Is it true that Heat is just a remake of '15, which was basically a carbon copy of '14? I would like to have a modern NASCAR game, but I don't want to get it just to find that it is basically the same game with the same glitches.
NASCAR '14 and '15 just didn't appeal to me, because the developers didn't even think to fix the glitches from the first game. That really seems like the cardinal sin of the world of video game developing to me. :rolleyes::poop:

Heat is not a remake of '15, no. The games from '11 to '15 are carbon copies of each other, but Heat Evolution is a new game from a new developer... which is mostly a remake of 2002's Dirt to Daytona. A lot of people's excitement over this one is that it isn't in the hands of Eutechnyx like '15/'14/'13/'12/'11 were.

NASCAR Heat Evolution February DLC.jpg

Dusenberry Martin Racing and Monster Games have revealed the next batch of free DLC content to be added to NASCAR Heat Evolution.

With NASCAR Heat Evolution having made it's debut on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC back on the 13th September, the developers of the title haven't been slow to release a raft of post release content for the new game. With a mix of some interesting content and the occasionally cash grab skin pack release, it appears that for February's DLC package the studio are looking to bring a bit more content to fans without the need to part with your hard earned cash.

In the previews released so far, the February DLC pack will contain paint schemes for no less than 14 drivers from the 2016 NASCAR racing season. Labelled up as Pit Pass 5, the new DLC will be a welcome addition to the game for fans of a series used to seeing drivers running multiple paint schemes during the course of the year. It must be noted that only players over the age of 21 will receive access to the Kevin Harvick’s Busch schemes due to alcohol licencing restrictions.

You can see the contents of the Pit Pass 5 free DLC pack below.
  • Tony Stewart: Bass Pro Shops/Ducks Unlimited, #AlwaysRac14g
  • Kevin Harvick: Busch Light, Busch Light (Chase), Busch, Busch (Chase), Orange Busch Hunting (Chase), Busch Throwback
  • Joey Logano: Mosaic Shell-Pennzoil, AAA (Chase), Mosaic Shell-Pennzoil (Chase – Round of 16), Mosaic Shell-Pennzoil (Chase – Round of 12), Mosaic Shell-Pennzoil (Chase – Round of 8), Mosaic Shell-Pennzoil (Chase – Round of 4)
  • Chris Buescher: CSX (Chase)
  • Carl Edwards: Arris (Chase)
  • Austin Dillon: Breast Cancer Awareness/American Ethanol (Chase)
  • Chase Elliott: Mountain Dew, Kelley Blue Book
  • Landon Cassill: ThePeteStore.com
  • Michael McDowell: Thrivent Financial
  • Casey Mears: Geico Sonoma, Geico Texas
  • Paul Menard: Menards/Richmond Water Heaters, Menards/Moen, Menards/Dutch Boy
  • Regan Smith: Citizen Soldiers
  • Ryan Ellis: Dustless Blasting, Union/EJ Wade
  • Matt DiBenedetto: Texas Police, NASCAR Heat Evolution #49, JAS
  • Trevor Bayne: AdvoStrong

Additional content to be released as part of the February DLC package will be revealed in the following days. Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for more information as and when it becomes available....

NASCAR Heat Evolution is available to purchase today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC.

Check out the NASCAR Heat Evolution sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding this title. You can take part in a selection of great online races and download some excellent community created content in our modding archive.

How are you finding NASCAR Heat Evolution so far? Do you like the game? Looking forward to the new February DLC content? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Since it's dropping the exact day before the 2017 season begins, I get the vibe this is a panicked rush to get it out the door while they still have all the licenses. But that doesn't stop it from being a very welcome addition.

Heat Evolution was an alright game during the 2016 season; I get the feeling it'd be even more enjoyable now that the 2017 Cup is going in a way different direction. Now it's nostalgic!

NASCAR Heat Evolution 2017 Pack 2.jpg

Dusenberry Martin Racing and Monster Games look set to release a new 2017 livery DLC pack for NASCAR Heat Evolution this February, adding new paint schemes and the new Toyota Camry model.

In something of a slightly dubious move that smells of quick cash grab rather than genuine benefit for NASCAR Heat Evolution owners, the upcoming '2017 Team Update' DLC will not be an actual update to the game, but a simple set of liveries shipped as something of a placeholder until the new NASCAR title hits the shelves later this year.

Although the 2017 update contains all the new paint schemes, driver swops and the new Camry model for next season, still missing are a representation of the new rules for 2017, track change layouts, online compatibility or Monster Energy Cup Series branding...

The new pack will allow players to choose between Race, Championship, and Career modes offline, as well as still being able to select the current 2016 schemes, but you wont be able to take to the track online in the new paint schemes DLC. I fear this isn't really the update fans have been looking for on the eve of the new NASCAR season kicking off at Daytona on February 19th.

All in all it feels to me like the latest DLC from DMR and Monster Games is very similar to the majority of the previous ones, namely a desperate attempt to squeeze more money from fans of the sport before launching the new official 2017 game later in the year.

The 2017 Team Update includes:
  • Team & Roster Updates
  • New Drivers
  • New 2017 Paint Schemes:
#41 Monster Energy car and the #77 5 Hour Energy car make their NASCAR video game debut.​
  • 2017 Schedule
  • New Toyota Camry Model
NASCAR Heat Evolution is available to purchase today for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. The 2017 livery updated DLC will be released February 27th for $9.99.

NASCAR Heat Evolution 2017 Pack.jpg

NASCAR Heat Evolution 2017 Pack 3.jpg

Check out the NASCAR Heat Evolution sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding this title. You can take part in a selection of great online races and download some excellent community created content in our modding archive.

Does the idea of a 2017 livery update appeal to you? Will you be purchasing the DLC? Has NASCAR Heat Evolution lived up to your expectations? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Unlike any other Motorsports, NASCAR thrives in souvenir sales due to the ever evolving liveries and driver changes that take place in the sport. If you don't follow Nascar this may seem like a trivial thing. However, if you are a fan of the sport it goes a long way to holding us over having updates paint schemes and drivers. Only on PC in a game, that's been far outdated (NASCAR 2003), could you get car sets for free. Most of these were usually the work of someone on their own accord doing all the artwork with no licensing or official liveries. Sorry but you have to pay for that in 2017. Especially when it comes to consoles. You obviously don't have to spend a dime to play the game and have fun. But If want to see the cars that are on the track this season with Officially Licensed liveries you're going to have to pay for that. As far as changes to the points system, I didn't expect to change until the new game is released. It's like trying to get 4K resolution out of your 720p tv. The new game is coming and when it comes out it will need more updates to the liveries and drivers to remain relevant ( i.e. F1 2011 is irrelevant compared to F1 2016) . It will always be a thing in NASCAR it's a marketing thing that comes from the top of the sport. Dale Jr ( NASCAR's most Popular Driver) had at least 4 different paint schemes in 2016 alone. Again No other sport, just saying!

Remember when NASCAR games had you unlock liveries by doing in-game achievements and you didn't have to spend on them? I remember...

(I know the industry has changed; but I'm still reminiscing better days...)

It just seems a bit of a scam paying for a 2017 skin pack now when a new game, with the skins included plus everything else, will be released in the not too distant future.

Appreciate $10 isn't a lot of money, but it does feel like this game is basically a platform for DLC releases :) Still if the people who buy the DLC are happy then that is all that matters I suppose. It's not like someone has a gun to everyone's head forcing them to buy the stuff :)

Just seems a little on the shady side to me and doesn't leave a pleasant taste in my mouth.

I'm happy to see the new season update coming to the game to keep it in line with the real thing as much as possible. Yes it would have been nice to see some actual game enhancements at the same time but this will provide a nice boost regardless :thumbsup:.

There's no news on any release date for the new game so this will tide us over and allow us to replicate the real season as cloise as possible until that time.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the new game as well. Apparently this current platform can't support any new adjustments to the points system or physics of the car i.e. Trackbar adjustments. I deal with this stuff on a daily basis though. In my work, people buy 80k X-ray systems but you can update the firmware so much before you have to replace it. To me the 2017 Car set is a colorful bandaid to hold us over until the new game with all the promised content comes out. What I don't want is them to rush out a product that is as unfinished and unpolished as this last release. Deadlines from investors have been the downfall of many games and I hope they take their time.

I'm looking forward to the new game as well. Apparently this current platform can't support any new adjustments to the points system or physics of the car i.e. Trackbar adjustments. I deal with this stuff on a daily basis though. In my work, people buy 80k X-ray systems but you can update the firmware so much before you have to replace it. To me the 2017 Car set is a colorful bandaid to hold us over until the new game with all the promised content comes out. What I don't want is them to rush out a product that is as unfinished and unpolished as this last release. Deadlines from investors have been the downfall of many games and I hope they take their time.

I guess I have turned from one of this game's biggest critics (having not played it :laugh:) to one of its biggest fans. Although I have not played online, and I know many negatives are associated therewith, the core functions of a game (for me) are there. And by "core" I mean to that particular racing series. The road feel, connection to the track, ability to feel yaw in the car, and genuine sense of tire model put the physics of this (mind you it's an oval and so less dynamic is required) on par with pCARS. In fact, I think the cars in HEAT feel better than the stock cars in pCARS, even on a road course. So that's 60% of a game right there. Other surprises included the rich tuning system (I know there are flaws, but it's there and works to a large degree), the excellent flag system, only rivaled by F1 in my opinion, and the exquisite feel you get being able to control, yet simultaneously piss your pants, while running in the pack at Daytona. It's a feeling that cannot be replicated by any other game. Forza does not come close. So, on the XBO, I'm giving it a 7 only because its potential is there, but untapped.

Even online, you can do things like call mandatory cautions with mandatory pit stops for cars that cause another to go sideways or you have contact with the wall, etc. In fact, it would probably run smoother than all the silly competition cautions.

What really shocked me was the feeling I got while in the pack. It's scary as hell, but controllable. I didn't say I could, but I'm getting there. It's just such a different form of racing that (Mike I agree) not as many worldwide understand. Tracks that look identical can sometimes be entirely different in racing line approach. Anyway, you get the picture.

Paul, as for your main article, thanks for the update. I agree with you 100% -- I'd bet my bottom dollar that NASCAR has almost nothing to do with the delights of this game, besides investment. The "skins" that they are selling smack of arcade gimmicks and I wish the dev would quit the charade. But like Michael said, this is being driven by NASCAR. And it's one of the reasons the sport has seen an ugly plummet in popularity here. But the *essence* of what it is, should never be underestimated.

I really don't see any issue with the 'offer' of these liveries as DLC. Nobody is forced to purchase anything they do not want but those that do and like to see their races mirror the real thing in terms of cars and drivers get the chance to do so with these DLC. Of course it would be great to see them given free but at the end of the day these companies have to make money otherwise we end users would not get the games we want.

I really don't see any issue with the 'offer' of these liveries as DLC. Nobody is forced to purchase anything they do not want but those that do and like to see their races mirror the real thing in terms of cars and drivers get the chance to do so with these DLC. Of course it would be great to see them given free but at the end of the day these companies have to make money otherwise we end users would not get the games we want.
I would call it a money grab if the developer had not worked its tail off to improve the game. The patch notes would make any SIM developer jealous. So throwing a little DLC out there is not a big deal, even if liveries. There are no new "tracks" that I'm aware of, and all the cars are nominally kit cars, so typical DLC is not going to happen. Would I love to see the Xfinity series drivers and a seperate section? Sure, but it would improve the game that much for me.

BTW, did you see they added a "dual" multiplayer mode in patch #3? You can set up a quick race with a buddy online and it's just you and him, any distance, any track.

And this is the first game I can recall where console players have a better product. Only on them can you set private lobbies to "sim" physics, pick the distance to the lap, and have custom setups. Sure, it should be basic to the game, but I think a league is at least operable now.

I would call it a money grab if the developer had not worked its tail off to improve the game. The patch notes would make any SIM developer jealous. So throwing a little DLC out there is not a big deal, even if liveries. There are no new "tracks" that I'm aware of, and all the cars are nominally kit cars, so typical DLC is not going to happen. Would I love to see the Xfinity series drivers and a seperate section? Sure, but it would improve the game that much for me.

BTW, did you see they added a "dual" multiplayer mode in patch #3? You can set up a quick race with a buddy online and it's just you and him, any distance, any track.

And this is the first game I can recall where console players have a better product. Only on them can you set private lobbies to "sim" physics, pick the distance to the lap, and have custom setups. Sure, it should be basic to the game, but I think a league is at least operable now.
But a money grab that people do not have to buy.. it is everyone's choice whether they buy them or not.

Wasn't aware of the co-op play, that could be fun.. So you can't add AI to it, it's just the two of you alone on track? I used ot love the F1 co-op option we had back in 2011.. played a season of that with a buddy with us both in the McLaren and it was a hell of a lot of fun :thumbsup:

But a money grab that people do not have to buy.. it is everyone's choice whether they buy them or not.

Wasn't aware of the co-op play, that could be fun.. So you can't add AI to it, it's just the two of you alone on track? I used ot love the F1 co-op option we had back in 2011.. played a season of that with a buddy with us both in the McLaren and it was a hell of a lot of fun :thumbsup:

It's a waste of resources to offer such weak DLC, but I aint the CEO. lol.

Yea, no A.I. in any online session ever. A real drawback, unless you have a big group, then it's do=able.

It's a waste of resources to offer such weak DLC, but I aint the CEO. lol.

Yea, no A.I. in any online session ever. A real drawback, unless you have a big group, then it's do=able.
I guess weak depends on whether you want it or not. I am sure there are plenty of Nascar fans that want the up to date liveries, etc.

Oh ok, that's a shame...

Hi all, new to this forum. I have been editing car paint in NHE and found them easy to install with Unity Assets Bundle Extractor but I have a problem with the game crashing when I have edited certain .rab files. I have concluded it must be because its a size issue when the file is uncompressed.

Strange thing is it only happens when I edit DLC files or the 2017 data cupcars2016_4k.rab file, the edited graphics show up in the menu but the game crashes when I try to start a race.

Also I worked around this issue with my career by deleting all the other files in my sponsors primarysponsor_l1.rab file and reducing the size.

All modded files work with the 2016 data cupcars2016_4k.rab file, no issues.

Is there anyway to re-compress these files or another work around?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey dude, I can't help you unfortunately but I'm hoping you can help me

I can't figure out how to get my scheme to work in career, when I copy it in the car just shows as solid black, but when I put it over a car in cupcars2016_4k.rab it shows up fine, did this happen to you/do you know how to fix it?

Hey dude, I can't help you unfortunately but I'm hoping you can help me

I can't figure out how to get my scheme to work in career, when I copy it in the car just shows as solid black, but when I put it over a car in cupcars2016_4k.rab it shows up fine, did this happen to you/do you know how to fix it?
Hey, I'm not hundred percent sure why it shows up as all black.

The career car themes are located in the sponsors folder either under PC/Assetbundles or PC/Assetbundles/ 2017Data depending on which season you started your career in.

The file I edited was in primarysponsor_l1.rab since I had already received one sponsor which is Moog. The only problem is that the templates for the career cars are different than the templates used for the other cars so you can't just plug and play.

Another issue is that it reads the car number files from sharedassets35.assets in the NASCARHeatEvolution_Data folder so you either have to edit the number graphic there or you have to just make a blank and replace your chosen number in that file with it (which is what I did), the same goes for sponsors because it reads the car sponsors from the separate files in the sponsors folder.

I hope this helps you, if you don't understand something just ask and I'll reply when I can.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%