Tracks Nürburging Gesamtstrecke

The Sudschleife was one of my favourite tracks to drive in F1 99-02 with a mod, although the camera was somewhat buggy back then due to the age and limitations of the game.

Can't wait to see this come to fruition, there is already a version of the Sudschleife but it's somewhat pricey at £7.

The Sudschleife was one of my favourite tracks to drive in F1 99-02 with a mod, although the camera was somewhat buggy back then due to the age and limitations of the game.

Can't wait to see this come to fruition, there is already a version of the Sudschleife but it's somewhat pricey at £7.
In a couple of weeks i will start working in the Sudschleife, it should take a LOT less time than the nordschleife due to the fact that it is just a third in size, and most texture and models stuff is already done.
It presents a particular challenge though, due to the fact that there's almost no footage in internet of this section of the circuit, unlike the nordschleife section. There's a couple of very blurry videos in youtube and that's it, so this call goes for everybody:
PLEASE if any of you have some footage of the sudschleife, be that video or pictures, share it with me so i can have a more precise guideline for the process.

I want to share this footage with you guys because it is really unique and awesome.

It's the only footage i've found on internet onboard an F1 car driving around the sudschleife. There's other footage onboard a Formula Vee car, but it's pretty colourless. This footage will help me putting all in place regarding structures and trees, at least in these sectors. Yes it's from 1970 after the big nurburgring revamp, but the thing is that the big revamp it was just a nordschleife revamp... the sudschleife remained untouched. So what we see in this video is pretty much how it looked in 1967.

There's other very useful footage of cars doing the sudschleife path just some years ago. It doesn't help with the vegetation at all, but it helps a lot with the track shape, corner angles, straights, and surrounding terrain height. The version for rFactor had lots of troubles regarding these aspects, it was very unaccurate, so i've been spending lots of time fixing that. Now i'm going to start placing vegetation, fences and stuff.

ZjtKB7z.jpg

By the way, i have a nordschleife update almost ready to go that fixes every reported problem in the 0.1 version. Is going up very soon.

Cheers!

What about the paid version from Sergio Loro (f3classictracks)? Does it help you in creating the Südschleife? At least he also has a free Betonschleife to try.

I don't like to base my work on other mods, because i don't know what source they've used to make theirs, and how accurate it is compared to that source material.
Maybe some mods could help getting a general idea of some sector i didn't find footage.. but then again, if i didn't find any footage of these places, probably these guys haven't either, so their blind guess on creating these sectors is as good as mine. That's the logic i used with the nordschleife and i think is the same i will use here.
At least the video footage shows almost the entire track, so it will be accurate in the big picture.

At least the video footage shows almost the entire track, so it will be accurate in the big picture.
Hmm, I think it shows only about 1/3rd of the track at most. In a one minute commercial, to show the entire track, the car would have to be going 288 mph since the track is 4.814 miles long.

I think you'll also find one of the turn combinations is repeated from different camera angles.

Hmm, I think it shows only about 1/3rd of the track at most. In a one minute commercial, to show the entire track, the car would have to be going 288 mph since the track is 4.814 miles long.

I think you'll also find one of the turn combinations is repeated from different camera angles.

In this particular video yes, its just a third of the track, but i was refering to the whole pack of video footage you can find in internet

• Deleted member 955978

There already is a well researched and properly done version out there, so I don’t know what this is for?
Yes Sergio’s Südschleife is a pay mod, but it’s worth the money.
He even did the Betonschleife for free here at RD!

Every modders effort is welcome to me, but doing doubles and triples is pointless I think.
Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
There already is a well researched and properly done version out there, so I don’t know what this is for?
Yes Sergio’s Südschleife is a pay mod, but it’s worth the money.
He even did the Betonschleife for free here at RD!

Every modders effort is welcome to me, but doing doubles and triples is pointless I think.
Cheers.

Hmm if there's already a Gesamtstrecke track point me to it... if not, then there's no "double" here.
The work here involves a lot more than just südschleife...
It's clearly not my purpose to steamroller on anyone, the title of my mod isn't "Südschleife 1967". I started working on this idea from like 2 years ago because there was no full vintage Nürburgring mod in existence. As simple as that. And as i see it, there's still no full vintage Nürburgring mod..

I'm not going to leave the südschleife or betonschleife layouts out from the project just because someone already did them... THAT would be absolutely pointless, as the whole idea of this project from day one was to do the entire track including all possible layouts.

• Deleted member 955978

I can feel Sergio shaking his head on this topic....

He did a scratch Südschleife, wich is to notch.
He also said a scratch made Nords is on his to do list.

But you all prefer a conconconversin of an old rF track

Shaking my head.....

I can feel Sergio shaking his head on this topic....

He did a scratch Südschleife, wich is to notch.
He also said a scratch made Nords is on his to do list.

But you all prefer a conconconversin of an old rF track

Shaking my head.....

People probably like this because there is actually no alternative at the moment... they can't prefer something that's not out there... it's a no brainer...

Having a project in my to-do list doesn't lock everyone up from having an alternative available in the meanwhile.. hell even having a project completed and released to the public doesn't take away people the right of having alternatives, we don't own these tracks. I think having problems with it's nothing more than personal ego.

Also I don't think it's right for you to speculate like that on Sergio's thoughts about this. I don't think it's respectful to him.
If Sergio does make a complete scratch made Nürburgring track eventually, i sincerely hope it turns out to be a great project, far greater than this one. I think he's a great modder, and i highly respect him having seen his work on many mods.

I'm trying my best here for the community, to serve the need for a great historic scenery that's simply still not available at this time. Not interested in the slightest on some kind of childish mod rivalry war. If it comes the moment that people lose interest in this project looking for a better quality alternative, then so be it, i won't be mad at it and bark to it just because of my own ego.

• Deleted member 955978

Please don’t get me wrong, I appreciate your afford.
But please see my point:
Sim racing is a small niche, everyone knows about and looks into ongoing projects.
Your works does deteriorate from Sergio’s Süds, which is light years ahead from any conversion you could come up with.
Yes it’s a paid mod..... Still my point stands, why doing it knowing you rival a SCRATCH made track, focusing all interest on “your” work?
With catering to the ”free for all folks” you destroy every chance of getting a decent version of the Gesamtstrecke.
Good things don’t come free...
Peace

• Deleted member 955978

PS: There already is a historic Nordschleife rF conversion for AC out there, it sits on my HD.
So don’t insist yours the only one available... Don’t play unfair.

Please don’t get me wrong, I appreciate your afford.
But please see my point:
Sim racing is a small niche, everyone knows about and looks into ongoing projects.
Your works does deteriorate from Sergio’s Süds, which is light years ahead from any conversion you could come up with.
Yes it’s a paid mod..... Still my point stands, why doing it knowing you rival a SCRATCH made track, focusing all interest on “your” work?
With catering to the ”free for all folks” you destroy every chance of getting a decent version of the Gesamtstrecke.
Good things don’t come free...
Peace

First... "Your works does deteriorate from Sergio’s Süds, which is light years ahead from any conversion you could come up with."
In that case why on Earth would he feel threatened by a "deteriorated" version??

Second.. "why doing it knowing you rival a SCRATCH made track, focusing all interest on “your” work?".
If you just said above Sergio's work is light years ahead from anything i can do, why you talk one line below about a "rivalry"?? there's no rivalry when there's such a quality leap as you state with such certainty without even looking at any of both mods in their final state.
People can take notice and focus on what they SEE available to them, where else would you expect people to focus their interest if there's no other gesamtstrecke project thread with info about it?? a no brainer....

Third... "With catering to the ”free for all folks” you destroy every chance of getting a decent version of the Gesamtstrecke."
This is so absolutely preposterous i'm not even replying to it... just notice that by saying that you imply that Sergio's interest in making his project is nothing more than money hunger. Does he agree with such claim???

Fourth... "Good things don’t come free..."
I've seen some horrible paid mods and some other spectacular free mods, so this is bullsh*t and we all know it.
Besides, this is like saying that modders apply themselves to make good stuff only when there's a few bucks in between. I don't think selling mods pays a salary to a lot of modders... most of us have our regular jobs, studies, and we do this on our spare time because we enjoy doing it. Nothing more.

Fifth... I'm saying it again. Even having a project completed and released to the public doesn't take away people the right of having alternatives, paid or not, so unless you think the first person declaring a future project holds all rights to the track, i don't get why the hell are we still debating this nonsense.

Last edited:
PS: There already is a historic Nordschleife rF conversion for AC out there, it sits on my HD.
So don’t insist yours the only one available... Don’t play unfair.

Haven't seen any full gesamtstrecke track... and all the ones i've seen of the nordschleife are conversions with little to no enhancements from their original rF counterpart, hardly close to what i'm trying to do here...

So unless you want to insist on blaming me for the absolute decadency of the modding world or pointing out some other nonsense antagonizing the work of the modders. I wouldn't like to have the people that follows this thread tired by such absurd debate. i think i pointed out all my thoughts on the matter and i don't have much more to add, so let's close it and let the rest of the comments to be about the project.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back