My WIP Projects

I don't think that I will be able to deliver so much quality content like @AndreasFSC, well, I honestly even don't know if I will ever release any of my projects. Still my projects may inspire others and help them getting started with their own projects.
Race07 is already an old game, but it's interesting to mod as it's pretty easy because there are no fancy shaders or techniques required and you can get pretty nice and fun results really quick. Also the game works well on old hardware (easy access) and even running the game in Linux through Steam Proton is possible (that's what I do most of the time when playing).

So, in the spirit of @AndreasFSC 's thread here let me start with a list of things I would like to do some day and projects that I already started. I will copy and update the list in following posts.
  • WIP: BMW 320 TC CUP
    • based on the WTCC 2011 model that I worked on years ago - time flies!
  • WIP: GTCC 2013
    • think of WTCC but based in Germany and organized by the ADAC, using a couple of touring cars from the same and previous years, all smaller private teams, no works-teams
  • WIP: Race07 UI rework/update
    • until now I did some quick tests, but they worked out pretty well
      • I changed the order of menus, e.g. now when clicking on "Race Event" you are forwarded to "Class Select" instead of "Track Select"
      • I removed a couple of (now) useless entries from the Main Menu, e.g. Communities
    • I found evidence that there is or was a UI builder, probably the same feature as in rFactor (and rFactor 2), but I found no way to enable it (yet)
      • in rFactor you can press CTRL+D (if my mind is not playing games on me) and would be able to move UI elements and save the changes to the OSC files
  • IDEA: "Race07 Remastered"
    • a working title for an already old idea: Bring Race07 to new glory with a mod collection and a lot of other tweaks to bring the game to new live (kinda inspired by @GTR233 's amazing GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH and GTR2 HQ MODS COLLECTION)
  • IDEA: Seat Toledo Supercopa
    • based on the WTCC 2006 Seat Toledo Cupra MK2, inspired by the Seat Leon Supercopa series
  • IDEA: Update my "Toyota Corolla Cup" with some visual improvements (like @AndreasFSC 's Tiny Tweaks)
  • IDEA: Update my "VW Polo Challenge" with some visual improvements (like @AndreasFSC 's Tiny Tweaks)
  • IDEA: European TC2000
    • imagine a couple of the European touring cars transformed into TC2000 like cars - some fancy bodyworks and high power engines - wouldn't that be great!?

Last edited:
Dunno, can you see what I did here!?

Attachments

• 2020-11-23 Race07_MainMenu.png
    2020-11-23 Race07_MainMenu.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 127
ok, I forgot about the blue curved element to the left in that ui :whistling:
I also use different themes for my Race 07 installs (standard, super touring and GT) so I remember which I use for the moment :roflmao:

Let's talk about that: Any wishes from your side regarding the UI skin?
I'm actually thinking of a little more modern skin but maybe also about some little reorganization. A lot seems possible at least ;)
I think it would be cool if you made a german mod with bmw mercedes audi (your GTCC idea) and a nice white/yellow /red /black menu theme to that maybe? And choosing car first, track second is more logical, I agree

I think it would be cool if you made a german mod with bmw mercedes audi (your GTCC idea) and a nice white/yellow /red /black menu theme to that maybe? And choosing car first, track second is more logical, I agree
Will definitely think about that ;) However, I was thinking of a more general theme that may give the game a more modern look (something like ACC or other games have, of course with less effects as we don't have that many options here).

Regarding the menu order, the game's normal menu order is as follows:
Track > Class > Manufacturer > Car & Driver > Realism Settings

I changed it to the following order now:
Class > Manufacturer > Car & Driver > Track > Realism Settings

With the track selection as the penultimate step it feels more natural, but I'm not sure if the "Realism Settings" should be the last one. Also I'm thinking about changing the whole behavior to a more non-serial way as we are used to from other games: Having "Class > Manufacturer > Car & Driver" and "Track" and "Realism Settings" accessible as individual items from the same menu. From each of these sub-pages you can then either go back to the previous menu or go to track directly. At least that would make sense to me because I often want to drive a different car on the same track or vice versa, and I don't want to go through all the menus again and again. Or is there any other opinion about this?

The following is an UI that I drafted for rFactor2 back in 2015 - it actually "worked" (not everything and without any visual effects in most cases) and back than rFactor2 was still based on the same OSC principles like Race07 or other games that are based on the same engine from ISI. Dunno, but I would believe that something similar can be achieved with the Race07 UI :O_o:

Splash screen or landing page:
150522_001_start.png
Main menu:
150522_002_main.png
Session screen:
150522_003_ingame.png

The following is an UI that I drafted for rFactor2 back in 2015 - it actually "worked" (not everything and without any visual effects in most cases) and back than rFactor2 was still based on the same OSC principles like Race07 or other games that are based on the same engine from ISI. Dunno, but I would believe that something similar can be achieved with the Race07 UI :O_o:

Splash screen or landing page:
View attachment 422352
Main menu:
View attachment 422353
Session screen:
View attachment 422354

Your draft from back then looks better than what S397 have got going now. Damn! :inlove:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 289 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%