Paul Jeffrey

Premium
704 Games have revealed the launch trailer for the soon to be released NASCAR Heat 5.
  • New trailer for the latest NASCAR Heat game.
  • All the teams, cars, series of the 2020 NASCAR series.
  • New modes and features.
Featuring the cars, teams, drivers and categories of the 2020 NASCAR series and its supporting championships, NASCAR Heat 5 will be released on Xbox One, PS4 and PC from July 10th, and looks set to be the biggest and most detailed entry into the NASCAR Heat franchise to date.

The new game will of course once again include the three NASCAR National Series (Cup, Xfinity and Trucks) as well as the Xtreme Dirt Tour, and comes with a total of 39 authentic real world oval and road course configuration circuits on which the 2020 NASCAR series were scheduled to race this year.

NASCAR Heat 5 2.jpg

• Key features.
  • Split screen returns.
  • Expanded career mode.
Expanding further on the already solid career mode within previous entries into the franchise, NASCAR Heat 5 further develops on the themes of previous games, expanding this engaging offline mode further as you begin your career in the dirt track scene before working your way up through the ranks to an eventual Cup Series ride.

As well as career mode, Heat 5 also features a new Test Session mode, Quick Race, the brand new Challenge Mode and of course both online multiplayer and split screen.

NASCAR Heat 5 1.jpg

Nascar Heat 5 Key Features
  • Introducing Test Session Mode – practice without AI, adjust your setup, and refine your race craft
  • Deeper career mode statistics – track your performance more accurately, such as average finish, average start
  • Race online for the ultimate challenge against up to 39 other drivers
  • Take part in the eNASCAR Heat Pro League for the chance to drive for one of the official NASCAR teams!
  • Full car set up options allow you to refine the car to suit the circuit and your racing style

NASCAR Heat 5 is available to purchase for Xbox One, PS4 and PC from July 10th 2020.

Check out the NASCAR Heat 5 news thread for the latest news and discussion about this upcoming new racing title.

NASCAR Heat 5 Footerr.jpg

I don't know who the person who uploaded this video is, but on a 16:9 screen, I feel like I'm seeing flattened race cars.

Anyway, this is not a good start...

I'm not an expert on Nascar, what's so exciting about this kind of racing?

Got it.
Now if there was ever a copy/paste of a game; it's this one!
Same problems too like the irritating stuttering. Now this problem is a deal breaker, but nothing done about it.

Graphics, physics; same as NH4.

The biggest thing; guys running a pc, can't really play because there is nu button on your wheel OR keyboard to acces the "options" menu!
WOW; that is the biggest fail I have EVER seen!
You can acces a little part of it when you go to a race, but that's it.

It's not worth a penny this one.

Boring as Bat S... going around and around in a circle not much skill needed just put it on Auto pilot and off you go haha. Not my kind of a game sorry.

I kind of agree with all the comments so far. The only fun about doing SIM Nascar Racing if doing it in an online league with live drivers. Sure it is going around in a circle, but doing actual pitting, watching your tire wear, and drafting strategies are some key factors in online racing.

I did allot of online racing with Nascar2003 back in the 1990's and was fun and it was free, but would not do it now with this Nascar Heat 5. There is no actual caution pitting-only under green flag, no normal pace laps, and all the rolling starts are a joke. I dont do Career modes. Some people say all my above items are a waste of time, but that is part of doing the online race and can make mistakes doing them. Also no VR.

I find Rfactor 2 game does a nice job doing Nascar races. Iracing is an option, but too expensive for me and dont have the time to do it. I do have a previous Nascar Heat game just to see what it does, And all above in first 2 paragraphs is what I found out about it. Only thing better is the graphics compared to Nascar 2003.

So they haven't improved graphics at all on XbX or PS4 Pro? Rubbish graphics has been main thing why I can't stand NH on consoles, other is so so controls Little bit sad 'cause decent Nascar on consoles would be cool.

Got it.
Now if there was ever a copy/paste of a game; it's this one!
Same problems too like the irritating stuttering. Now this problem is a deal breaker, but nothing done about it.

Graphics, physics; same as NH4.

The biggest thing; guys running a pc, can't really play because there is nu button on your wheel OR keyboard to acces the "options" menu!
WOW; that is the biggest fail I have EVER seen!
You can acces a little part of it when you go to a race, but that's it.

It's not worth a penny this one.

So... still better off dragging out the old PS2 or an emulator then. Oh joy!

BTW; what's wrong with this site?
It was out two days ago......they wrote nothing. They still don't know it's out by now?

Uh, what?

Jumping on steam it tells me to pre-purchase it, and that it releases the 10th?

Or do you count the gold edition which gives "early access"? If so, early access =/= release. Also, you'll see that the same goes for F1.

I don't know who the person who uploaded this video is, but on a 16:9 screen, I feel like I'm seeing flattened race cars.

Its a more rough form of motorsport, which appeals to many. Much less political than F1. Door to door racing is always happening at somewhere on the track. While I love F1 because of its mechanical innovation and "pinnacle of motorsport" attitude, NASCAR gives strategy shows, gives close finishes, and is a raw form of racing.

Racing in a VERY tight pack at high speeds is VERY exciting. It takes a lot of finesse to not cause a wreck and these cars are difficult to drive.
Also, in my opinion, you are more involved mentally. Meaning you have to think about what to do to win or at least secure a good position. You have to strategize.
It's not like circuit racing where you can win simply by overtaking the opponents and increasing your gap. In NASCAR you have to stick to a pack, small or large, or even to a single car. You "help" eachother reaching the top. Draft buddies are the best buddies to have.
NASCAR is hugely misunderstood, just like American Football. There's a LOT more than meets the eye. At least for those directly involved.

Racing in a VERY tight pack at high speeds is VERY exciting. It takes a lot of finesse to not cause a wreck and these cars are difficult to drive.
Also, in my opinion, you are more involved mentally. Meaning you have to think about what to do to win or at least secure a good position. You have to strategize.
It's not like circuit racing where you can win simply by overtaking the opponents and increasing your gap. In NASCAR you have to stick to a pack, small or large, or even to a single car. You "help" eachother reaching the top. Draft buddies are the best buddies to have.
NASCAR is hugely misunderstood, just like American Football. There's a LOT more than meets the eye. At least for those directly involved.
Totally agree. I'd always been wondering about the interest of this sport, and I had been always really bad in simulators (Nascar Racing 1 and 2, 2003 ; I really didn't understand how to drive these beasts). And so I've enjoyed Nascar races in the TOCA Race series and got more intestered. NH2 was awful. I've finally bought NH4 (especially because it includes Dirt races) and, though I did not have a lot of time to play, I've enjoyed it and I still need to go back to it (it's not I got bored, just no time to simrace).

In a 100% race, any small mistake costs you a lot of places (if not the whole race). You're always on the verge to cause a wreck or to be victim of one, there is no any Senna's "god inspiration's" driving thing (which is in fact a perfect muscle memory and full focusing), because another car is always bullying you, and you have to manage the drag, strategically competing and cooperating with other drivers. There is no way you can win by driving alone as in road tracks races.

Dirt Racing is insane, racing door to door, any small throttle/brake input, lifting makes the difference.

I think I would not enjoy watching oval races, but being part of the pack, it's something refreshing.

And indeed, these cars are difficult to drive on road tracks.

That's another motorsport, it's irrespectful to criticise something one don't understand. I don't know a lot about US motorsports, but if you search for wrecks in oval races, especially on ovals (indycar), you will understand why the drivers are so respected, as the danger is really high, even in the modern era. Just try NH4 (or 5), and imagine you're driving these cars IRL. In road tracks races you're racing primarly against yourself, in oval races, you're racing with and against many drivers, and you need them to win.

I'm not hyped by NH5 though, as the only addition is the hotlap mod, which, although I initially missed it in NH4, isn't that interesting (at the end, not being able to infinitely hotlap is the right way to prepare a race). We'll just get some insanely fast drivers hotlapping hours and hours. I would have liked they included Sprint cars races or other Dirt series.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%