NASCAR Racing 2003

It would be nice to get a league or something going for this. I spend to many nights with just 2 or 3 people racing online. I enjoy it, cause i dont take it to seriously with the issues it does have.
Its a fun game to play, but would be better with more people being online.

It's about finding the right time of day and right group of people to play with.

I'm in a group on the Steam forums of over 60 members, who always play around the same time every day/night depending on where you live. I get invited into private lobbies because I'm a member of this group. We often get between 8-12 drivers a race online.

It's about finding the right time of day and right group of people to play with.

I'm in a group on the Steam forums of over 60 members, who always play around the same time every day/night depending on where you live. I get invited into private lobbies because I'm a member of this group. We often get between 8-12 drivers a race online.
Where can i find this group. Would love to join

Where can i find this group. Would love to join

You need to go to groups in Steam and type in Nascar The Game 2013 and see what comes up. As far as I know a lot of these groups are by invites only from the group creators.

I can't give you the name of the group I'm in on here, but I can send it to you by PM. But even then, you will need an invite in. I'll have to check with the group owner.

You need to go to groups in Steam and type in Nascar The Game 2013 and see what comes up. As far as I know a lot of these groups are by invites only from the group creators.

I can't give you the name of the group I'm in on here, but I can send it to you by PM. But even then, you will need an invite in. I'll have to check with the group owner.
That would be excellent. I have 3 drivers that would love to join and we all really enjoy our nascar racing. Been running Stock Car Evolution for Rfactor for a while now, but its time for something new.

Nascar 13 on pc.

I am struggling to find good settings with the G25. Does anybody have any good settings?

If not I think I will go back to NR03

Hi there...does anyone here knows how to change cameras on this game?in game help shows that page up and page down are the keys for doing it but they are not working...probably because they are on the numeric keypad?any help anyway?thx...

Hi everyone. I'm running an offline league using the OWR07 carset which I hope some of you will be interested in joining

I currently have 11 confirmed drivers out of the 33 cars I'm running.

The series will be 20 races long, running at 15 road courses and 5 ovals. Each race will probably last in the region of 2 hours, depending on cautions. The planned calendar is as followed

1- Bavaria (Germany)
2- Sandown (Australia)
3- Karjala (Finland)
4- Atlanta (USA)
5- Indianapolis (USA)
6- Pukekohe (New Zealand) TBC
7- Mexico City (Mexico)
8- Kyalami (South Africa)
9- Laguna Seca (USA) TBC
10- Estroil (Portugal)
11- California (USA)
12- Cote D'Azur (Monaco) TBC
13- Sebring (USA)
14- Brands Hatch (Britain)
15- Nogaro (France)
16- Sakhir (Bahrain) TBC
17- Watkins Glen (USA)
18- Bridgehampton (USA)
19- Homestead Miami (USA)
20- Las Vegas (USA)

Some tracks are yet to be confirmed as I want to test them more to make sure the racing is as clean as possible as who wants only 8 people to finish. Race lengths are yet to be decided but as I said before. They will probably be a couple of hours long (Don't worry, the video will be edited so you don't have to sit and watch all the cautions etc...)

As I said before 11/33 seats have been taken. All the liveries are in the following video (I've recently got a capturing device so video quality will be significantly better for the race)

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=aT5m3V0Dh90

Below is all the current signups and I will update as signups progress

Newman Haas
02- Alex Morley
06- Jordan Morley

Chip Ganassi
9-
10-
83-
99- Dane Amann (In conjunction with Sam Schmidt Racing)

Penske Racing
3-
6-
12- Philip Goldberg

Andretti Green
7-
11-
26- Matthew Johnson
27- D.J. Harris
28-

A.J. Foyt Racing
14-
41-

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
15- Damon Ralke Sykes

PDM Racing
18- Takahiro Hayashi

FAZZT Racing
33-
77-

Dragon Racing
20-

Dreyer and Reinbold
22-

Conquest Racing
34-
36-

Rubicon Racing
44-

Panther Racing
4-
60- Atsushi Yamaguchi

KV RacingTechnology
5-
8-
59-
78-

Sarah Fisher Racing
66- Andy Graham
67- Takuma Ishikawa

All cars are equal. As it is an offline league, success will come down to your AI driver being consistent and not crashing

Thanks for reading and i hope you signup

Andy :)

Hello,

just got this game and started playing. Whenever ingame in a race when I enter pit lane, the game crashes to desktop.

I read on the steam forums that alot of people report the same issue but no one comes around with a solution. Someone from the users wrote that the developers would play the game all day long and could never manage to actually get the same pit lane crash bug as the users do, but alot of users report it!

Anybody here who also has that pit lane crash bug AND a SOLUTION how to get pit laning ingame work?

Didn't see a forum for nr 2003, so I'm just asking. Recently, my Windows 7 got corrupted & they had to wipe the hard drive & re-install W7. I have an external hard drive with all my games backed up. After I got the PC back, I noticed some older games wouldn't load. NR 2003 wouldn't load, it said something about not being installed right. So i got the original CD out & installed the game again to a temp folder. The new game runs fine. The older versions, now load the game, even the ones on the external hard drive, all load, but when i click on DRIVE to go out on the track, it kicks me back to DeskTop. Guessing something is missing or file got erased. My normal games are all on a 2 TB internal hard drive. That drive did not have windows 7 on it, just games. How wiping clean the main hard drive screwed up nr 2003 up is beyond me. Anyone have any ideas? I compared the main folders of the new install & older games & didn't notice any files missing. Even GTP, a knock off of nr 2003 does the same thing when you click on drive. Still scratching my head. Any ideas on what to check would sure be appreciated. Thanks !!!!!!!

Holy thread resurrection................:ninja::) I'm doing this for race sim history protection and archiving folks.

About time some more love was shown to our old favourite Nascar sim.

I started my online racing with this sim about 12 yrs ago.

If anyone wants to boot up their old copy on a modern PC and get it looking great, just ask me. I have done some research. Running lovely with about 150 fps at 2560x1080p. There are some great car sets out now too.

I have been having some fantastic AI races with 30 odd cars at some great tracks like Daytona, Indy, Texas and Kansas etc. I love it.

Any way, here are some pics I took today:
eNMorNM.png

CCfYT71.png

Wphn0H4.png

4jbpxyC.png

8xxbFTQ.png

rkUTw1g.png

8IZ9OvR.png

TX15pEG.png

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wasn't sure where to post this, don't see any NR-2003 forum. I'm sure there's many of you who still have & play NR-2003. So here's what if found recently & I just posted this over at NoGripRacing also because I still play it every week & wanted others to enjoy these updates as I have.

Although I haven't posted anything for a long time, I'm taking the time to post the following updates I found the other day for NR-2003. I looked through the forum & didn't see anything about these updates, so i wanted to share them for the other simmers out there who love & still play this game. If you still have NR-2003 on your hard drive but haven't played it for awhile, you might after installing these new updates, which i found by accident. 1st Update: Head over to this site link, http://splashngo.studiospeed.club/in...ry/mencs-2018/ & download the MENCS 2018 Cup Physics mod. It comes with the new paint schemes for 2018 Sprint Cup & a lot of fictional cars to drive. It's one of the best I've seen yet. It also has the most parts/damage ever in NR-2003. The roof caves in, front & rear clips come off & side body panels. 5 stars on this mod. NNRacing.com is painting fictional cars for the mod also. SimRacingDesign also has some great mods they released also. 2ND: Go to this link: http://racing.armorydigital.net/Page...downloads.html There's a UIE 2013 to download to change many of the menu & driving layout screens. Click on the UIE 2013 at the top right of the page, then click on Welcome To UIE 2013 & watch the video on what you can change in the video. While your on this site, click on Downloads & click on Kirby's Sound packs. Download the top one, GEN6 SOUNDS Ver4. All new sounds for NR-2003, twice as loud, the download has the default sounds in also if you don't like them. Also there's a folder for external sounds for the a.i. cars. Put that in also. You might want to make a copy of your sound folder just in case. Their louder & throatier, best I've heard yet, even better than the newer games. A must Have. Here's a link on YouTube how to install some of the files:
Over at SimRacingDesign they have the link & better install directions: http://www.simracingdesign.com/resources/uie-2013.58/ 3RD Update: Go to this YouTube link:
Watch the video & see how to Update the game from DX8 to DX9. The download link is below the video. IMPORTANT: There's 2 files you need to put into your main NR-2003 folder. Then run the ReShade_SetUp_3.1.0.exe file. I suggest turning your anti-virus off first, mine, Kaspersky didn't like the file. Even with the anti-virus turned off, I had to try it twice before the main box appeared. So keep trying if it doesn't work the first time. When you double click the exe., a small box pops up, click on the top rectangular box at the top, another box opens, you have to click on the d3d9.dll file you put in from the download. If it doesn't show, mine didn't, just type the name of the file in, d3d9.dll & it found it. After that, it will download some files, all the boxes are checked in the pop up box after they download. Leave all the files checked & click Ok. Your done. Go in the game, when the game first loads, there's a gray box at the top loading the files. Takes less than 30 seconds. By holding Shift/F2, a box appears in the middle of the screen, click on settings, the files are much like in Nvidia Inspector, only more detailed for this game only to change it to DX9. In the settings, you can turn files on or off & increase/decrease applications. Thanks to DurgeDriven postings pictures of his settings in Nvidia Inspector, I never heard of N.I. i downloaded it & applied the same settings to almost all my games. Honestly, after that, I've never seen NR-2003 so clear & NO jaggies. After putting this DX9 in, the game looks as good as any DX9 game out there. The colors are more vibrant, it's unbelievable how it looks. The video's don't do it justice. Here's a link also on YouTube to watch the install of DX9:
I hope all of you will enjoy these updates as I have. Well worth the time. Sorry for the long post, but I didn't want to miss giving everyone any of these awsome updates. You'll agree with me if you install these updates. It takes NR-2003 to NR-2018. Have Fun !!!!!!!!
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

edited

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 130869

edited

Last edited by a moderator:
Did'nt know where else to ask this, since there's no separate page for NR 2003. A few weeks ago, my NR 2003 exe files stopped working. I get a Windows error message saying no permission to allow?this, can't find. So I opened the DEP & instead of turning it off , I excluded the NR 2003 exe files. Restarted the PC, still don't work. I already had all my older games set to run as administrator & compatibility mode to Windows 7, which is what I have. I have the NR 2003 games & others backed up on an external hard drive, nr2003 won't work on the external hard drive either. I'm far, far from PC expert, but my best guess is, it might be a Windows update causing the problem. I'm hoping some of the computer/game on experts here might have some ideas. I updated Java. I was thinking of either trying to turn back the PC to an earlier date or maybe uninstall the most recent Windows updates, especially the security updates. Any help would be sure appreciated.!!!!!

Forgot to add, I haven''t installed any new applications in months & I excluded all my games in my anti virus to allow it to load. Plus .I Always turn off my anti virus & Malwarebytes program before playing any games. I'm at a loss to what could be the problem, all my other games work fine.!!!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 245 13.5%