That is of course if they release it for him in the UK. Even if it takes some time I think we may just start out running some Chase Races. It may take to January before we can actually get enough people to make this league REALLY fun! 30+ people Fun! @Rob I'm going to take a guess and say you're down for the Wood Brothers #21?

Worst Case scenario, there are a few Xbox1 leagues out there already from the last few titles but only having 16 players has strung out the field a bit. We might be able to consolidate our numbers with some good communication.

Last edited:
If they had it I would think the Rob is a 71 Dave Marcis type of guy. Gotta respect a guy who races in penny loafers

No Dave Marcus or Dick Trickle.. :( but plenty of good looking cup cars. I think F1 is going to snag quite a bit of people away with its amazing graphics though. Only hardcore NASCAR guys are going to overlook the 30FPS

I'm going to take a guess and say you're down for the Wood Brothers #21?

Well, it's either that or Chase Elliott. I love Bill as you know, so I may have to go with him. Hmmm. Still hard not to choose #21 as that's so old school (despite having a boring driver). The Wood Brothers from SW Virginia did invent the pit stop after all...and they were key in Jim Clark's 1965 win at the Indy 500.

So, yea. Wood Brothers it is. :thumbsup:

No Dave Marcus or Dick Trickle.. :( but plenty of good looking cup cars. I think F1 is going to snag quite a bit of people away with its amazing graphics though. Only hardcore NASCAR guys are going to overlook the 30FPS

Do you really think the 30fps will be that big a deal when we are just running in circles? Getting the huge ass mirror right is critical, I think. I still think that if the physics are spot on, then it will be quite impressive. F1 is going to kill it. It's the game everyone has been waiting for. It will get priority over NASCAR in my book, but NASCAR (despite me busting on it every chance i get) fills a critical need--oval racing. And Assetto is also going to shock and awe (although I agree, the tracks are light). So, lots of competition. Any word on pCARS 2? At one point they though end of this year, but there is just too much competition out now, I would think. Throw in DiRT, and we could be facing five top notch games, with four thrown in the second half of this year.

If they had it I would think the Rob is a 71 Dave Marcis type of guy. Gotta respect a guy who races in penny loafers

Seriously? That's cool. Ol' Dick used to smoke in his car. lol. Gotta love DT. Sterling Marlin still around? My first race was Spring RIR in 1992. Marcis was there, as was Davey Allison, Morgan Sheppard, and Harry Gant. Alan Kulwicki finished 1/2 a car behind Bill Elliott (believe it or not, Bill's final win at a short track), and those two would battle all year for the Winston Cup. I later met Alan at Hooters just before he died. Very intense dude. those guys back then could really drive. Anything.

Yeah Spiff already snagged the 24. My first race was the 1993 Diehard 500 at Talladega. Neil Bonnett's first race back in a RCR car took out the fence in a spectacular crash and gave us an hour long Red Flag in the blistering hot Alabama Sun. I sat just out of turn 4 and saw a hell of a finish, as Earnhardt and Irving duelled wheel to wheel to the line with Dale taking the win by 6". I was already an Earnhardt fan but how often do you get to see your hero win at your first race? Unless of course you're a Kyle Busch fan.

My 1st race was the 96 UAW-GM 500 at charlotte which Terry Labonte won. It was awesome. My dad won the trip through the UAW giveaway at the GM plant in Linden NJ where he worked. He actually won a trip to the 96 Coca- Cola 600 but was not around to claim the prize. He bitched and they gave him this trip.

Everything was top shelf. They flew us down to Charlotte with car service from the airport, to and from the track and back to the airport. Stayed at the Hyatt regency (where they fed all of the grand prize winners with open bar), the buffet at the track consisted of Tenderloin, chicken piccata, Penne in Vodka sauce seafood and a whole lot more that I am forgetting. The best part was they gave us these cooler bags to carry as much beer as we wanted. They had tubs of ice to chill it all down. My dad and I grabbed at least a 12 a piece, I think I had more then that. We got to walk pit row before the race where I got a pic with Chocolate Myers in front of the Earnhardt pit box. When the race started we were seated at the entrance to pit row underneath the second level out of the sun. They even gave him a check to pay the taxes on the trip.. Best racing weekend I have ever had.

Do you really think the 30fps will be that big a deal when we are just running in circles? Getting the huge ass mirror right is critical, I think. I still think that if the physics are spot on, then it will be quite impressive. F1 is going to kill it. It's the game everyone has been waiting for. It will get priority over NASCAR in my book, but NASCAR (despite me busting on it every chance i get) fills a critical need--oval racing. And Assetto is also going to shock and awe (although I agree, the tracks are light). So, lots of competition. Any word on pCARS 2? At one point they though end of this year, but there is just too much competition out now, I would think. Throw in DiRT, and we could be facing five top notch games, with four thrown in the second half of this year.
Last I heard they were talking Summer 2017 which of course probably means sometime in the first half of 2018 :rolleyes: To be perfectly honest with what we'll have by mid-September I'm more than happy so I'm in no rush to see pCars 2 on the shelves and just want them to nail it before it ships.

Last I heard they were talking Summer 2017 which of course probably means sometime in the first half of 2018 :rolleyes: To be perfectly honest with what we'll have by mid-September I'm more than happy so I'm in no rush to see pCars 2 on the shelves and just want them to nail it before it ships.

Oh same here. I still thing Assetto will become my go-to game if MP works well. pCARS still has enough bugs to be annoying. Yet, pCARS is good for the variety and has a built in user base. Then there is the Goliath F1. It's already #1 in the U.K. If we get 2012-2013 numbers, we will be awash in leagues. Heck, AOR is cranking up about four right away. Then there is DiRT, if it can ever get a dedicated MP. I'm good to go on that one for a while...can always come back to it, but with Assetto and F1, I'll be very busy for a while.

Certainly

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing