Mystery Track Coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience Mystery Track.jpg

Sector3 Studios have revealed a mystery tease from an upcoming new track, can you guess what the latest ribbon of tarmac from the Swedish developers might be?

Expected to release as paid add on content in the big September RaceRoom patch, the new track will form part of a larger update release set to contain "a couple of interesting game updates" as well as the usual long list of fixes and enhancements to the current build of the PC only racing simulation.

RaceRoom already contains 38 unique locations in a variety of configurations, many of which host the real world counterpart of racing series contained within the simulation. With a strong European looking flavour in the picture above, could we be getting another high profile former Grand Prix venue (my pick would be Imola btw..).

Lay down your guess below!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation available as a free to play base software with additional paid content available through the RaceRoom Store.

Take your RaceRoom Racing Experience online with RaceDepartment. Check out our Club and League Racing sub forum for a great place to sample a popular and wide cross-section of cars and tracks from Sector3 Studios current racing simulation. As well as organised Club and League events, we also host a number of mods and car setups, plus a thriving sub forum dedicated to this racing title.

So what track do you think S3 have up their sleeves for this September? Looking forward to the new patch? How is your current experience with the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Bleagh! Anything but ovals. Even Imola. :O_o: ;)
Blah blah and blughh:alien::speechless::sick: You try doing a 200 lap race around Talledega at 200 mph with numerous pitstops. I would love some oval action with the Indycars and I would love Nascars too. Variety is the spice of life. Sometimes a change is needed.
Apart from that, Imola will do. :) I like Mugello too.

I've only ever driven it in iRacing, really nice flowing track, and it always makes for good races when the WeatherTech Sportscar Champ race there. Hopefully one of the other major sims will pick it up eventually. :)

I regularly used to race there in GTR2, Nascar Racing 2003 and Race 07. It was a popular track in the modding community. Loved it in NR2003 using the trans am and GTP mods. Would be nice for RRE or AC to get the licence.

Blah blah and blughh:alien::speechless::sick: You try doing a 200 lap race around Talledega at 200 mph with numerous pitstops.

That's kinda my point... I have no interest in doing so because I find ovals intensely boring to race on. Just my personal preference, I'm afraid.

Variety is the spice of life. Sometimes a change is needed.

Hahaha... like a variety of corners, or a change in corner direction? :roflmao:

Just kidding with you. I know we all have our likes and dislikes. Ovals would very likely be the first piece of R3E content I wouldn't buy though, if they do come.

I take it you weren't a NR23003 fan then? :p
Given that I have no idea what that is, I think it's safe to say... no. :D

Edit: Aaaah ok, you mean Nascar Racing 2003? No I wasn't. There was one Nascar game I used to play yeeeears ago with my brother, but only because it was super-easy to make your own liveries. I used to make KIT from Knight Rider, and go around smashing all the other cars up with invul turned on. :p

Despite having grown up surrounded by oval track racing, it's never really been my thing (not full time, at least).

That said, if you are at all a racing game enthusiast, you really owe it to yourself to spend some time in NR2003 - it is an absolutely brilliant piece of software. There are a lot of games today labeled "legendary" - some deserving, some not. NR2003 = deserving.

IMO, if you did these enhancements and released it as NR2017, you would have one of the best racing sims of all time on your hands:

- freshen up the graphics
- current car/track set
- current rules
- dynamic track (an absolutely critical component of strategy at certain ovals and imho the only real glaring omission in NR2003)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%