NASCAR is a lot more fun to play than watch on TV. I've spent countless hours on NR 2003, back in the days. I wish there was a good NASCAR game, but from what I've heard and read, all three NH were not exactly satisfactory. Frankly, I'm surprised that the same company gets to release NH4. Were sales really that good? Do they have a long term deal with NASCAR? Anyway, I'll wait for the reviews, but I'm not optimistic.

There is a decent nascar mod for rFactor 2 now.

Not perfect, but certainly playable.

With all grandstands holding a total of 19,000 people, and they weren't all nearly %100 full.
Read what Robin Miller wrote today on indycar attendance, its dire.

I wonder what's the average age of the spectators at NASCAR and Indycar event? I get the feeling it's a lot older than the organizers would like it to be. Kids who are looking for thrills are a lot more into "extreme sports" like skateboarding, etc.

Whats always baffled me is that NASCAR have an esports league using this game. I'm still racing nr2003, have been for years.

And also when iRacing has been main sponsor in some(was it trucks or xfinity, can't remember) races and is all the time smaller sponsor for series/some teams, it's really strange that this kind of crap has official rights.

And also when iRacing has been main sponsor in some(was it trucks or xfinity, can't remember) races and is all the time smaller sponsor for series/some teams, it's really strange that this kind of crap has official rights.
I think one of the issues is the console market. With the next gen maybe sims can run there without issues now, who knows. Devs should definitely take a look and check how to make their products multiplatform without simplyfing their physics.

I thought I might as well just repeat what I said about the announcement of NASCAR Heat 3... :rolleyes::) Fingers are still crossed!

Oh yeah, I feel you. Same here.

395464d1459142949t-10-3-3-future-fingers-crossed-christmas-2016-timetable-65763433.jpg

:sneaky:

Games can be used as a form of promotion so you dont need 10.0 ratings to make them ;)
But then as I said, lack of interest from the series. Indycar is horrible at promoting itself.

You're absolutely right. Their laughable Canadian TV deal is a good example of that. I always get the feeling that the owners of Indycar don't really care about getting more popular. It's as if they were happy with abysmal TV ratings and 20,000 spectators in the stand.

You and Robin are full of it, I was there both days...troll on boy.

You telling a well respected and highly regarded journalist such as Robin that he's full of it is laughable.
And any 'ok' crowd had a ton to do with other series being there such as Weathertech and others.

indycar on its own shows they can't support themselves by one look into the stands.
Thats just a fact of todays indycar.

I did get Nascar Heat 2 for the PC just to see what it provided for game play, and coming from a NR2003 game, I am not impressed at all with the way they did the game play with the start the races, caution Pitting, etc. Sure they have all the pretty graphics of the cars/tracks, etc, but until they get the game play more realistic like NR2003, I am holding off on this game also. Codemasters just does not want to get into doing VR with either Nascar Heat 4 and F1-2019. So for now, I will just watch the youtube reviews when the game releases.

I had the 1st heat, dropped it after 2 races, the rubber band AI was too much for me to enjoy.
Got the 3rd game, enjoyed it quite a bit. People classify the game as "terrible" and i honestly don't understand why. I did Career mode and took my team from dirt to cup, so I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's not supposed to be a sim, i guess these days a game is a sim or is "terrible".

I don't know 704 from anything other from this series, so i'm guessing they will be developing not only the game but themselves as well. Each game has been an impovement over the previous (or at least the 3rd was a massive improvement over the 1st), so i'll see where it goes. I expect this game to improve in something. Either sound or career mode depth or customization, or features (I don't really care about graphics).

I am not able to really follow the season so the games are a good way for me to keep in touch with what drivers are in what teams, and stuff like that, and again, in Heat 3 I enjoyed the gameplay, and as it's a game we are talking about, that is enough for me.

I had the 1st heat, dropped it after 2 races, the rubber band AI was too much for me to enjoy.
Got the 3rd game, enjoyed it quite a bit. People classify the game as "terrible" and i honestly don't understand why. I did Career mode and took my team from dirt to cup, so I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's not supposed to be a sim, i guess these days a game is a sim or is "terrible".

I don't know 704 from anything other from this series, so i'm guessing they will be developing not only the game but themselves as well. Each game has been an impovement over the previous (or at least the 3rd was a massive improvement over the 1st), so i'll see where it goes. I expect this game to improve in something. Either sound or career mode depth or customization, or features (I don't really care about graphics).

I am not able to really follow the season so the games are a good way for me to keep in touch with what drivers are in what teams, and stuff like that, and again, in Heat 3 I enjoyed the gameplay, and as it's a game we are talking about, that is enough for me.

This is the heritage of NASCAR HEAT.

Dirt to Daytona
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR:_Dirt_to_Daytona

704 holds the rights as publisher, Monster is their current developer.

NASCAR Heat 4   .jpg

Check out the latest previews from the upcoming NASCAR Heat 4.

704Games have revealed the drivers set to be included in the base version of NASCAR Heat 4, the upcoming officially licenced Monster Energy NASCAR series videogame due to release later this year.

As well as the drivers set to be included from the three official tiers of NASCAR competition, recent weeks have seen the American studio drop a number of preview videos from the new game - showing what look to be much improved visuals and audio within the new title.

NASCAR Heat 4   2.jpg

As well as the three official series, an expanded dirt category once again appears within the game, adding some loose surface racing as a career starting point for budding virtual NASCAR drivers. Oh, and they look pretty cool too...

As well as the above preview from Eldora, 704Games have also shared a brief teaser from the main series in action at the Martinsville night race, again showing a much improved visual experience over last year's Heat 3:

With some new screenshots, new videos and bits of fresh information slowly sneaking out into the public domain, these are the various drivers that will come in the base version of the title:

Nascar Heat 4 Trucks Roster Reveal.jpg
Nascar Heat 4 Xfinity Series Roster.jpg
NASCAR Heat 4 Nascar Roster .png

So, are we excited?

NASCAR Heat 4 will release on PC and console September 2019.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment for the upcoming NASCAR Heat 4 sub forum in the next few days - the place to be for news and discussion regarding the new title.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back