This is the most important question for me for this game but also for the other upcoming BTCC, NASCAR and Le Mans titles: are dedicated servers supported for PC communities?

I am mostly an online player and I have patiently waited 10 years for dedicated server support for the Codemasters F1 series and it never came. Seeing there is some spill over coming from Codemasters to Motorsport Games I hope this trend of peer to peer hosting will not continue for the sake of the great PC community. I understand it for consoles but PC really needs proper dedicated server support.

Last edited:
Nah, but the trend in gaming seems to be less and less dedicated servers overall, does it not? One could hope for rF2 netcode and dedi-servers though. There is still no game I feel so safe in rubbing and bump-drafting as in rF2.

Just watched the latest dev diary the team have done and Nascar 21 isnt running on the rF2 engine like everyone thought it would. Its actually running on the Unreal Engine

I had pre-ordered it on Steam and played it for 45min more or less. It has masses of bugs and you can not even use the buttons on your steering wheel, which means driver camera, look right and left and back and also the menu control is all via the keyboard.
You can't drive yourself out of the pits either, but you find yourself driving on the track right away, which might not be so bad if my car hadn't had damage almost every time.
That's why it only took me 45min to give up on this game and request a refund on Steam. My conclusion is that it is unfortunately the worst racing game of the last few years at this point, they don't get a handle on that so quickly!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%