NASCAR Racing 2003

figured out the problem.

it was such a simple thing that no one found out.

nowhere on the internet show the correct way to configure the axes

configure ALL axes in "controler options - calibrate"

configure ALL axes in "control assignments"

I was calibrating one axis at a time, so the second calibration canceled the first.

I didn't need to use any profiler

EDIT: I had made a post suggesting something,but never mind my post. I somehow didn't see your post until now! Great, glad it's solved.

Last edited:
Hi guys.. I recently decided to get back into NR2003 and try out some new mods and tracks... Anyways
When i am in game i get FFB in the turns and i can feel bumps but i have no weight in my wheel what so ever.. I tried to turn on centering spring in GHUB and it still dont give me any weight in my wheel.. And when i just use the GHUB default profile as soon as i join a race all the weight in my wheel is gone bye bye but i can still feel bumps and get a little weight in the turns.. But on the straights it feels like the car is floating and i can steer with my pinky finger :/

I see there is no love for any Nascar race sims any more on here (other than I-Racing). Any one still use NR2003? I just installed it on my new PC rig and it's still as great as ever.
maxresdefault.jpg

NASCAR RACING 2003
Fully modded, new sounds, new spotter, new car sets. It's like a new game. Runs great under Windows 11 too.
nascar crash.jpg

I see there is no love for any Nascar race sims any more on here (other than I-Racing). Any one still use NR2003? I just installed it on my new PC rig and it's still as great as ever.
View attachment 638496
Yeah, I saw GPLaps doing a 1990 Busch race with the Cup90 mod and had to go back to NR2003. A little modding later and NHeat5 got uninstalled. I've done the 1984-86 seasons so far, hoping to make it to '95. For a fan of that era, its VERY immersive. It's like a fantasy racing with Dale and Tim and Awesome Bill in his Coors #9.

I've asked this in the hardware section but haven't had a reply, so I'm hoping someone might know here. I can't get Nr2k3 to see my Cammus C5 wheel (pedals are fine). It works OK in all other games, even Grand Prix Legends where it shows as axis 8, but not here. I'm wondering if the axis number is too high. I have three controllers (the wheel, the wheelbase, the pedals) and it doesn't work even if I disconnect the pedals. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Nr2k3. I don't know what to try next.

I've asked this in the hardware section but haven't had a reply, so I'm hoping someone might know here. I can't get Nr2k3 to see my Cammus C5 wheel (pedals are fine). It works OK in all other games, even Grand Prix Legends where it shows as axis 8, but not here. I'm wondering if the axis number is too high. I have three controllers (the wheel, the wheelbase, the pedals) and it doesn't work even if I disconnect the pedals. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Nr2k3. I don't know what to try next.
Axis number being too high seems like a good guess.

This (free and open source) tool allows you to reorder DirectInput devices. Perhaps it could help?

Thank you, I really appreciate your reply, but no luck I'm afraid. I tried both methods in the tool help, but it didn't change anything. I'm totally stuck, and can't afford iRacing :)
Sorry I can't be of more help! Have no more ideas right now. I'll let you know if something comes to mind.

If you haven't already, it'd be worth asking on Stunod (stunodracing [dot] net) where there's a much larger community of people who play NR2003. It's not unlikely that someone there may have run into a similar issue in the past.

Last edited:
I've got it down to an art now, as it sometimes needs to be done on startup.
With the wheelbase still on, go to control panel and delete the three items - the pedals, the wheel, the wheelbase. Once they've been removed, turn off the wheelbase and reboot the pc.
Once rebooted, turn the wheelbase back on, open up the Cammus software, wait for it to say the new found hardware's ready to go, and that's that.
The axis number may have changed in-game, so you may need to recalibrate.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back