Paul Jeffrey

Premium
704Games have confirmed a new NASCAR Heat is almost ready to release - set to launch this September on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Having gone through much in the way of development since the broadly disappointing NASCAR Heat 3, the new official game of the popular Monster Energy NASCAR series is getting ever closer to dropping into the public marketplace - with a tentative September release date and new screenshots revealed by the development team behind the previous three games within the popular racing franchise.

NASCAR Heat 3: Check out our review video HERE.

Of the upcoming game, something 704Games have been keen to emphasise is the enhanced vehicle audio that will be present in Heat 4 - one of the most disappointing aspects from the series to date, and something that fans of the game have been increasingly vocal about on the run up to yesterdays announcement.

NASCAR Heat 4 1.jpg

Having recorded new audio from all three officially licenced series (Monster Energy, Xfinity Series and Trucks), 704Games claim the sound of NASCAR Heat 4 will be a big improvement over the last game, adding yet more to the immersion of the new title.

NASCAR Heat 4 2.png

A notable feature change for the new game will be the inclusion of additional tyre compounds and the spectacularly vague promise of "new updated driving physics for all series", another area that certainly left something to be desired from the previous title.

More news about NASCAR Heat 4 will be shared here at RaceDepartment as and when it becomes available...

NASCAR Heat 4 a.jpg

NASCAR Heat 4 will release on PC and console September 2019.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for the upcoming NASCAR Heat 4 sub forum in the next few days - the place to be for news and discussion regarding the new title.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
These games seem to get worse from what I hear, hopefully they can turn it around. I still play Dirt to Daytona every so often, it's great and I'd love to see a worthy modern successor.

• Deleted member 151827

Annual games like this just seem like a money grab to me. What changes? Paint schemes?

They have to improve console version's graphics, they are downright horrible in all 3 previous versions, reason why I simply can't play. There would certainly be room for console nascar, I could even accept controller feel like in no 3, but really MAKE THE GRAPHICS BETTER, please.

To be more precise, car models are quite ok,but tracks, enviroment are very bad and even with those graphics, fps sucks in console versions, no matter if you use PS4, XONe or XbX.

NASCAR is a lot more fun to play than watch on TV. I've spent countless hours on NR 2003, back in the days. I wish there was a good NASCAR game, but from what I've heard and read, all three NH were not exactly satisfactory. Frankly, I'm surprised that the same company gets to release NH4. Were sales really that good? Do they have a long term deal with NASCAR? Anyway, I'll wait for the reviews, but I'm not optimistic.

NASCAR is a lot more fun to play than watch on TV. I've spent countless hours on NR 2003, back in the days. I wish there was a good NASCAR game, but from what I've heard and read, all three NH were not exactly satisfactory. Frankly, I'm surprised that the same company gets to release NH4. Were sales really that good? Do they have a long term deal with NASCAR? Anyway, I'll wait for the reviews, but I'm not optimistic.
To answer your question, 704 Games has (unfortunately) a long term contract for the license. Not sure exactly how long though.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 226 13.9%