Myers-Briggs test, personality test

Ahhh...& there I was thinking it was due to the threat of 'Tenacious D' type "mind bullets":roflmao:
Back to reality though (well, at least a step closer.....)
I'll have a crack at the test in a few days, I've been getting back into BTB (hmmm-bit of 'lock-on' maybe...) the last week or so with a couple of old projects as well as starting yet another one....
Can't go stopping now besides a brief post or 3 between Export & testing while I re-pack files!;):D

BTW, 'BTB lock-on' seems the best way for me to avoid thinking about ciggies of a night while I try to quit.........
............AGAIN!
(I hate quitting ANYTHING!:( )

BTW, 'BTB lock-on' seems the best way for me to avoid thinking about ciggies of a night while I try to quit.........
............AGAIN!
(I hate quitting ANYTHING!:( )

Stop right there. Don't need to take that test, Lee, I know what you are: :p an INTP, we hate quitting, ahahah.

Interesting article, related to what we talked here...

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-08-self-awareness-humans-complex-diffuse-previously.html

Sneak peek:

Self-awareness in humans is more complex, diffuse than previously thought.

Researchers at the University of Iowa studied the brain of a patient with rare, severe damage to three regions long considered integral to self-awareness in humans (from left to right: the insular cortex, anterior cingulate cortex, and the medial prefrontal cortex).

Based on the scans, the UI team believes self-awareness is a product of a diffuse patchwork of pathways in the brain rather than confined to specific areas.

Ancient Greek philosophers considered the ability to "know thyself" as the pinnacle of humanity. Now, thousands of years later, neuroscientists are trying to decipher precisely how the human brain constructs our sense of self.

Self-awareness is defined as being aware of oneself, including one's traits, feelings, and behaviors. Neuroscientists have believed that three brain regions are critical for self-awareness: the insular cortex, the anterior cingulate cortex, and the medial prefrontal cortex. However, a research team led by the University of Iowa has challenged this theory by showing that self-awareness is more a product of a diffuse patchwork of pathways in the brain – including other regions – rather than confined to specific areas.

Read more at: http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-08-self-awareness-humans-complex-diffuse-previously.html#jCp

William Gibson, Peter Hamilton, Catherine Azaro, R.M. Meluch and Mellisa Scott are wonderful science-fiction writers (please folks, read them) that have long been proposing future societies with extensive alterations to both the body and the brain.

Manga/Anime wise, the best example of these extensions to the brain is Ghost in the Shell (particularly the series, where everything is further explored).

I doubt NOT that this will happen in the next 50 years. Problem is: given the current state of our mad capitalistic societies, whoever has more money will (like in GITS) gather more computing power in the brain, more capabilities, more memory, etc, thereby increasing the abyss between rich&healthy&smarter to the rest of the world.

Sad, no?

For Sci-Fi writers on the subject altering the human mind, then there's one important one you forgot to mention....
Isaac Asimov & in particular his Foundation series.

You're referring to psycohistory and the use of the Radiant.

Ok, augmentation of the abilities of human minds is part of that too. You're right.

Never read the whole series, though. Maybe one of these days. :)

Here are my results; I hope you guys can see them:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/hr/JTypesResult.aspx

My results are below if no one could see the link:

Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test™
Your Type
ENFJ
Extravert(11%) iNtuitive(50%) iNtuitive Feeling(38%) Judging(56%)
  • You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

Interesting, maybe... or. Humm.

ENFJ​
Extravert(11%) iNtuitive(12%) iNtuitive Feeling(62%) Judging(11%)
  • You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)​
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)​
  • You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)​
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)​

Famous ENFJs:

David, King of Israel
U.S. Presidents:
Abraham Lincoln
Ronald Reagan
Barack Obama

William Cullen Bryant, poet
Abraham Maslow, psychologist and proponent of self-actualization
Ross Perot
Sean Connery
Elizabeth Dole
Francois Mitterand
Dick Van Dyke
Andy Griffith
James Garner
William Aramony, former president of United Way
Gene Hackman (Superman, Antz)
Dennis Hopper (Speed)
Brenda Vaccaro
Craig T. Nelson (Coach)
Diane Sawyer (Good Morning America)
Randy Quaid (Bye Bye, Love; Independence Day)
Tommy Lee Jones (The Fugitive)
Kirstie Alley ("Cheers," Look Who's Talking movies)
Michael Jordan, NBA basketball player
Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Oprah Winfrey
Bob Saget America's Funniest Home Videos, Full House
Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("Seinfeld")
Ben Stiller (The Royal Tenenbaums)
Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts quarterback
Matthew McConaughey (The Wedding Planner)
Pete Sampras, Tennis Champion
Lauren Graham ("Gilmore Girls")
Ben Affleck (The Sum Of All Fears)
John Cusack (High Fidelity)

Reagan, Obama, Jordan... Good mix.

Oh!

"ENFJs are people-focused individuals. They live in the world of people possibilities. More so than any other type, they have excellent people skills. They understand and care about people, and have a special talent for bringing out the best in others. ENFJ's main interest in life is giving love, support, and a good time to other people. They are focused on understanding, supporting, and encouraging others. They make things happen for people, and get their best personal satisfaction from this.

Because ENFJ's people skills are so extraordinary, they have the ability to make people do exactly what they want them to do. They get under people's skins and get the reactions that they are seeking. ENFJ's motives are usually unselfish, but ENFJs who have developed less than ideally have been known to use their power over people to manipulate them."
Bold is very true, the second... I wish was true! :p

"ENFJs have a special gift with people, and are basically happy people when they can use that gift to help others. They get their best satisfaction from serving others. Their genuine interest in Humankind and their exceptional intuitive awareness of people makes them able to draw out even the most reserved individuals.
ENFJs have a strong need for close, intimate relationships, and will put forth a lot of effort in creating and maintaining these relationships. They're very loyal and trustworthy once involved in a relationship."
:D

And, woah, this was an ugly looking post!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%