Tracks Nürburging Gesamtstrecke

WIP

Usually i don't like to tease before release, but since this is such a massive and long work, i wanted you to know in the meanwhile that there's someone actually working to bring this to AC, in case you were wondering and getting anxious :)

It's going to be firstly a conversion (already authorized) and then a careful enhancement to bring it to AC level, based on the look of the track around 1967.

This won't come in the next week nor in the next month guys, it has still a long way to go but it's coming ;)

sfAswrU.jpg

Last edited:
Qn3Lm1y.jpg

A little tease :p

Be aware that nothing you see in this image is final (textures and model is still open to change and definitely there's shader work to do). Still a long work to do.
In this moment i'm in the middle of the first stage of laying big vegetation in its place. I'm working around Bergwerk now, all of this based on media recorded between the years 1966 and 1969 (Around 1970 and 1971 Nürburgring suffered big changes so the media available after this year is not very useful).
In this first stage i should finish laying big vegetation, and the terrain map with detail textures. After this, i'm going to work on the track itself, physics and looks to make it raceable. Then it comes the time to lay down small vegetation, and other details such as fences and surrounding structures. After that i think it could be ready for a Beta release before i do a complete and final check to fix and make changes on final details.
All my spare time i am dedicated to this, but i have also responsabilities like work and studies so my spare time is limited. I think this beta could be released in the first months of 2019.

I will upload more images as i move forward.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi everybody, so i have made some progress since the last time.
Notice there still could be changes regarding 3D model, textures, and shaders, but we are closer to a beta release. Big vegetation and texture map is finished on the nordschleife, just a few adjustments are needed like for example the trees in the back at the Hocheichen picture that doesn't look good. You can notice of course the lack of fences, small vegetation and finished surrounding stuff, tire marks and trail on the track. I'll be probably releasing a beta without some of that stuff and then i could add it in the alpha release, otherwise it could take too long for you to test the track. I haven't finished sudschleife to the same level, but i think it won't take too long since its size is about one third of the nordschleife.
The nordschleife took so long because most part of the time since the last report i wasn't working on it. Sudschleife should take just a few weeks of continued work.
So at the moment i am thinking about this; i will add some fences and surrounding stuff, i will improve the pits that still need work, i will make the physical track mesh and then i will release a beta version of the nordschleife alone. I'll do everything in my power to have it done before my college classes start to take too much time from me, that gives me about a month from now. Later on i will release a full gesamtstrecke beta when i get the sudschleife to the same level, and afterwards it should be all about tire marks, small vegetation (that will certainly take lots of time), some overall polishing and other fixes.

So that's it, i will get back to you with a beta release soon!

GGfVlIR.jpg

Uw18fFs.jpg

BlZzaR6.jpg

qELVdIp.jpg

XptDRkX.jpg

0EnkD61.jpg

Not heard of anybody else doing the full classic Nürburgring including nordschleife and sudschleife... i'm working on it since a year and a half or something... maybe it was myself :)
Sergio Loro is finishing his scratch made Südschleife as we speak and claimed to do a scratch made Nords in the future as well.

Hello there people!
I have to apology for the time without giving news, having you promised a release before.
In april i had an important problem with my pc hardware, and i just got to fix it a couple weeks ago. Since then i have been working on the track and improving lots of stuff.
Almost all the big important stuff is made already, including a physical mesh for the whole nordschleife, with the exception of small vegetation as stated some posts ago.
Now i am taking care of small things and details until the beta release, which is coming very very soon.

Cheers!!

4xeR4LK.jpg

Oh by the way, if there's someone experienced in setting up AI, and ai_hints.ini and all that, and interested in helping me with it, please pm me. This one is tough because all the jumps and stuff, requires some more delicate ai setup, and i would prefer to dedicate that time to other aspects of the track.

This is phenomenal.

I have been waiting so long for somebody to make a good 60s Nordschleife in AC to go with the recent GPL mod, and now you have done it! Thank you so much.

I have been driving and noticed a couple bugs:
- Like someone said in the track thread, the wooden barriers are quite sticky.
- Bumpy road in some places but not really too bothersome (probably accurate in fact!), but most noticeable is the bump on top of the high-speed left hander at the end of the back straight. It’s in a very dangerous spot!

In addition I have one suggestion:
The edges of the track drop off quite violently in most places. While this is probably intended, it is quite surprising. (Feels like Initial D :)
I would suggest modifying the texture close to the sides in order to make it more visible. I do use very low graphics settings so it might be more visible to most than it is to me.

That’s all for now. Will stick around.
The feel and overall flow of the track are wonderful, it is impressively similar to the ancient GPL version; I’m struggling at all the same spots I remember from several years ago! Yet at the same time one clearly recognizes the modern track.

Well done!

This is phenomenal.

I have been waiting so long for somebody to make a good 60s Nordschleife in AC to go with the recent GPL mod, and now you have done it! Thank you so much.

I have been driving and noticed a couple bugs:
- Like someone said in the track thread, the wooden barriers are quite sticky.
- Bumpy road in some places but not really too bothersome (probably accurate in fact!), but most noticeable is the bump on top of the high-speed left hander at the end of the back straight. It’s in a very dangerous spot!

In addition I have one suggestion:
The edges of the track drop off quite violently in most places. While this is probably intended, it is quite surprising. (Feels like Initial D :)
I would suggest modifying the texture close to the sides in order to make it more visible. I do use very low graphics settings so it might be more visible to most than it is to me.

That’s all for now. Will stick around.
The feel and overall flow of the track are wonderful, it is impressively similar to the ancient GPL version; I’m struggling at all the same spots I remember from several years ago! Yet at the same time one clearly recognizes the modern track.

Well done!

Thank you for your comments!
About the sticky barriers, it would help me a lot if you show me pictures of the exact places where you had these problems, so i can look for the problem in the 3D model.
About the bumpy road, yes i tried to make it just the right amount so it feels like vintage bumpy pavement, but not so much so it doesn't get too bothersome. You reminded me the bump in the back straight, i have felt it and i think i know what it is, so it will be fixed for the next update.

I'll give a thought to the edge issue, i think i know what it is, but i don't think there's a straight easy fix... i'll keep it in mind and work on a solution nontheless.

Tell me if you notice anything else! Thanks

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 91 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.7%
  • < 5 years