Paul Jeffrey

Premium
nascar-heat-evolution.jpg
After several below par official NASCAR releases in recent years, the franchise for one of the most popular American racing series returns home to the team behind the original highly acclaimed NASCAR Heat and NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona.

During a recent press event, Monster Games have confirmed a deal to bring the NASCAR licence back to American soil after taking over the licence held by UK development studio Eutechnyxn since 2010. Monster Games and Dusenberry Martin Racing have promised to build the new NASCAR game "from the ground up" and aim to include several new game modes into the title's core offering.

SEE ALSO: Purchase NASCAR Heat Evolution on Amazon

"Challenge Mode" is due to make a return to the game, letting players recreate key scenarios from the previous NASCAR season and play as their driver of choice to relive or rewrite the season’s most memorable moments. Pick up and play races, Career Mode and Chase Mode, where the players race the final 10 rounds of the season in a recreation of the real life "Chase for the Cup" format have all been confirmed as making an appearance in the new title.

Although not much detail has been revealed at this early stage, it appears that NASCAR Heat Evolution has made an attempt to improve the often criticised artificial intelligence of previous offline experiences, with the inclusion of a new "AI and Speed Rating system" designed to adjust the level of difficulty based on your own speed and results. Early Monster NASCAR titles are still highly regarded by some members of the sim racing community for its intelligent AI and many will hope this can translate into an enjoyable and challenging offline experience with this latest reboot of the franchise.

NASCAR Heat Evolution is confirmed for release on the 13th September 2016 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Featuring the official NASCAR licence and containing all drivers of the 2016 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and all 23 licensed NASCAR tracks.

Do you have an interest in a quality NASCAR title? How do you rate previous NASCAR releases? Did you play NASCAR Heat and Dirt to Daytona? Let us know in the comments section below!

I'm not even going to expect Papyrus quality here, just a decent accessible NASCAR game similar to the old Heat games. I hope the present Monster Games team still know how to make racing games after all those years making games for Nintendo consoles.

I had memories of NASCAR Heat before on my Xbox, all I did was drive the wrong way during Happy Hour sessions.

As soon as I read ...........for Xbox One, PlayStation 4...... I lost all my hope
Their website says, in the about section: NASCAR Heat Evolution will race its way to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on September 13, 2016. http://www.nascarheat.com/

I guess if they show retailers to select just for ps4 or xbox one, it could mean for PC will only come through Steam and not physical stores like for consoles.

I did my very first online race with the original version it had good steady netcode and plenty of mods and add on tracks, it was overshadowed by the release of N2K3 but was a good game in it's own right. This could be a winner if the dev team take as much care with the reboot and present us with a complete game.

As good as rFactor/rF2 is, I think we have enough NASCAR games with PS2 graphics.
And? You can integrate the physics engine to another graphics engine, would be a better money and time spent than building it all from 0. And maybe it could be financially very good for them if they do this and send this job "back" to ISI, could end up being a good $$$ deal. The physics engine and the AI alone would worth it for a NASCAR game.
But ofc it looks like a game done for the masses, not expecting much from it.

And? You can integrate the physics engine to another graphics engine, would be a better money and time spent than building it all from 0. And maybe it could be financially very good for them if they do this and send this job "back" to ISI, could end up being a good $$$ deal. The physics engine and the AI alone would worth it for a NASCAR game.
But ofc it looks like a game done for the masses, not expecting much from it.
Nah, man, I want a dedicated physics engine, rFactor 2 is already a massive clusterf**k, if anything, I want the iRacing, or NR2003 engine for these stock cars... They've both already done an excellent job. And building from the ground up is always good when done right, when more developers start reaching the same conclusion, it means they've found a good benchmark, and closing in on realism. Hopefully we see something good from this. I personally like the selection of different physics between games, because no one gets everything right, most get certain aspects right while lacking others. The only way to get the best result is to put every physics engine in the world together.

I have to admin I find NASCAR 14 (I think) prety crap as even on low dificulty the AI is much faster so there is no physical way of winning. So if this has changed then maybe worth a look

Nah, man, I want a dedicated physics engine, rFactor 2 is already a massive clusterf**k, if anything, I want the iRacing, or NR2003 engine for these stock cars... They've both already done an excellent job. And building from the ground up is always good when done right, when more developers start reaching the same conclusion, it means they've found a good benchmark, and closing in on realism. Hopefully we see something good from this. I personally like the selection of different physics between games, because no one gets everything right, most get certain aspects right while lacking others. The only way to get the best result is to put every physics engine in the world together.
to me nobody is doing it better than rF2 atm (tho I spend nearly 1% of my sim time in it xD), if only ISI had a bit of a different direction, too much potential being wasted
I hope this could be the "not rF3", let's see. Not a NASCAR fan but racing online with them is sure fun

to me nobody is doing it better than rF2 atm (tho I spend nearly 1% of my sim time in it xD), if only ISI had a bit of a different direction, too much potential being wasted
I hope this could be the "not rF3", let's see. Not a NASCAR fan but racing online with them is sure fun
I know how you feel, I love rF2, but I barely play it, I made a few NASCAR skins for the ISI stock cars, but personally I barely drive them. My main reason for buying rF2 was actually the IndyCars, but for NASCAR, I have to be in like a certain mood to drive them. But when I am, it's tons of fun.

I just wish production would speed up, but part of me feels like it will never get better. It just seems like there isn't enough of a fanbase or support to push it. Most rF fans are playing the first one, or have moved to iRacing, or Assetto Corsa.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 116 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 301 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 430 39.6%