Pretty remarkable they are still making this series considering how poorly it's been received. I am assuming that NASCAR license sells enough copies to keep it going another year.

Too bad, stock car racing is actually kind of cool and NASCAR fans are some of the most enthusiastic and engaged fans you'll find - it would be nice if they had a decent game to play.

That AI truck not spinning out or losing control after being plowed into by the player has me a little worried. One of my biggest complaints from all the past Heat games has been that the AI cars are too planted to the track. A light tap should be all it takes to spin a stock car out on corner entry

As a hardcore Sim Racer, I don't understand the fun in turning left for an hour straight while maintaining the same speed.... boring.... my brake pedal feels abandoned and lonely. Kill that game, it will be DOA... The real life NASCAR series is in massive decline over the last few years (sponsors, attendance, etc...).

As a hardcore Sim Racer, I don't understand the fun in turning left for an hour straight while maintaining the same speed.... boring.... my brake pedal feels abandoned and lonely. Kill that game, it will be DOA... The real life NASCAR series is in massive decline over the last few years (sponsors, attendance, etc...).

There are different types of ovals.
Super speedways, which can be about maintaining the same speed and strategy, but the short ovals pose a very different kind of racing. Just see this as the modern equivalent of the Roman horse circus racing.

Although love road track racing, I do find a special charm in ovals, both asphalt and dirt.

Not defending NASCAR Heat though.

IMO the Unity based NASCAR HEAT Evolution, 2 and 3 are disappointing.
Apart from some graphics tweaks I am not at all convinced that 4 will be different.

Certainly not buying on release, will be following the critical reviews.

I thought the same about ovals. Really.
Then I started racing on iRacing (sorry for the pun), and wow. It's different type of racing, you have to stay calm and focused for the whole race with 2 guys just few centimetres ahead, one guy on your side and maybe other 2 guys behind

Someone should just send a copy of NASCAR Racing 2003 by Papyrus to the makers of this game and tell them: "This is how you do it, guys. Update the graphic engine, the tracks, the cars, etc., but keep the concept."

That’s been said a lot, but you have to understand the guys behind this game have their own heritage.

Monster Games is the outfit behind the original NASCAR Heat, NASCAR Heat 2 and NASCAR Dirt to Daytona. They do not make race sims like Papyrus. Their target audience will play this on a console with a controller. It is difficult to please both casual gamers and simmers with the same game. It is not impossible though.

If you think brakes aren't used in NASCAR, then you don't know anything about oval racing.

It seems the last one was fun, although not a sim, but there was a very bad wheel support. I hope it will be solved this time... I still can't understand how some developpers dare to release racing games, sim or arcade, without proper wheel support...

704Games have made available the latest release in their ongoing NASCAR Heat series of console and PC racing games.

Representing the 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Series and associated support categories the likes of the Xfinity Series, Camping World Trucks and the popular Xtreme Dirt Tour fantasy loose surface category, NASCAR Heat 4 is available now.

Developers 704Games claim the new title is a step up in quality across the board for the new release, with much work having gone into improving the way the cars behave on circuit and via the wheel force feedback - plus substantial improvements having taken place with the previous lacklustre audio from the game, creating what 704 hope is a richer, more immersive audio experience.

Featuring 38 tracks, all the teams, drivers and manufacturers from the 2019 season, and three previous releases from which the studio used to learn and improve - Heat 4 looks like it could well be a title that stands a fair chance on delivering on the as yet unfulfilled promise of this exciting series licence.

NASCAR Heat 4 Released.jpg

NASCAR Heat 4 is available now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

The RaceDepartment NASCAR Heat 4 sub forum is the place to be for news and discussion regarding the new title - head over and say hello!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%