Nürburgring Nordschleife 2.2 Released

R

Rob Prange

• Rob Prange

Team rf-nordschleife has released the Nürburgring Nordschleife 2.2 a few minutes ago.

Surprisingly, the group has announced that this release ends their work on the Nordschleife. The planned GTR2, RACE07 and GTL versions seem to be scrapped now.

Even more surprising is that the track is released as open-source, the files are not locked and the community is free to continue where the group left off.

All in all rather weird and surprising....:confused:

Screenshots + Download

Before I start, I have driven and been round the Nordscliefe numerous amounts of times, when I was much younger, and have also driven other cars round this fantastic circuit in real life outside the sim racing world and i have driven this version over the weekend, and in my view it has become alot more like the RaceKing version, that I thought was less challenging (and less realistic) than the version released before this V2.2 release. All in all everything looks a little more tidied up, but I have a strong sense that this version has actually gone backwards with this latest release :( This is a little unconcerting and slightly annoying as i thought the version before was perfect as it was.

Anyway I am not saying its rubbish in anyway, as these guys have obviously spent alot of hours and hard work on this track, which I am very very grateful for, I just thought I would put in my views on how, and why I think this release, in my mind has not been a grate success.

Mark.

EDIT: Now I have played this version more and more, I love it more than the previous version :):):)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%