NASCAR Racing 2003

Yep, me too! THE best oval racing AI we've seen yet. Plus it happens to be from the era of NASCAR I watched voraciously long ago. :)

Wish there was a section for NR2003 mods here on RD – so many great mods for the game which make it look great and work well, but right now they're other places (e.g. Stunod).

Hold on, I just realized (if I'm not mistaken) there not only isn't a mod section for NR2003, but there also isn't a dedicated forum for NR2003 under "Other Racing Games". Hmm. Even though it's such an old game, there are loads of great cars, skins, and tracks for the game (including new ones still coming out).

@Bram Hengeveld and other RD staff, any chance of an NR2003 forum or downloads section? Or is there a backstory for why there isn't one?

There is a dedicated thread where I merged this conversation in ;)

Well there has never been much activity for NR hence we don't have a download section for it. No offense it's 17 years old now.

Thanks for the merge! I didn't look hard enough I guess... my mistake. :p

Fair enough! Exactly, it is pretty ancient.

For anyone who's curious about some good resources for NR2003 mods nowadays, it can be hard to know where to go, so I figured I'd put some links down below to some good spots to grab tracks and cars.

For the game and the still-great Brian Ring tracks (and more):

How to make the game look pretty great (YouTube tutorial by TheBenCrazy):

Armory Digital – a cool UI mod, some great tracks, and a whole brand new car set (the ICR mod):

Stunod Racing – lots of great cars and skins (NR2003 community lives there, now)

Some beautiful skies for the game:

BBMC – probably the best quality tracks for the game:

Im glad to know that there is still a small NR2003 community on RD. If you guys want I can share some ideas for paint schemes I want to recreate in the future.

I want to attempt this livery ran by Allan Grice in the 1988 Goodyear 500 sometime in the near future.
caldernascar1988.jpg

I have some templates for the Aero88 mod. Im kinda new to livery making in nr2003. I attempted to recreate the car Jimmy Kitchens ran during the 1998 EasyCare Certified 100 at Charlotte in the ARCA series on the cup98 mod template. It wont let me post an image so I might try to upload the .car file here in this thread.

Cool mate! This mod here?

I'm not familiar with it, looks great. How are the physics to drive? I just might download this if it's a good mod. :D

Aero88 is one of my favorites to drive. I use it with the cts physics for the higher speeds common during that era. Some fictional liveries are in the mod so I suggest you ditch the included carset and get the 1988 cup season set off of Noise Racing.

I decided to recreate the car that Rick Beebe ran in the 1998 ASA season.
NR2003asacar.png
Semi Fictional livery due to lack of photos and video footage.
asa98rb.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very new here and used to race NASCAR 2003 years ago offline. I recently got a new PC and have been racing rFactor 2 and ACC, and a couple rally sims. I see people talk about still running NC2K3 on Windows 10. I'm not a modder or even close to a computer weenie. Is there any way I can get NC2K3 on my new system? I have my disk, but I don't have a disk drive. Is it difficult or can it screw anything up on an otherwise perfectly running PC? Thanks!

I did the Graphical Tutorial update above but my cars don't have a shadow when viewing replay. Does anyone know the source of that glitch? Its unfortunate in that it completely ruins immersion and all the good that the new updates do.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back