NASCAR Heat Evolution, NASCAR Heat 2 and NASCAR Heat 3 are basically the same game - as most franchise games are based on multiple iterations of the same core game until they upgrade to the next level of their core game, or completely replace it with a new engine - unfortunately it is not that great an engine and in terms of settings console oriented.

So new season + new sounds + vaguely modified physics (again) are to me hardly promising signals. Sure they’ll tweak the GUI a bit, add a new play list, give us the new roster at the start of the season, the other divisions (what about the dirt races?). But again v4 brings no graphics update, or at least PC worthy graphics options. That’s a show stopper for me. If I get the urge to play a NASCAR simcade I’ll play Heat 3 (or a track on one of the better simcades) but I’ll wait for a (deep) sale before getting anywhere near Heat 4 if at all...

The first three games (at release price) is the best they get out of me for this engine and that’s being generous.

Too be honest I am still being too nice.

I'll stick to me heavily modded NR2003 thanks.
965132_658748857531656_1725168312353437162_o.jpg
warwagon.jpg
LateModel 2015-01-29 12-15-19-20.png

Honestly, since Nascar Heat 1 I want/hope a good Nascar game, and so far, mega disappoint. but hope never dies...I will keep trying.. Here we go....again...

The series isn't anywhere near being popular enough to yield one, I wouldn't hold my breath.
There's a reason why there hasn't been an official one in 15 years.
IMO it's more lack of interest from the series than any other reason. I mean I doubt they are like F1 and own everything. That means if you license the Indycar brand you'll have to go track by track, driver by driver, sponsor by sponsor to license them, if ICS would assist with this and try to lower licensing costs I doubt all of the current sim devs would refuse making their game. Only isimotor and iR would have stuff like FCY and wave arounds out of the box tho

Last edited:
IMO it's more lack of interest from the series than any other reason. I mean I doubt they are like F1 and own everything. That means if you license the Indycar brand you'll have to go track by track, driver by driver, sponsor by sponsor to license them, if ICS would assist with this and try to lower licensing costs I doubt all of the current sim devs would refuse making their game. Only isimotor and iR would have stuff like FCY and wave arounds out of the box tho

Its hard for there to be interest within the series when they know full well about 0.2 tv ratings and 25,000 showing up for their races, therefor there's zero interest in just throwing money away on an indycar title.

Its never going to happen and hasn't in some 15 years.

Its hard for there to be interest within the series when they know full well about 0.2 tv ratings and 25,000 showing up for their races, therefor there's zero interest in just throwing money away on an indycar title.

Its never going to happen and hasn't in some 15 years.
Games can be used as a form of promotion so you dont need 10.0 ratings to make them ;)
But then as I said, lack of interest from the series. Indycar is horrible at promoting itself.

Games can be used as a form of promotion so you dont need 10.0 ratings to make them ;)
But then as I said, lack of interest from the series. Indycar is horrible at promoting itself.

The promotion does zero when you're shouting into a vacuum. The lack of promotion excuse has been done repeatedly. They've done and tried everything from new series sponsors and new TV partners only to name a couple.

The racing world don't care about the spec club series.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%