My thoughts of RFactor so far..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
As soon as I got RFactor I was looking forward to lots of cool mods and races.

(Rant Mode on) It loaded it up and entered my name and stuff. Then it said pick a class and car before I I did anything. So I did and was confused by all the names and classes (Hammer6 etc.) Then I chose a track and other classes. I loaded up the game, added a few more AI and then left the garage. I was stunned at how bad the graphics were and how poor the car felt. I have seen lots of unedited screenshots of RFactor and this was no where near that level of quality. I immediately quit the game and looked at the screenshots again just to make sure it was RFactor. It was...

So I thought it was the cubemaps that make that huge difference but on one thread it showed before/after and the before was still miles better than my graphics. I know the answer is probably something simple like see that big red button in the bottom right corner called better graphics, push that!

Im sure the game itself is good and the graphics are too but Im sure they cant be as bad as they were for me :) (Rant mode off)

• Andrew Evans

ross - have you tried running rFactor config.exe in your main install dir (c:\program files\rfactor)..?. that's what tim is talking about - you should check your settings there first...

Here are my settings

Attachments

• rfactor help.jpg
    rfactor help.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 320
  • Andrew Evans

whoa dude!

ok - that's your problem...

firstly you want it at dx9 and your resolution is as low as it can go - bump it as high as your machine can handle.... :bananamario:

Ross,

I know the menus can be a little bit confusing to start with - but give it a little time and you'll soon be zooming around them no problem.

And the DX7 thing - yeah, dude, seriously, DX9 is what you want - the difference will be huge.. :D

And for the FFB - I would recommend the RealFeel plugin - it completely changes how the cars feel, being a representation of what the steering rack is feeling, transmitted straight to your FFB wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back