AC Mystery Event #3, Tuesday 24th August 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Out of curiosity, did a lap in the Audi:
1629837269113.png

I'd say the cars were pretty similar :p

Thanks everyone for joining tonight. I hope you all had fun.
My apologies for not seeing that the Audi didn't have enough fuel capacity for the event. Another thing to remember for future events.
Very glad that someone did see it so we could agree on a mandatory pitstop for all.

I don't know if and when I'm going to organize a next Mystery event. I'm currently working on a vintage 'Back to the sixties' championship that also will take place on Tuesdays (probably). Most likely with the Alfa Romeo GTA and the Porsche 718 Spyder on tracks from that era.

See you next time on track!

Out of curiosity, did a lap in the Audi:
View attachment 498272

I'd say the cars were pretty similar :p
Thanks Enzo. When setting up this event my best laptime was with the Audi but I found it harder to drive and to be consistent with it. But after qually I was afraid that I had it wrong and the GT86 would be superior over the Audi.

So I think that the Audi is the best car when driven by aliens and the GT86 is better for humans.
To all participants: do you agree with this statement? I'd like to know for future events to use the same cars again.
It's hard to find combo's with different cars of equal performance. It takes a lot of time to find them so I'm building up a database with successful matches.

Oh, great :(

You did an event with the GT86 (my personal car) and I wasn´t in it :cry:.

Damn, maybe I should take a chance more often.

MFG Carsten
Yes, you don't know the cars upfront in a Mystery event. I know that @Kek700 is hoping for the Skippy someday that's why he never misses a secret event :p .

Just wanted to say, first mystery event for me and it was a blast!!

drove a car (S1) for the first time on a track I never drove on, this is a great way of experiencing cars and tracks you would never normally get a chance to drive :thumbsup:

Hope to make the next one, although I am looking forward to the vintage championship :)

So I think that the Audi is the best car when driven by aliens and the GT86 is better for humans.
To all participants: do you agree with this statement?
Excellent question - I must give the S1 a try for fun. Note that Enzo appeared to match his GT86 time with very few laps... implying the S1 is indeed quicker in the right hands (mine are definitely human hands tho!).
2,5 s faster so that makes him an alien too
Kind of you, but hell no ;)
I have my moments, and I was amazed to be kinda keeping up with Enzo, but I am familiar with the track and the car (maybe not the actual combo, can't recall) and the track is sufficiently odd that this is a big bonus...

I had a go in the S1. (Probably spent longer at it than I should have done, given how short last night's qually session was, but don't tell anyone.)
Took me rather longer than Enzo to get it right! After a few laps I was in the low 28s, but with a scruffy lap. A low 27 came a few laps after that and then a mid 26. (I'm pretty certain Enzo would put it into the 25s with a bit more effort.)
As promised, it really did handle very differently (felt more like a FWD than AWD to me).. Also, it seemed a lot harder on its tyres than the Toyota, so maybe not faster over a race distance. Much more tail happy, and probably more fun too :)
All in all, more power and less grip is how it felt but I didn't compare the paper stats for the cars.

I had a go in the S1. (Probably spent longer at it than I should have done, given how short last night's qually session was, but don't tell anyone.)
Took me rather longer than Enzo to get it right! After a few laps I was in the low 28s, but with a scruffy lap. A low 27 came a few laps after that and then a mid 26. (I'm pretty certain Enzo would put it into the 25s with a bit more effort.)
As promised, it really did handle very differently (felt more like a FWD than AWD to me).. Also, it seemed a lot harder on its tyres than the Toyota, so maybe not faster over a race distance. Much more tail happy, and probably more fun too :)
All in all, more power and less grip is how it felt but I didn't compare the paper stats for the cars.
It didn't necessarily feel like less grip to me. It felt like mid corner speeds were quite similar, although I didn't record any data to back this up! :) The 'issue' is the understeer on power though and while we're comparing, the GT86 has incredibly high entry speeds (for a roadcar).

Like you said, the Audi felt more FWD than AWD. As far as I know, it's a 60/40 torque split, but all the weight is on the front and with a pretty open roadcar diff, this means that in practice, it's probably more biased to the front than that.

I think the GT86 was reasonably close here because it's a fast, flowing track. On a track with more slow speed corners and acceleration zones, the difference to the Audi will be bigger.

I think the GT86 was reasonably close here because it's a fast, flowing track. On a track with more slow speed corners and acceleration zones, the difference to the Audi will be bigger.
That's correct. I've tried both cars on a few other tracks but found this one to have the most even pace.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%