Tracks Nürburging Gesamtstrecke

molest-ducks-58b8a56e3df78c353cdc6c27.jpg

10020Litre20Nylon20-20Supermarket20Shopping20Trolley20D-Green20-20T070-NSSSS50550.jpg

It only results in ...

14657673837_1de98d2df7_b.jpg

Also I don't think it's right for you to speculate like that on Sergio's thoughts about this. I don't think it's respectful to him.
If Sergio does make a complete scratch made Nürburgring track eventually, i sincerely hope it turns out to be a great project, far greater than this one. I think he's a great modder, and i highly respect him having seen his work on many mods.

@WilliamTRiker i already drove your version, because as you says is the only avalible version of a vintage Nurby. Also if you build the Suds it is OK with me and i dont see as a offense, eventually we dont own any of this tracks. I am a "scratch made" track builder since GPL days, and any track i pick to build is because i want to drive on it or it is a challenge for my skills, i have been drawing cars since 6 yrs old so maybe this is a similar. i can understand the point of "why you dont pick another track to build if there is already a version", but i think the answer to that is simply like "i want to build this track". I have been doing tracks since 2004 mainly for GPL and since 5 yrs for AC and RF2, now looks like there is few people doing tracks, but from GPL days most of tracks where done for a guy who want to drive on a specific track, Jim Pearson and his IOM is a example. I am more like a addict to this stuff of doing tracks and at this point feel never going to stop doing track, i already have a 100 "to do" list of tracks :).
so have fun and build any track you want and put all effort and love on it, thats the main goal for all this.
cheers

Sergio

@WilliamTRiker i already drove your version, because as you says is the only avalible version of a vintage Nurby. Also if you build the Suds it is OK with me and i dont see as a offense, eventually we dont own any of this tracks. I am a "scratch made" track builder since GPL days, and any track i pick to build is because i want to drive on it or it is a challenge for my skills, i have been drawing cars since 6 yrs old so maybe this is a similar. i can understand the point of "why you dont pick another track to build if there is already a version", but i think the answer to that is simply like "i want to build this track". I have been doing tracks since 2004 mainly for GPL and since 5 yrs for AC and RF2, now looks like there is few people doing tracks, but from GPL days most of tracks where done for a guy who want to drive on a specific track, Jim Pearson and his IOM is a example. I am more like a addict to this stuff of doing tracks and at this point feel never going to stop doing track, i already have a 100 "to do" list of tracks :).
so have fun and build any track you want and put all effort and love on it, thats the main goal for all this.
cheers

Sergio

Thank you Sergio, i appreciate your input and i feel exactly the same way towards making these tracks and the fun involved with it. This is about having fun and sharing, harmful competitiveness between modders is out of place.

Cheers!

Hello people, I'm still working in the sudschleife

i did some little study based on the few media available, and i had to do big changes regarding the whole terrain and track layout. Probably close to a hundred percent of the sudschleife terrain and track had to be modified, including some elevation issues in the sudkehre. That stage is already done, except for a few things like the far hills in this picture and other specific spots.
The big vegetation is already placed around the whole layout including hedges, and i already started sketching the approach i'm going to take in the whole track regarding bushes and plants. Fences are done too. Still have to work a little more on it before release, as structures, physics mesh, collision walls, spectators, vegetation and textures still need work.

The next update is going to include the sudschleife with small vegetation placed, and after that i'm going to start placing small vegetation into the nordschleife for another future update release.

Next update is coming very very soon, brace yourselves!

Cheers!

Tp6CMUU.jpg

onabILs.jpg

Okay guys, Nürburgring 1967 with 4 layouts it's already up

Here's the changelog with some notes.

V0.5:
-------------------------------

First of all, DO A CLEAN INSTALL, as the files structure has changed.

-Sudschleife and Gesamtstrecke layouts included:

You will notice the Sudschleife has new shrubs and plants. The nordschleife lacks these at the moment, but these are the same kind of vegetation that will be added into the nordschleife for the next update.

-New physical road mesh: new bumpier feeling

Complete new physical mesh, feels a lot bumpier, but not in a violent way for the wheel, so it's a big improvement.

-Elevation fix in the south loop:

The sudschleife "template" from the original track had to be thoroughly modified regarding hills and track elevation and general layout. Probably close to a 100% of it suffered big modifications. In this process i noticed the south loop had an elevation problem, so now it sits a bit higher than before. You wont probably notice that though, looks very much like before.

-Includes 2 more pits. Now 32 pits total.

-Pits-zone denomination in the 3D model now included:

This should solve any car collision problems inside the pits, but at the same time it limits speed to 80kmh while in the pit section. This sadly can't be bypassed, but i tried to limit the "pit straight" very close to the pit boxes, so you wont have problems when passing through the straight at high speeds with one wheel over the pits concrete.

-Road texture improved:

Looks very different, but better.

-New pit concrete texture

-Various little corrections regarding 3D model, textures, and texture mapping
------------------------------------

Still a lot to do, so anything you notice that needs to be fixed, tell me.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
@WilliamTRiker Thank you for your track and hard work. Please keep it going!
This is so amazing, I was in need to do a short video. More will maybe follow if I get some response :)

Looks awesome! what app are you using for the helmet?

and another question, is that grass i see on the track borders? is the procedural grass from CSP?? appears in an automatic way?

Something is strange though, the hedges have dissappeared after mullenbach :O_o: maybe a Grass FX issue..

Last edited:
@WilliamTRiker yes the grass fx is from the config file which recently has been released on discord. You may include it into your next updates? @katikomer The helmet app is called VisorXForce, you may find it on the official assettocorsa forum. Its nothing special for VR so you may just use it for non-VR too. In general IMO CSP with the latest preview 0.1.30 has made a huge step again towards real-life optics.

@WilliamTRiker yes the grass fx is from the config file which recently has been released on discord. You may include it into your next updates? @katikomer The helmet app is called VisorXForce, you may find it on the official assettocorsa forum. Its nothing special for VR so you may just use it for non-VR too. In general IMO CSP with the latest preview 0.1.30 has made a huge step again towards real-life optics.

Awesome!, please send me your .ini file, i don't know anything about CSP config files, i have to learn about it yet.

Okay so i looked into the subject, and the hedges dissappear when GrassFX is enabled because the hedges have the wrong shader configuration. I fixed it but that's gonna show for the next update.

I created a config file that will solve this problem in the meanwhile, and includes the grassFX config. Put this file inside assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded if you have CM set to install track config files automatically

Attachments

• nurburgring1967.ini
    416 bytes · Views: 149
Last edited:
The ini file should always be put into assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded as long as CM is set to "install the track config files automatical (recommended)" otherwise it will create errors once the files are updated again via github

Ooh, the Steilstrecke. This is gonna be interesting. Wonder how an F1 car would manage it...

Old F1 cars shouldn't have problems. Modern F1 will have lots of problems on the small layout depicted on previous pictures because of steering ratio. A couple corners are very very tight.
However this small layout is not going to be the only way to enjoy the steilstrecke. Touristenfahrten layout has open barriers.

I would advise discretion though, when taking the steilstrecke head on going full throttle unless you want to perform some good show for Hohe Acht spectators.

P4LZvG1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%