Nasr & Massa talk Brazilian Grand Prix

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
brazil.jpg

With the end of the Grand Prix season fast approaching, Formula One teams head off to Brazil to end the first American triple header in buoyant spirits.

With the drivers title already sealed by a peerless Lewis Hamilton, and Mercedes having wrapped up the Constructors championship in fine style, all that remains for the teams and drivers is to put on a great show for fans across the globe in these two remaining races, and where better to start than the home of the Brazilian Grand Prix, the circuit Autódromo José Carlos Pace at Interlagos.

Famous as the stomping ground of Brazilian idol Ayrton Senna, racing drivers the world over hold this classic venue in high regard, relishing the unique challenges on offer from the range of classic sweeps and turns not to mention racing in front of some of the most partisan and knowledgeable fans in the world.

nasr.jpg

This years Grand Prix will be of even greater significance for Sauber's Brazilian rookie Felipe Nasr, due to make his Grand Prix race debut on home soil. Nasr had the following to say to the official F1 website

“I am really looking forward to my first ever Formula One Grand Prix in Interlagos. I am sure there is going to be a lot of energy around the track from all the fans. It will be a very exciting weekend for me representing my home country in Formula One. Last year I drove in FP1 for Williams, which was a nice feeling. But racing in Formula One in front of my home crowd is a dream I have always had. Considering our motorsport history, it is not only a pleasure and honour, but also a moment to remember.”

On the other end of the spectrum, Williams Martini Racing's Felipe Massa will make his 14th appearance in front of his home fans, hoping to repeat last seasons performance and secure a podium finish to help his team finalise third place in this years Constructors World Championship

“Your home Grand Prix is always the most important race for a driver. For me to race at home where I started my career - first on the other side of the wall at the kart track, then onto the race track - there is always a big expectation to perform in front of your home crowd. I love the track, it’s one of the best tracks for me and I’ve always had good results there. I’m really looking forward to hopefully achieving another amazing result this year. Last year we managed to finish on the podium. It was a race with so many things happening - I had a five-second penalty and even stopped in the wrong garage - but we still managed to have an amazing race so it’s important to look back on what we did last year to try to repeat it and have a very strong weekend once again. The passion from the fans is amazing. The emotion they have and how close they are to me as a driver, it’s really an amazing feeling to race at home. The experience is difficult to explain.”

massa.jpg

With unpredictable weather, old school corners and a field of drivers either keen to prove a point for next season or just looking to enjoy the run in to the seasons end the 2015 installment of one of motor racing's great temples of speed looks set to once again be a classic event and serve as a timely reminder why we all get up and spend a couple of hours of our Sunday's glued to the box cheering on our favourite drivers.

Tracks like this remind me why I love motor sports, here's to another classic!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing