• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured NASCAR Heat 4: Preview Videos and More!

Discussion in 'NASCAR Heat 4' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 14, 2019 at 20:14.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,009
    NASCAR Heat 4   .jpg
    Check out the latest previews from the upcoming NASCAR Heat 4.

704Games have revealed the drivers set to be included in the base version of NASCAR Heat 4, the upcoming officially licenced Monster Energy NASCAR series videogame due to release later this year.

As well as the drivers set to be included from the three official tiers of NASCAR competition, recent weeks have seen the American studio drop a number of preview videos from the new game - showing what look to be much improved visuals and audio within the new title.

NASCAR Heat 4   2.jpg

As well as the three official series, an expanded dirt category once again appears within the game, adding some loose surface racing as a career starting point for budding virtual NASCAR drivers. Oh, and they look pretty cool too...

As well as the above preview from Eldora, 704Games have also shared a brief teaser from the main series in action at the Martinsville night race, again showing a much improved visual experience over last year's Heat 3:

With some new screenshots, new videos and bits of fresh information slowly sneaking out into the public domain, these are the various drivers that will come in the base version of the title:

Nascar Heat 4 Trucks Roster Reveal.jpg Nascar Heat 4 Xfinity Series Roster.jpg NASCAR Heat 4 Nascar Roster .png
    So, are we excited?

NASCAR Heat 4 will release on PC and console September 2019.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for the upcoming NASCAR Heat 4 sub forum in the next few days - the place to be for news and discussion regarding the new title.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
  2. EduCalza

EduCalza

Ratings:
    +42
    looks really good..that sound....

3. RKip455

RKip455
    Attack Life, its going to Kill you Anyway! Premium

Ratings:
    +16
    This game is still evolving with every release... maybe this will be Beta 0.9

• Haha Haha x 3
  4. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +422
    Pretty remarkable they are still making this series considering how poorly it's been received. I am assuming that NASCAR license sells enough copies to keep it going another year.

Too bad, stock car racing is actually kind of cool and NASCAR fans are some of the most enthusiastic and engaged fans you'll find - it would be nice if they had a decent game to play.

• Agree Agree x 13
  5. Brendan24

Brendan24

Ratings:
    +0
    That AI truck not spinning out or losing control after being plowed into by the player has me a little worried. One of my biggest complaints from all the past Heat games has been that the AI cars are too planted to the track. A light tap should be all it takes to spin a stock car out on corner entry

6. Robert_S

Robert_S

Ratings:
    +9
    fake game

7. Raikku

Raikku

Ratings:
    +76
    So. Will they improve console versions's graphics hugely or will nr 4 be same crap as predecessors? They're really that bad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +123
    Hehe I can still remember another Nascar title that did make all the things right.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +51
    As a hardcore Sim Racer, I don't understand the fun in turning left for an hour straight while maintaining the same speed.... boring.... my brake pedal feels abandoned and lonely. Kill that game, it will be DOA... The real life NASCAR series is in massive decline over the last few years (sponsors, attendance, etc...).

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +76
    There are different types of ovals.
    Super speedways, which can be about maintaining the same speed and strategy, but the short ovals pose a very different kind of racing. Just see this as the modern equivalent of the Roman horse circus racing.

Although love road track racing, I do find a special charm in ovals, both asphalt and dirt.

Not defending NASCAR Heat though.

IMO the Unity based NASCAR HEAT Evolution, 2 and 3 are disappointing.
    Apart from some graphics tweaks I am not at all convinced that 4 will be different.

Certainly not buying on release, will be following the critical reviews.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. The Walker

The Walker

Ratings:
    +47
    I thought the same about ovals. Really.
    Then I started racing on iRacing (sorry for the pun), and wow. It's different type of racing, you have to stay calm and focused for the whole race with 2 guys just few centimetres ahead, one guy on your side and maybe other 2 guys behind

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. michelforest

michelforest

Ratings:
    +167
    Someone should just send a copy of NASCAR Racing 2003 by Papyrus to the makers of this game and tell them: "This is how you do it, guys. Update the graphic engine, the tracks, the cars, etc., but keep the concept."

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +76
    That’s been said a lot, but you have to understand the guys behind this game have their own heritage.

Monster Games is the outfit behind the original NASCAR Heat, NASCAR Heat 2 and NASCAR Dirt to Daytona. They do not make race sims like Papyrus. Their target audience will play this on a console with a controller. It is difficult to please both casual gamers and simmers with the same game. It is not impossible though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jdwohlever

jdwohlever

Ratings:
    +4
    If you think brakes aren't used in NASCAR, then you don't know anything about oval racing.

• Like Like x 2
  15. jdwohlever

jdwohlever

Ratings:
    +4
    Look at who is making iRacing.
    That IS the Papyrus folks.

16. roadyroad

roadyroad

Ratings:
    +86
    It seems the last one was fun, although not a sim, but there was a very bad wheel support. I hope it will be solved this time... I still can't understand how some developpers dare to release racing games, sim or arcade, without proper wheel support...

17. danczehajek_alt

danczehajek_alt

Ratings:
    +1
    Looks like the contact system has been somewhat fixed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.