AC Mystery Fun Event, Tuesday 27th July 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks @HF2000 as always, was good fun. At the beginning I thought that the track might be to long for such a slow car and the field will be stretched out with no action. Glad that didn't happen and I had great battle at the front, especially with @Chris Down who, apparently, likes to get spanked.

I like those mystery events as they are super accessible for everyone. Especially in the summer time where at least I don't have much time to practice for an event but still want to have a semi-realistic chance of fighting for the podium.

Here my thoughts:
Secret track/car and no practice time :thumbsup:
2x20mins Race format with reversed top5 would be great (if possible in the future)
Cars with very little setup options are preferred. (normal road cars especially)
Easy and/or short tracks are also welcomed.

Lasse made a very good point, setup frozen, I did some laps after and even with the very limited setups managed to make the car noticeably more stable.
Guessing was probably worse than doing nothing, yes I realise that now. :roflmao:

I can also suggest Aliens are made to drive these panda
35A40A5B-4DFE-4127-8D64-7123A43EF160.jpeg

Whilst us more normal folk are relegated to

96890994-2BFD-4FC9-B103-3D3AEE843B4C.png

now that seems like a very fair alternative, fixed setup of course.

Lasse made a very good point, setup frozen, I did some laps after and even with the very limited setups managed to make the car noticeably more stable.
Guessing was probably worse than doing nothing, yes I realise that now. :roflmao:

I can also suggest Aliens are made to drive these panda
View attachment 491554

Whilst us more normal folk are relegated to

View attachment 491555

now that seems like a very fair alternative, fixed setup of course.
What setup changes did you make?

I did not adjust the ARB, the rear wing was not adjusted, the front of the car was not lowered to take full advantage of the front splitter, left the power diff standard, did not touch the diff coast setting either, did not lower the rear again to take advantage of the rear diffuser, bump stops were left as standard, did not change the gearing, also front and rear toe was left as standard too. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

all I did was to raise the front and rear pressures noticabally to try and reduce tyre friction to the road, it was a desperate attempt to match the fast guys pace, the fact that I had done exactly the same thing before with disastrous consequence to my lap times did not seem to deter me from doing it again.:rolleyes::geek:
All I did after the race was drop the fronts standard pressures by one psi and left the rears standard, transformed, for me anyway, from a totally most of the time unstable car into a sweet wee thing, still ordinary times befitting a knob of a driver.:roflmao::roflmao:
But remained on the track, especially the first corner.:)

Thanks all for racing tonight! I had quite some battles which I all lost. I also enjoyed the conversations on Discord during the race. Must have been a lot of fun for the frontrunners, except maybe for my alien son.
Congrats to the podium! Great racing!

I would love to hear what you liked about this format or what you want to change:
  • The secret car
  • The secret track
  • No practice
  • Low powered car with few setup options, equal for all
  • Duration of race
  • Length of the track.
You came up with a very special car-track-combo, which finally was more fun and challenge than I expected before. So well done mate!

The format was great, so nothing to be changed in my eyes. I like the idea of making things more equal by erasing the opportunity of practicing a particular car-track-combo before.

Sure, it can happen, that you pick a car or track in the future, someone knows already. But it's very unlikely this person drove that exact combo in a while. So I want to say, you don't need to find very exotic cars or tracks to make the purpose if this event work. AC has so much content to choose from, be it mods or original one.

Personally I'd like to see some cool street cars, because of the few setup options. There are many great ones like the Countach, the R8, the Ferraris and so on...

If it's about equality, I'd always vote for single car events. But I don't care about a mixed grid either. I always race to win, so don't blame me picking the best car then. ;-)

I agree with Reik above, love the faster street cars (and also the slower ones as I demonstrated on Tuesday :) )
Although I think I would maybe prefer some tighter tracks instead. These fast, flowing tracks like Fonteny suit old cars like the 250 GTO better, in my opinion anyway.

In 6 or 7 years of racing here, I don't think I've ever seen an event at Magione. But it's one of the standard tracks and it's great for trackday/street car racing!

It would be fun if it was easy to find what the race and cars were?
I gather they were Fiats but I cant see any track.
I think it's a fun thing to do.
No practice.
Though, my two pence worth.
2 short races[esp if tires are marginal] and reverse grids are lots of fun,

It would be fun if it was easy to find what the race and cars were?
I gather they were Fiats but I cant see any track.
I think it's a fun thing to do.
No practice.
Though, my two pence worth.
2 short races[esp if tires are marginal] and reverse grids are lots of fun,
Hi John,

Unfortunately S.GP doesn't support the 2-race/reverse grid format yet. Otherwise it would be fun indeed!
The race was with the Fiat Panda on Black Cat County Short. It was a track that I guessed hardly anyone knew.
And we had a lot of fun. So join us next time. It only takes max 1 1/2 hour from your time.

You can tell me if you're going to sign up for the new secret event next Tuesday here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/secret-fun-event-2-tuesday-10th-august-2021.206124/

This sounds like a great idea, I'll try to remember to join, but without my nice SGP reminder I might forget! Hopefully with less practice for you lot I might be able to keep up a bit better? I can dream anyway :p

This sounds like a great idea, I'll try to remember to join, but without my nice SGP reminder I might forget! Hopefully with less practice for you lot I might be able to keep up a bit better? I can dream anyway :p
Gareth, I'll put you on the list. Maybe I will send everyone on the list a PM as a reminder the day before.

Oops, I've put in the wrong link:
I'll put you on the list there.

Last edited:
Hi John,

Unfortunately S.GP doesn't support the 2-race/reverse grid format yet. Otherwise it would be fun indeed!
The race was with the Fiat Panda on Black Cat County Short. It was a track that I guessed hardly anyone knew.
And we had a lot of fun. So join us next time. It only takes max 1 1/2 hour from your time.

You can tell me if you're going to sign up for the new secret event next Tuesday here: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/secret-fun-event-2-tuesday-10th-august-2021.206124/
Even though this is a made up track I really like it. Must have seemed like slow motion racing on a big wide track.

I wonder whether the GT3 pack can visit this fantasy track some day?

I wonder whether the GT3 pack can visit this fantasy track some day?
That's fine by me. It will be great for the multiclass Audi/Mazda also.
@Interslice From September 22nd we will not have any of the F1 circuits at S.GP for the rest of the season. We can do it then.

I'd never done a race on Black Cat County, but I do remember doing a 60's GT race around Highlands that was absolutely incredible. I'm sure we can find something that would work great around these fantasy layouts.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back