Nürburgring Nordschleife announced for Assetto Corsa

1534803_10151832730261659_277819873_o.jpg

Nürburgring Nordschleife announced: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...cement-on-24th-dec.79549/page-11#post-1603263

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha so now we have opinions about peoples analogies of what makes a relevant opinion?

Whatever next?! An announcement about an announcement?!?!?! :roflmao:

No, just didn't see how this actually made any relevance to the debate, didn't read any more of the post after this, i know my post doesn't add anything either, or yours, just think it's weird to say intelligence is down to what band you like and it's relevant to an opinion!!! Anyway, let's move on... :)

No, just didn't see how this actually made any relevance to the debate, didn't read any more of the post after this, i know my post doesn't add anything either, or yours, just think it's weird to say intelligence is down to what band you like and it's relevant to an opinion!!! Anyway, let's move on... :)

I totally respect your opinion about my opinion of your opinion of his opinion.

I'm about 4 hours drive from Road America and being this far north and east means having a compressed racing season with limited schedules. None the less, road racing is my passion where motorsports are concerned but, I also like Rally and Off-Road racing. Most people I know are all about NASCAR and a few love drag racing only. My 23 year old son is one of the only people I know that loves F1 and GT racing. My father-in-law occasionally watches Rally coverage but, mostly NASCAR. It's kind of sad that the only place to talk road racing, GT or Rally for people like me is online.

Road America is a great track as well and I hope to attend a track-day event there in the future - maybe even take a training course there.

The Nords is certainly an epic track and I have to admit that the first few times I tried driving it in a game - it was daunting. Even though I have run the course occasionally, I still don't have all the turns memorized. Having an accurate version in AC will provide the extra incentive for me to really spend time learning every turn by heart and I can't wait.

Well... I'd say that's american motorsport for you, as far as general public is concerned. However, picture the opposite... I can tell you from personal experience that trying to get ANY coverage of oval racing relayed to you in northern europe is practically impossible :) I follow Nascar sporadically as i want to follow all major and most minor motorsport venues, but i have to pay staggering amounts of cash just to get a stream channel that can give me sprint cup coverage in Sweden. Also, despite me visiting races in all of europe in different series as competitor and spectator i have never seen a live oval race :) It is something left on my list, visit Indy and Daytona during the 500's. Oh, how i wish i can get to do it one day.

On the other hand, we get to see like 35 top quality, real tough, gravel rallies every spring and summer in Sweden alone, even more in Finland... Not to mention the Swedish WRC event that i have frequented every year since late 80s...

So, still good this side of the pond :)

One of the reasons why oval racing is so popular here may be because it provides almost complete track coverage for spectators. People can watch the whole race unfold from their seats whereas road racing has massive gaps in the action leaving spectators in the dark as to events transpired unless they just happen to be in the right place at the right time. Unless there are monitors available to watch, we have to rely on the announcers coverage to fill the gaps.

Being able to see the whole track is of course great for spectators and tv alike, but i must say i still prefer the thrills of road racing. With road racing, as said, it is harder to cover for the audience, with the worst of them all being rally... Rallies practically require you to get up early to study maps and actually navigating to the special stage yourself, to then walk some miles in the woods to find a good spot, where you then have to stand alone in said woods, waiting to see some cars wooshing by one by one. :)

Rallies practically require you to get up early to study maps and actually navigating to the special stage yourself, to then walk some miles in the woods to find a good spot, where you then have to stand alone in said woods, waiting to see some cars wooshing by one by one. :)
In that case i rather get up early, eat something & sleep again (not to mention its actually quite dangerous to stay so close to the road while those car fly by, yeah i know i got no ball) :D:D:D

One of the reasons why oval racing is so popular here may be because it provides almost complete track coverage for spectators.

Also the reason that road racing circuits such as Oschersleben are a popular venue to visit for spectators. The way its designed you can overlook large parts of the entire race track when you manage to find the perfect spot :)

In that case i rather get up early, eat something & sleep again (not to mention its actually quite dangerous to stay so close to the road while those car fly by, yeah i know i got no ball) :D:D:D

There is however a special fanatism amongst rally fans, at least here in scandinavia, unlike most more public events, that makes it worth it. Everyone starts talking to strangers about cars and drivers of past times and commenting the action together, only because of the shared experience and passion... It is kind of a special mentality amongst the fans.

I had many great covversations over the years, including meeting a man in Finland who rowed his small boat nearly 2 hours across a lake to get to his desired spot, so i got to go with him, and it was a magic spot indeed, along a really nice ridgeline in a beatiful part of the forest. On the way there we spoke about finnish drivers of the past ;)

Also met a buch of old gentlemen at Rally Sweden once with whom i managed to construct a watchtower out of lumber by the side of the road using tools they brought.

And many other great meetings with passionate people.

If anyone wants to meet me btw, i'll share a cup of hot choc and a sandwich, at this years Rally Sweden, where i'll of course be, standing in hopefully deep snow, at freezing temperatures with my little wood basket burning away for warming the toes, as usual ;)

Also the reason that road racing circuits such as Oschersleben are a popular venue to visit for spectators. The way its designed you can overlook large parts of the entire race track when you manage to find the perfect spot :)

Yes, Oschersleben is a really great circuit for spectators. And for photographers too, when you want to switch positions/turns in short time. With the shuttle you can get everywhere within 5 minutes. The complete opposite was Spa-Franchorchamps last year in the GT Masters 2013. Shuttle-Service was only allowed to go one way. So you have the choice of either walk, when you want to go from Blanchimont to Fagnes, for about 15 minutes or take the shuttle in the wrong direction all around the track for about 10 minutes. And some of the pathes there look like this:

Attachments

• Spa-EauRouge1.jpg
    Spa-EauRouge1.jpg
    628.9 KB · Views: 313

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back