I really hope this is some kind of glitch or something... something that can be corrected in patch.
AT 3:50 the end of the race, he's dead last and still have to finish about quarter of the lap but the race is declared finished :confused: and control over car, seems, is taken away from him in process... Even if he had still 1/4 of the lap to finish !?! wt&f :O_o::mad::sick:
Weird. Truly weird and wrong.
If that's the way they do it then, by my book... it's even beyond arcade, it's utter :poop:.
But I hope I'm wrong. Somehow. Or, like I said... it's patch-able. But to be honest...
I'm kinda pessimistic about it. :unsure:

edit:
Yup... it's all over the game.
Again at 8:20 the very same thing. Truly a sh*tty job at making a realistic game. Not simulation but at least at something that makes you believe you really drive the damn car. You and not 704Games.
:thumbsdown:
I really can't digest this... taking away control from you even when you didn't crossed the line for the last time. I believe I didn't see that in any games before. Feel free to correct me if you did.
Total nonsense.
Those timestamps you posted are at the ends of the stages. In real NASCAR, when the top 10 drivers have crossed the line at the end of each stage, the caution is thrown. So what you're seeing in the game at those two timestamps is the game throwing a caution because the 10th place driver has crossed the line to end the stage. So it is actually realistic.

Those timestamps you posted are at the ends of the stages. In real NASCAR, when the top 10 drivers have crossed the line at the end of each stage, the caution is thrown. So what you're seeing in the game at those two timestamps is the game throwing a caution because the 10th place driver has crossed the line to end the stage. So it is actually realistic.
Ah, ok then. Thank you for explanation. Sorry 704 ...for the rant. :x3:

When you map your controls for a wheel and shifter erase all the other ones,the wheel will not act right unless you do.
I've seen several fixes for it, like limiting to 60 fps and clicking some options, but the menus only had the Xbox prompts even with a keyboard so I didn't see every pane and must have missed some stuff. I wouldn't have played it much anyway because of the terrible FOV and camera options, so I got a refund.

ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!

For those of you (and i) who were/was eagerly awaiting the arrival of A.I. for iRacing, i hate to report some very BAD NEWS...

I was considering re-joining and updating my membership but through my initial investigations, i came across some articles which stated that iRacing 'was' going to have A.I. added for either training or essentially a single player element to the product...
So, as i could find no further information in relation to the subject; nor any mention on forums by members, i simply decided to email their support to find out any details.

My question was simple: I merely asked if this 'rumour' had any credibility...And, even here on Racedepartment there was an article stating categorically that A.I. was going to be a feature, so given this information i had to hear it from the horses mouth as it were...
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/iracing-to-introduce-single-player-ai-in-2018.145952/

I received the email back from support. They stated that; 'there is no immediate or future plans to add this feature to iRacing' - (So there you have it).
There wasn't even an explanation why nor any requests for details i had as to where i'd read this information!

Unfortunately, my enquiries were made through my mobile and since then (about a month ago), i have deleted all unwanted emails from my device, which means i can't 'show' you the email response.
However, if you are not willing to take my truthful word on this then i suggest you contact iRacing support and see the response for yourself; And please post here to confirm my initial response.

Personally, i am very surprised that no details have been released by iRacing; Why on earth would they release false information especially to reputable and trusted sources, such as here at Racedepartment?

Thoughts anyone...?

P.S. Mr. Paul Jeffrey; If you see this information i'd like to see your opinions on this subject. ;) THX

I actually like it. It is greatly improved from previous titles. There are FFB problems that need sorting out. Setting the vsync to every other frame solves it, but then your capped at 60 fps. Still a very enjoyable Nascar "game".

And what's actual connection of that with NASCAR HEAT 4, once again ? :O_o:
Obviously, there is no connection between iRacing and NH4 other than both are/have Nascar related content.
In a previous post A.I. content for iRacing was discussed; given the statement I received from support, I just decided to share with the community...

Maybe I should've made a thread of its own...

Hello :)

I played against the ai in iracing back at the 2018 expo. Leave it with me, I'll get in touch with them and find out. Once sorted, I'll post an article.

Cheers for the info, interesting news for sure...

Absolutely 100% truth Paul...I wish I'd kept the email now *tut*...

I assure you that the response I received was exactly what I have typed in my post.
EDIT

I have just decided to contact customer support in relation to the email response/information I'd received.
I will obviously have to wait until I receive the reply, but once I do, I will post the complete email complete with screenshot.
I will of course redact any personal information.

Last edited:
Hello :)

I played against the ai in iracing back at the 2018 expo. Leave it with me, I'll get in touch with them and find out. Once sorted, I'll post an article.

Cheers for the info, interesting news for sure...

So, just offering up the counterpoint...iRacing is big enough where they have some layers/silos to the organization. I find it entirely credible that product/development could be busily beavering away at implementing AI and a given customer support rep could be either completely unaware OR has received (very prudent) training not to promise (or even mention) features "in the pipeline". Long story longer, I would take any commentary on future features (or lack thereof) from customer support with a grain of salt.

This was with a much larger, publicly traded software company, but just an anecdote. The company I work for already does business with this software company but we were attending a training/demo. We were going to be seeing "under development" features in the session and we had to sit through some legalese that we were NOT to base any purchase decisions on yet-to-be-released features. Presumably the risk being if a given feature never sees the light of day (or gets released looking differently from the demo), someone might sue.

If I were iRacing management, I could see making a part of customer support training teaching the reps to not comment on any features in development to be safe.

Just my 2 cents.

I assure you that the response I received was exactly what I have typed in my post.

Hiya,

Apologies if my post was taken as sarcastic - wasn't the intention - I was posting from my phone while out with the family..

Absolutely don't doubt the response from the devs, I was just thinking that's interesting news and worthy of a deeper dig around to see if things have changed with the developers (especially considering they have indeed gone very quiet on the AI subject lately). Well worth having a look around see what I can find :)

Will report back soon as I can..

P

So, just offering up the counterpoint...iRacing is big enough where they have some layers/silos to the organization. I find it entirely credible that product/development could be busily beavering away at implementing AI and a given customer support rep could be either completely unaware OR has received (very prudent) training not to promise (or even mention) features "in the pipeline". Long story longer, I would take any commentary on future features (or lack thereof) from customer support with a grain of salt.

This was with a much larger, publicly traded software company, but just an anecdote. The company I work for already does business with this software company but we were attending a training/demo. We were going to be seeing "under development" features in the session and we had to sit through some legalese that we were NOT to base any purchase decisions on yet-to-be-released features. Presumably the risk being if a given feature never sees the light of day (or gets released looking differently from the demo), someone might sue.

If I were iRacing management, I could see making a part of customer support training teaching the reps to not comment on any features in development to be safe.

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. It is entirely possible that support may not have the development knowledge of the project, absolutely.

However, given the information and official statement presented in Mr. Paul Jeffreys article (link provided), it's fairly safe to say that the A.I. Implementation will occur, given increasing competition from other developers.

Again, I am just a random member of the public in the sim community whom decided to ask for the facts; the contradictory response email I received creates more questions than one simple answer.

Anyway, updates will follow when I receive a response.

I have found a problem when the game lags it is like the car digging into the track. I have a solid 90 fps with a rtx 2070 card, if you cut v sync off your car will be like it is under the track all the way around

Seems fairly fun. Make sure you do not turn off vsync as motion blur gets all kinds of funky as shown in the video review.

I am playing it on single screen in hood view with steam controller motion steering and it is fairly fun. Definitely not a sim but it strikes a decent balance of sim and arcade IMO. Career mode seems pretty good thus far. It does have some odd issues with vsync like I mentioned and it is obviously geared for console use with how the UI works and stuff.

Right now it is a decent time waster on my upstairs machine. If they ever give us real triple support and adjustable FOV then I would entertain using it on the rig. But for now I am happy with it sitting back on my chair and doing some laps going through the career.

They seem to be heading in the right direction with this it is just a shame it is stuck to the new release every year model.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%