NAGT 1.6 released

Love it or hate it, there is a new installment of the NAGT mod out with two new cars: the Mazda RX-8 and the Dodge Challenger. The mod team elected not to change the odd autoblip/autolift behavior that has led to many an uninstall, but if you can learn your way past that, there are quite a few good points to the mod. My initial impression is that the RX-8 is too fast, but I have only run a few laps so far.

This is a good mod. Better physics then some out there. As for the auto blip it was a problem right from the start when I got rFactor 5 years ago. With auto clutch and auto lift it's like doing a burnout on every gear shift.
Try disabling both. I did with auto blip 5 years ago not long after I got rFactor. With auto blip disabled the auto lift works fine so I'd leave that one but disable auto blip.

Find these lines in you plr file. There near the top.
[ DRIVING AIDS ]
Auto Lift="1" // Whether to automatically lift with manual shifting but auto-clutch (non-semiautomatic trans only)
Auto Blip="1" // Whether to automatically blip with manual shifting but auto-clutch (non-semiautomatic trans only)
Change 1 to 0.

I enjoy NAGT quite a bit myself :)

I am not quite following you on the auto blip thing. The default rFactor behavior was changed in release 1250, and disabling auto blip in the .plr file just turns off auto blip. I was referring to the mod using both an auto clutch time that is too long and an auto blip that is too weak, resulting in the burnout you describe on upshifts as well as rear wheel lock on downshifts. Personally I just cut/blip manually so it is not an issue for me.

Oh ok. This isn't something the mod team was aware of. Hadn't got feedback that pointed to this as being a problem so it makes it a bit hard to fix something your not aware of. I drive it and know a great many that do so it came as a bit of a surprise to see it in a release note. The team would like it if you could come over and let them know some more details so it can be looked at properly.

Feedback is always welcome. http://www.thepits.us/board/index.php

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years