 0 to 1

do let us know how you find it/if anything can be improved for rift, ill probably make a separate filter for rift if there is anything significant to improve the rift experience

Hello Chris,
I downloaded and installed your Mod yesterday. I had a problem finding the filters in-game as the folder in the zip file specifies the path <AC>\system\cfg\ppfilters which I don't have. I put them in <AC>\cfg\filters along with all the others and then they showed up fine.

Generally I like them very much, although when using Natural Ext for replays I notice flashes of overexposure that don't happen with the Default filter. Have I done something wrong during the install or could there be another reason? I never had any previous SweetFX installation btw. I run at 1920x1080 60Hz with a Radeon HD 7700 Black and a Phenom II 555.

Thanks in advance. :)

Hello Chris,
I downloaded and installed your Mod yesterday. I had a problem finding the filters in-game as the folder in the zip file specifies the path <AC>\system\cfg\ppfilters which I don't have. I put them in <AC>\cfg\filters along with all the others and then they showed up fine.

Generally I like them very much, although when using Natural Ext for replays I notice flashes of overexposure that don't happen with the Default filter. Have I done something wrong during the install or could there be another reason? I never had any previous SweetFX installation btw. I run at 1920x1080 60Hz with a Radeon HD 7700 Black and a Phenom II 555.

Thanks in advance. :)
is your game up to date? in v1.1 the files moved to the folder i specified. with the replays, i wouldnt expect any more transitions than the default filters, but because auto exposure changed in v1.1, it would make sense if you are seeing issues with my filter as the values were set up in v1.1

Update SweetFX, Add custom light clouds weather, other minor weather tweaks

Updated to latest version of SweetFX (unfortunately doesnt fix the issues some are experiencing as far as i know)
Minor tweaks to other weather sets taking the changes to the default ones made in AC 1.1.4 into consideration
Updated the Default Weather backup to include the latest files from 1.1.4
Added modified light clouds weather
View attachment 86377 View attachment 86378 View attachment 86379

Update instructions:
Disable the Natural Weather and SweetFX Mods in JSGME,...

someone tested v1.9 with oculus before AC 1.1 was out and they really liked it, particularly the refined auto exposure, apparently the default one changes so extremely when you are looking around the cockpit for example. this filter also disabled chromatic abberation, which i think should be a nice improvement, on all the rift youtube videos you can see this nasty effect very clearly. i assume you are aware of how to use a custom pp filter in rift? if i recall you have to edit the default pp filter and replace it with the contents of the custom one you want to use.

also ive seen people universally saying sweetfx sharpening is essential for the rift, so you will need to edit my SweetFX_settings.txt and change #define USE_LUMASHARPEN 0 to 1

do let us know how you find it/if anything can be improved for rift, ill probably make a separate filter for rift if there is anything significant to improve the rift experience

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I downloaded your file and installed it per the instructions. However, I am still getting the extreme brightness at the start of a race. I am able to adjust it by using the down button but by the time I clear the OR warning and adjust the brightness the other cars are long gone. Am I missing something from your download that fixes this or did I misinterpret the intent of the mod? I will try the SweetFX edit and let you know what I think.

i assume you are aware of how to use a custom pp filter in rift? if i recall you have to edit the default pp filter and replace it with the contents of the custom one you want to use.
I am not familiar with this option, any chance you could give me a quick how to?

Thanks again

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years