My WIP Projects

I don't think that I will be able to deliver so much quality content like @AndreasFSC, well, I honestly even don't know if I will ever release any of my projects. Still my projects may inspire others and help them getting started with their own projects.
Race07 is already an old game, but it's interesting to mod as it's pretty easy because there are no fancy shaders or techniques required and you can get pretty nice and fun results really quick. Also the game works well on old hardware (easy access) and even running the game in Linux through Steam Proton is possible (that's what I do most of the time when playing).

So, in the spirit of @AndreasFSC 's thread here let me start with a list of things I would like to do some day and projects that I already started. I will copy and update the list in following posts.
  • WIP: BMW 320 TC CUP
    • based on the WTCC 2011 model that I worked on years ago - time flies!
  • WIP: GTCC 2013
    • think of WTCC but based in Germany and organized by the ADAC, using a couple of touring cars from the same and previous years, all smaller private teams, no works-teams
  • WIP: Race07 UI rework/update
    • until now I did some quick tests, but they worked out pretty well
      • I changed the order of menus, e.g. now when clicking on "Race Event" you are forwarded to "Class Select" instead of "Track Select"
      • I removed a couple of (now) useless entries from the Main Menu, e.g. Communities
    • I found evidence that there is or was a UI builder, probably the same feature as in rFactor (and rFactor 2), but I found no way to enable it (yet)
      • in rFactor you can press CTRL+D (if my mind is not playing games on me) and would be able to move UI elements and save the changes to the OSC files
  • IDEA: "Race07 Remastered"
    • a working title for an already old idea: Bring Race07 to new glory with a mod collection and a lot of other tweaks to bring the game to new live (kinda inspired by @GTR233 's amazing GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH and GTR2 HQ MODS COLLECTION)
  • IDEA: Seat Toledo Supercopa
    • based on the WTCC 2006 Seat Toledo Cupra MK2, inspired by the Seat Leon Supercopa series
  • IDEA: Update my "Toyota Corolla Cup" with some visual improvements (like @AndreasFSC 's Tiny Tweaks)
  • IDEA: Update my "VW Polo Challenge" with some visual improvements (like @AndreasFSC 's Tiny Tweaks)
  • IDEA: European TC2000
    • imagine a couple of the European touring cars transformed into TC2000 like cars - some fancy bodyworks and high power engines - wouldn't that be great!?

Last edited:
Guess it's time for an update here during this weekend, hm?!
Just leaving this here for now, a new idea, unfortunately :whistling:
render_01.jpg

(excuse the bad and dark render setup, was just a quick one to get the car in Blender and to start drafting my ideas :roflmao: will definitely make a better render later!)

Was innocently browsing through Pinterest the other day and suddenly a Alfa 75 popped up with some cool bodywork. That screamed after me and I though this could make a good cup car. Also I believe the Alfa 75 in Race actually has some granny look to it, and I thought this has to be changed. Anyway, don't know where this will end but we'll see! :roflmao:

Update on my WIP projects (excluded new/old ideas for now):
    • done some clean-up, made the car standalone, and did some first menu logos
    • still not sure if I keep the original rearwing, rims, and mirrors, but probably will at least replace the rearwing and rims
    • nothing new yet
    • stopped my work on an UI rework for now - will review others work first and may rather contribute to those
  • WIP: European TC2000
    • work on the Audi TC2000 continued; added a first quick draft of a wing and sidemirros, did some further tuning of the body and closed some gaps here and there (not completed yet); the bodywork does look this way right now:
      render_2021-02-14-02.png

Looking good

how’s the European TC2000 idea going?
I think that would be amazing if they look like the Audi on page 1 of this thread
See above :whistling: That's the Audi for now, don't know if I will be able to do more than one or two cars in a reasonable time. At least will try to get the Audi on the virtual road in two to three months from now.

• still not sure if I keep the original rearwing, rims, and mirrors, but probably will at least replace the rearwing and rims (now am using the ATS rims I originally made for the Cruze in 2013 for the WTCC2013 mod)
    • will leave you with these two quick shots and "may release a first public beta soon™)
      capture_2021-02-21_00-27-02.jpg

capture_2021-02-21_00-27-49.jpg
    • no update
    • no update
  • WIP: European TC2000
    • no update

I might have missed it, but will you use s2000 tc specs and physics?
Honestly, I didn't mention anything about it yet. I will probably first start with the original physics from the WTCC2012/13 mod. However, I haven't yet clarified if I will need to get permission first (also applies to the car model itself). That's what I need to do first before releasing anything ;)

You changed the selection order from track > car to car > track.
I think you made it by replacing DoPage links in the menu. (?)

I am trying to do something simpler, but it seems to be very hard.
I added two buttons on the main menu screen:
> Recent car
> Recent track

They display the last used car and track image, but
The sequence is missing one more button
> Start
This button should go directly to the Loading Page, but it fails. The game doesn't know which track to load.
Maybe you know what I am missing.

Last edited:
You changed the selection order from track > car to car > track.
I think you made it by replacing DoPage links in the menu. (?)

I am trying to do something simpler, but it seems to be very hard.
I added two buttons on the main menu screen:
> Recent car
> Recent track

They display the last used car and track image, but
The sequence is missing one more button
> Start
This button should go directly to the Loading Page, but it fails. The game doesn't know which track to load.
Maybe you know what I am missing.
You might have to start the race from the race settings page. There are a lot of programing and game modes connected to the Ui in the background.

Yes that's how it is for most people I guess!
Just had a look at your nice rfactor2 skin/concept art. As mentioned before by many people Race07 deserves a remaster. Maybe it will never happen, but if it could, would you like to make concept art for the UI? I would suggest something more modern than the old game menu, but still with some inspiration from it.

Oh, absolutely!
I do like the UI design or principle of titles such as Forza Motorsport, F1, or even Fifa and those actually were my inspiration for the rF2 drafts I posted before. However, I'm not sure if that is the direction a R07 remaster should go!? ;)

I absolutely agree, reusing colors and some original artwork is needed to maintain the identity and character of the game. That's basically what I've learned when working my way through different drafts for my rF2 UI rework (see below). I believe that helps to make a good UI :cool:
rf2ui_journey.png
Anyway, I don't know when but I will definitely draft something for Race07 :thumbsup: (and don't be afraid, I know what the UI is technically capable of, so I won't draft anything impossible).

On another note, here are some screenshots of the A4. Not much changed but probably most notable the double exhaust changed. Still don't know what to do regarding the splitter (now is not really according to those of TC2000).
Auswahl_077.png Auswahl_076.png

Beyond that, I've started some basic design of the BMW. Wanted to create a design that looks officially BMW-ish and can be used in multiple colors to fill the grid and make it look somehow like a single make cup. Don't know if that really works out well or if I have to change the design later on (suggestions or ideas are welcome :thumbsup:)
BMW_320si_Body_2011_Cup_template preview.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years