NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2

Other NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2 v4.67

Login or Register an account to download this content
John B. Ellis updated NAMeS: Real Drivers for AMS2 with a new update entry:

Updated GT5 file with named-matched drivers

NAMeS v2.6 includes a revised GT5 file with 2021 Ginetta GT5 Challenge drivers matched to their Reiza counterparts (e.g., Mette Knudsen = Magnus Kriklywi).

The revised GT5 file also includes a revised selection of Puma P052 drivers, the most notable addition being Gabriel Ferreira Maia, who is currently the Puma Automóveis factory driver. When possible, actual Puma race drivers were matched to Reiza defaults. The various P052 community skins are now driven by various Brazilians who have...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, I'm using one of the listed F1 2022 skinpacks for the Ultimate Gen 2, but for some reason when I use it the names are reverted to the original ones. There's no custom AI inside the skinpack. If I delete the skins then the correct names appear

EDIT: solved, needed to change the team names in the AI xml to match the ones in the livery xml

Last edited:

Four files updated: Old Stock, LancerCup, Montana & CopaClassic B

NAMeS v2.8 includes 4 updated files:

1) Old Stock: New file features 2022 Old Stock Race Pro Division drivers.

2) Lancer Cup: Fixed a livery typo.

3) Montana: Reiza had previously modifed their list of Montana drivers. This new AI file matches the updated livery names, and includes any Portuguese diacritics.

4) CopaClassicB: Reiza had previously removed a few drivers due to their 40-car per class limit. This new file has any redundant entries removed.

Substantial Update

NAMeS v2.9 includes numerous revisions to most of its custom-AI files due to updated information provided by Coanda at Reiza. Many series in AMS2 that had lacked NAMeS scores in the past now have them, as multiple rosters have been updated to accurately translate Reiza fictional drivers directly into their real-world counterparts. As a result, AMS2 users can expect to encounter many different names in various events.

NAMeS v3.0 (under development) will include AI attributes in some...

Naming-matching optimization for all files

v3.0 of NAMeS provides a comprehensive assessment of all files to appropriately name-match as many drivers a possible to Reiza defaults. NAMeS scores have been updated and any exceptions to this practice are clearly stated in the "Overview" section.

Files were also edited to group chassis and cars together within series to match the order of livery IDs. This should help out anyone who uses these files as a base for their own custom AI-files. Thank you to Romeo Foxtrot at the Reiza...

Two errors fixed: one small, one [almost] unforgivable!

v3.1 contains two revised NAMeS files:

1) TC60S2: the 60's touring car file (Pt.2) has updated John Love's nationality from Rhodesia to Zimbabwe, as the 3-letter ISO code for Rhodesia is not recognized by AMS2.

2) F-Classic_Gen1: When I was reordering the F-Classic Gen1 names to group them by chassis, I mistakenly put Ayrton Senna in the wrong Lotus. How dare I....

Thank you for your work @John B. Ellis, very much appreciated! I stumbled upon an error in the F-Retro_Gen3. Jarier and Boesel are assigned to the Brabham instead of Piquet and Patrese who in return are driving for "Scuderia Milano". Could you please fix this for the next version?

Thank you for your work @John B. Ellis, very much appreciated! I stumbled upon an error in the F-Retro_Gen3. Jarier and Boesel are assigned to the Brabham instead of Piquet and Patrese who in return are driving for "Scuderia Milano". Could you please fix this for the next version?
Thank you so much for the feedback; there were bound to be more errors than I would like after rearranging so many rosters to match up with the reshuffled 1.4.5.2 livery IDs. Still, out of 1,931 entries....

I've posted a revised F-Retro_Gen 3 file.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the feedback; there were bound to be more errors than I would like after rearranging so many rosters to match up with the reshuffled 1.4.5.2 livery IDs. Still, out of 1,931 entries....

I've posted a revised F-Retro_Gen 3 file.
Wow, that was quick!
No worries, considering the amount of entries, these are only small mistakes. Good job on that. If I find anything else, I'll let you know.

Updated files for Copa Classic B, Copa Classic FL, Fusca, & Hot Cars

NAMeS v.3.3 includes 4 updated files:

1) CopaClassicB
2) Copa ClassicFL
3) Copa Fusca
4) Hot Cars

Driver rosters for all of the above series have been entirely revised after discovering https://racemotor.com.br/ and rediscovering additional historical information at https://www.driverdb.com/. To be fair, I would still give these lists a very low NAMeS score (i.e., some names do match up), but the three Copa catagories now feature contemporary drivers from Gold Classic...

Thank you for the hard work! I mike also your overview to the history carsets.
In the history livery set can you link the f1 1988 carset for F-Classic Gen 2?

The F1 1989 has it place now at gen-3 and f1 1991 at gen-4.

Thx
Thanks so much for the feedback; I've added the '88 to the No-NAMeS list (plus a few others), but the only '89 set I see is the one for Gen2 cars. Do you have a link to the '89 Gen3 set?

NAMeS v3.4 provides further improvements to the v3.3 files

NAMeS 3.4 includes further revisions to CopaClassicB, CopaClassicFL, Copa Fusca & HotCars.

CopaClassicB: Now has a full array of real Chevette driver, as they were still going strong in 2018!

CopaClassicFL: Fixed a typo

CopaFusca: After some rerranging, this file now has a NAMeS score of 19/26 (mostly due to 6 community skins that needed real drivers).

HotCars: After locating a couple of interesting Brazilian motorsports blogs, this file now has a NAMeS score of (at least) 16/22...

Final revisions to both F-Vintage and F-Retro (Gen 1 & 2) files

NAMeS v3.5 includes a few minor--and final--revisions to F-Vintage Gen1 & Gen 2 and F-Retro Gen 1 & Gen 2. The remaining journeymen who contested a single grand prix have been shown the door in favor of drivers who raced more frequently. I tried my best to match these drivers to livereries that are reminiscent of the historical record. An arguably silly and pointless endeavor on my part given the quality Vintage mods out there ... but I had put way too much time in GPL back in the day to...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing