AC Mystery Fun Event, Tuesday 27th July 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yes, thanks Han for organising another different and interesting event.
As I saw the swarm of Fiats climbing the hill on the first lap I thought I was in a very, very low budget remake of the Italian Job! :D
After that all I could hear was Michael Caine’s voice “ your’e only supposed to blow the bloody doors off”. Well I tried to loose some panels by scraping the barriers on occasions but lap time came down towards the end.

Good fun to drive different cars on the not so used tracks. Well done to all.

Thanks all for racing tonight! I had quite some battles which I all lost. I also enjoyed the conversations on Discord during the race. Must have been a lot of fun for the frontrunners, except maybe for my alien son.
Congrats to the podium! Great racing!

I would love to hear what you liked about this format or what you want to change:
  • The secret car
  • The secret track
  • No practice
  • Low powered car with few setup options, equal for all
  • Duration of race
  • Length of the track.

Last edited:
Thanks all for racing tonight! I had quite some battles which I all lost. I also enjoyed the conversations on Discord during the race. Must have been a lot of fun for the frontrunners, except maybe for my alien son.

I would love to hear what you liked about this format or what you want to change:
  • The secret car
  • The secret track
  • No practice
  • Duration of race
  • Length of the track.
Man what a desception for me, I dont think I'm really slow, but with this car and track I was battling for last place :(

Great crowd and very funny comments!

@HF2000,sorry for the no show,my pedals have somehow stopping working,tryingm to fix them but might not make it tonight either:(:mad:,will do my best..
No problem, Allan. Thanks for telling me. You sure missed a great event because I think this car suits you and there were intense battles for the 2-8 positions where you certainly would have participated.

Man what a desception for me, I dont think I'm really slow, but with this car and track I was battling for last place :(

Great crowd and very funny comments!
Hi Andre, yes there was a lot to learn. For example I shifted from 3rd to 4th on 102 km/h and I couldn't understand why everyone was so much faster on the last long climb. In the last laps I found out that you can go to 108 in 3rd. When I applied that, I improved my PB with 2,5 seconds! The same goes for staying in 2nd on the last two hairpins.

I guess that the fast guys already found that out practice or qually.

Hi Andre, yes there was a lot to learn. For example I shifted from 3rd to 4th on 102 km/h and I couldn't understand why everyone was so much faster on the last long climb. In the last laps I found out that you can go to 108 in 3rd. When I applied that, I improved my PB with 2,5 seconds! The same goes for staying in 2nd on the last two hairpins.

I guess that the fast guys already found that out practice or qually.
Thanx han! That makes me feel better. What a struggle!

Maybe the only criticism of this event I have (because like everything else was epic) is the paid for DLC circuit. Having paid for DLC as a last minute reveal is a risk, because no everyone has every piece of DLC on the game and there's a risk that if you were to pick something from like the Japanese Pack (which I haven't bought), it could force some people to pull out if they aren't able to get the DLC or get it installed and downloaded in time if it's a big one. Either default cars and tracks or both cars and tracks to be mod files to be downloaded.

Apart from tyre pressures, which I guessed, apart from quickest driving lines, I guessed, come to think of it I guessed compounds too.
All that was left was ability, and the front runners were Sooo much quicker, in a sort of slow way.:O_o::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
A bit of a reality check really.:roflmao::roflmao: No we’re to hide.:confused:
Well done podiums, well deserved.

It was a very relaxing race though.

1F679BCB-847A-4031-918E-A08A068CC73F.jpeg

• The secret car
  • The secret track
  • No practice
  • Duration of race
  • Length of the track.

Hi Han, my feedback;

The secret car- yes, I like it, It adds to the mystery, might be good to have a choice of similar cars like the first event we did with the SUV’s at Fonteny but single make is also good.
The secret track- yes, as above.
No practice- yes, makes it the same for everyone one.
Low powered car with few setup options, equal for all- yes, maybe mix it up with a choice of similar cars if possible. I don’t know how the car/track set ups work in sgp or RD or what he restrictions are but there are some good classic car mods out there which could be fun especially around an historic track like Goodwood. Sideways fun on skinny tyres!
Duration of race- with the lower powered cars maybe 40 minutes is too long. Maybe 2x20 minutes races with reverse grid for race 2?
Length of the track.- tricky one, the Fiat Pandas or similar (500’s) around a short course somewhere like Vallelunga club circuit would be a hoot and with smaller grids of 10-15 drivers would add to the excitement. But the longer road courses do add to the event as they are harder to learn in such a short time and you can make up time with a clean lap.

But I am happy to have a go where I can in whatever turns up.

The secret car- yes, I like it, It adds to the mystery, might be good to have a choice of similar cars like the first event we did with the SUV’s at Fonteny.
The secret track- yes, as above.
No practice- yes, makes it the same for everyone one.
Low powered car with few setup options, equal for all- yes, maybe mix it up with a choice of similar cars if possible. I don’t know how the car/track set ups work in sgp or RD or what he restrictions are but there are some good classic car mods out there which could be fun especially around an historic track like Goodwood. Sideways fun on skinny tyres!
Duration of race- with the lower powered cars maybe 40 minutes is too long. Maybe 2x20 minutes races with reverse grid for race 2?
Length of the track.- tricky one, the Fiat Pandas or similar (500’s) around a short course somewhere like Vallelunga club circuit would be a hoot and with smaller grids of 10-15 drivers would add to the excitement. But the longer road corses do add to the event as they are harder to learn in such a short time and you can make up time with a clean lap.

• The secret car
  • The secret track
  • No practice
  • Duration of race
  • Length of the track.
I really like the idea. One of the reasons I don't want to do league races is that I end up practicing more than I want to and in the end I always end up feeling like I could have done better had I done even more practice. So this kind of surprise combo is very nice because it is just jump in and drive what is offered. Still good close clean racing without the time investment beforehand. If possible I'd lock down the setup completely with full fuel tank to make it even more "as is".

Race duration is fine for me. I think when it comes to tracks there are tons and tons of good options out there. Kunos tracks are a safe bet but also very familiar for many. Third party tracks need some extra time investment because they need to be tested. There might be certain issues with grid slots and using case-sensitive letter in folder names which can cause connectivity issues. These issues can only really be tested in an online environment. On the other hand thir party tracks can be really cool new experiences which I think many people are looking for in an event like this.

I'd only really avoid really old tracks that have been converted from gpl and rfactor as the track surface of those might have some nasty bumps and generally suffer from low poly issues. Other than those issues I think third party tracks are a safe choise, especially if you pick anything from the known masters who have done several tracks.

With cars I'd be more careful. The panda wasn't bad but I think there are a lot of kunos cars many people have not driven. Like tons of kunos road cars all of which are done to good standard and are unlikely to have weird handling issues. Although dlc issues might come into play.

Overall I'd be happy to drive anything from f1 car, gt3 car, vintage single seater, modern road car or a transit but naturally the short practice time will make the race very chaotic with really fast cars. I think it would be funny to have something like fiat panda at black county on one week and then the next week it is modern lmp1 cars at lemans for example. Nobody expected that for sure. Personally as long as the chosen car's physics are well made I'd be happy to drive it anywhere. Looking forward to next event!

I really like the idea. One of the reasons I don't want to do league races is that I end up practicing more than I want to and in the end I always end up feeling like I could have done better had I done even more practice. So this kind of surprise combo is very nice because it is just jump in and drive what is offered. Still good close clean racing without the time investment beforehand. If possible I'd lock down the setup completely with full fuel tank to make it even more "as is".

Race duration is fine for me. I think when it comes to tracks there are tons and tons of good options out there. Kunos tracks are a safe bet but also very familiar for many. Third party tracks need some extra time investment because they need to be tested. There might be certain issues with grid slots and using case-sensitive letter in folder names which can cause connectivity issues. These issues can only really be tested in an online environment. On the other hand thir party tracks can be really cool new experiences which I think many people are looking for in an event like this.

I'd only really avoid really old tracks that have been converted from gpl and rfactor as the track surface of those might have some nasty bumps and generally suffer from low poly issues. Other than those issues I think third party tracks are a safe choise, especially if you pick anything from the known masters who have done several tracks.

With cars I'd be more careful. The panda wasn't bad but I think there are a lot of kunos cars many people have not driven. Like tons of kunos road cars all of which are done to good standard and are unlikely to have weird handling issues. Although dlc issues might come into play.

Overall I'd be happy to drive anything from f1 car, gt3 car, vintage single seater, modern road car or a transit but naturally the short practice time will make the race very chaotic with really fast cars. I think it would be funny to have something like fiat panda at black county on one week and then the next week it is modern lmp1 cars at lemans for example. Nobody expected that for sure. Personally as long as the chosen car's physics are well made I'd be happy to drive it anywhere. Looking forward to next event!
Thanks Lasse.

Nice to read that you like the part that there's no time investment beforehand.
That was an important part for this experiment because a lot of my audience already have an event on Wednesday and sometimes Sunday where they need practice for.
Regarding your concern of the quality of third party mods: I can only use those that are available at S.GP/RaceDepartment. I think there's a quality check done before mods come available.

I would love to lock down the setup even more like forcing street tyres but that's not available on S.GP (yet).

Hope to see you on track again.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%