Does he really need 52 minutes to summarise this game ? :D
I wonder how long are his reviews of rFactor2, Automobilista and Asseto Corsa. :)

Joking aside I really can't stand that way too big FOV, wish they add an option to change it as a slider, as they done it with AI. Sliders rock. I just hope they'll realize that one day. Maybe next y.... decade.

Only valid question is... is there finally improved graphics in console-versions? Sad thing is that 1-3 has so bad graphics that you can't play them. Fps, tracks, track's surface, track surroundings etc, so bad that you everytime wanted to puke when you tried previous versions.

I say it again, would be super if there would be decent arcadish Nascar for consoles too, which you could just fine play with pad but also with wheel if you'd want to. Is NH4 that now?

Strayed away from the heat games despite being a big NASCAR fan. Definitely for people who don't want a sim experience and have consoles.

Still can't believe they have an esports league using this game

As usual, utterly crap.
I'll stick with my NR2003.
thompson1.png

Amazingly enough... STEAM reviews are mostly positive ! :D
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127980/NASCAR_Heat_4/
And I know what will you say...
ah it's just a Steam, arcade prone kids etc... but on the other hand...:geek: RD is, let's face it, full of reeeally hardcore simmers who always looking Grand Prix Legends in every new racing game released. So...
guess the real truth is somewhere in between....
Sometimes you need a little bit of arcade in your hardcore life. :D

I really hope this is some kind of glitch or something... something that can be corrected in patch.
AT 3:50 the end of the race, he's dead last and still have to finish about quarter of the lap but the race is declared finished :confused: and control over car, seems, is taken away from him in process... Even if he had still 1/4 of the lap to finish !?! wt&f :O_o::mad::sick:
Weird. Truly weird and wrong.
If that's the way they do it then, by my book... it's even beyond arcade, it's utter :poop:.
But I hope I'm wrong. Somehow. Or, like I said... it's patch-able. But to be honest...
I'm kinda pessimistic about it. :unsure:

edit:
Yup... it's all over the game.
Again at 8:20 the very same thing. Truly a sh*tty job at making a realistic game. Not simulation but at least at something that makes you believe you really drive the damn car. You and not 704Games.
:thumbsdown:
I really can't digest this... taking away control from you even when you didn't crossed the line for the last time. I believe I didn't see that in any games before. Feel free to correct me if you did.
Total nonsense.

Last edited:
Amazingly enough... STEAM reviews are mostly positive ! :D
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127980/NASCAR_Heat_4/
And I know what will you say...
ah it's just a Steam, arcade prone kids etc... but on the other hand...:geek: RD is, let's face it, full of reeeally hardcore simmers who always looking Grand Prix Legends in every new racing game released. So...
guess the real truth is somewhere in between....
Sometimes you need a little bit of arcade in your hardcore life. :D

77% positive.
First time ever for a Heat game on Steam.
There is a dedicated player base - small - on Steam that has been supporting the game since Evolution.
I’ve tried to like it, even gave 3 a positive rating at one point.

Steam is not known for its positive ratings of games, so it is saying something.

I purchased the very first one years ago, and while it was ok I kept thinking if 'iRacing' had AI this would be the definitive Nascar Sim with it's laser scanned tracks etc....when is the AI showing up?...who knows.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%