I have it for PC and using a wheel. I would recommend it, yes. It is a lot of fun if you really like NASCAR. I don't enjoy the dirt series, nor think it looks that good, but the Truck series, XFINITY and CUP are awesome. Running a season is fun. It is great for offline and it would be great for online, but unfortunately there is rarely online pc races to join that are short enough for me to have time to race. There are still things that could be improved, but that is with any game and I have most of the racing games available, short of dirt rally and I even have some of those. I have quietly been around for many many years sim racing.

cool, thanks for recommendations

I'm not crazy about Nascar, but I haven't really tried any Nascar game since Papyrus days, so ti might be fun to try one
I don't have much time to fully commit to MP, so SP is fine for me

The latest DLC offering for NASCAR Heat 4 is now available - and the pricing strategy feels pretty ridiculous...

NASCAR Heat 4 is fundamentally a pretty solid racing game, certainly a step up in many aspects over the original games in the franchise, and something that NASCAR fans can now rightfully be proud of representing the sport they love.

For race fans such as myself, who have a solid interest in the sport of NASCAR but not enough passion or knowledge to be looking for an all out simulation experience, Heat 4 offers a perfect combination of accessibility mixed with realism and most importantly of all - plenty of content to race and enjoy.

Now frankly I think the title is somewhat overpriced at present, with a tag of nearly £55 quite a healthy chuck of change for the base game and DLC season pass. Should players want just the standalone game on PC, and pick up the DLC as and when released, then around £33 will get you onto the virtual oval circuits.

NASCAR Heat 4 November DLC Released 2.jpg

But that DLC pricing...

Let us take the newly released November DLC as a perfect example. It comes in at a rather high £10.30 on Steam in my region (UK), which is a lot.. but what do you get for your money? New cars, new tracks? New game modes? No - you get liveries. Yes, over ten quid on some liveries for a series that already has cars with liveries... so it basically adds nothing to the overall experience, and doesn't give the player anything new or substantial to do once they part with their hard earned cash. That feels... wrong.

Now I'm a firm believer that each to their own, and if you have the money to spend, and want the liveries within the game, then fair play to you and that is absolutely fine. Value is only what you get from it. Some folks don't like paying around £4 for a track in RaceRoom, whereas I feel it value for money - we are each different, and that's what makes the world an interesting and occasionally wonderful place to live.

NASCAR Heat 4 November DLC Released 3.jpg

But £10 for a bunch of alternative liveries, seriously? I've been aware of these DLC packs for a while now, dating back to earlier NASCAR Heat games, but I've never really paid much attention to them, never really considered exactly what they contain, and how much money they cost. Today I did, and I'm pretty surprised that people find this level of cost, for this kind of content, acceptable.

Anyway, as said before, as a consumer one has the opportunity to look what is on offer, decide if the price is acceptable to them and purchase if they so desire. If that is you, and you buy the new DLC, good for you - I hope you find it enjoyable and worth the money. No doubt, NASCAR has some of the best livery designs in motorsport throughout the field, so plenty of variety on offer and probably something for everyone - it just feels a little bit like the good fans of NASCAR are having to shell out way more than is reasonable in order to feed their passion...

Rant aside, please find below the contents of the NASCAR Heat 4 'November DLC' pack - available now:

NASCAR Heat 4 November DLC Released 4.jpg

Buy the NASCAR Heat 4 November DLC content and get 35+ new paint schemes from the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, 10+ new paint schemes from the NASCAR Xfinity Series, and 3 new Challenges! Paint schemes to include many of your favorite designs, including:

MENCS:
Jimmie Johnson, Ally Patriotic Scheme
Kyle Larson, Clover Scheme
Matt DiBenedetto, Barstool Sports Scheme
Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., NOS Energy Scheme

NXS:
Brandon Jones, JD Gibbs Legacy Scheme
Cole Custer, Haas Automation Scheme
Ross Chastain, Contec Scheme

NASCAR Heat 4 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

NASCAR Heat 4 November DLC Released 5.jpg

Only the biggest fans would buy it and considering it that you get around 45 liveries, which can worth it if you want a bit more variety. I don't have problem companies selling liveries for existing models you got with the game, especially if they include a ton of them in a pack. I wouldn't buy it because I'm not a big nascar fan, but maybe somebody will. They even have custom liveries allowed, although they are a bit limited.

Only the biggest fans would buy it and considering it that you get around 45 liveries, which can worth it if you want a bit more variety. I don't have problem companies selling liveries for existing models you got with the game, especially if they include a ton of them in a pack. I wouldn't buy it because I'm not a big nascar fan, but maybe somebody will. They even have custom liveries allowed, although they are a bit limited.
Well I dont think they get these for free if want to release officially, some companies may be fine with it, but driver names and the work from original author of the skin, who knows what kind of money need to be paid. I have no idea.
Now what they should do is add the price of these (if there is any costs) to the base game at release and then call it "free DLC" later, ppl dont mind to pay for stuff if u make them believe they are getting it for free later :redface:

In theory, yes, you may be able to adjust the camera Field of View by editing a particular DLL file along with many other things, however this opens things up to cheats.

I was never able to accomplish a new camera angle for any of the NASCAR Heat titles in my efforts over the last 4 years.

We're better off pushing 704 Games to add an adjustable camera FOV to the game, like nearly (if not EVERY) other modern title has.

The cockpit view sits way too far back to be useful with triple screens, so roof riding is the only decent angle in all of these games.

I would like to inform everyone on pc side when the new skins come out they are downloaded to your pc, just not usable. All you have to do is go into car appearance folder find the new car you want to use and change the skin out with one you already can use in game. I say this because i hate games that nickel and dime you. I have posted some skins in the nascar heat 2 download section, because there is no NH4 download section.

Well, Codemasters let us pay for the same content over and over again. They just leaked Paris, which was base game content in Grid 2/Autosport, to be part of the season 1 DLC. With this DLC you get at least something new...

Even in threads about other games, Codemasters get the bash.... Jeez, it´s getting tiresome.

@Paul Jeffrey I am a bit surprised by the headline. Usually, you refrain from passing judgments in the headline. Then, once I read the accompanying rationale, I got your point but still, it is a bit uncharacteristic.

Yes pretty unlike me tbh, but I was just gobsmacked by the offer and felt it was a bit... dubious to ask that kinda money for the content offered. Also, I wanted to provoke a debate with the community to understand if this level of cost/ content for something aesthetic like liveries is generally considered acceptable.. I thought 'NH4 November Liveries DLC Released' might not attract much interest as a title!

P

Yes pretty unlike me tbh, but I was just gobsmacked by the offer and felt it was a bit... dubious to ask that kinda money for the content offered. Also, I wanted to provoke a debate with the community to understand if this level of cost/ content for something aesthetic like liveries is generally considered acceptable.. I thought 'NH4 November Liveries DLC Released' might not attract much interest as a title!

P
It worked! :roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%