DiRT Rally 2.0 My T300 FFB settings

In case anybody is interested, here are my FFB settings for DR2 on the T300 which I'm pretty satisfied with (see more below):

%7BB1427B82-8055-4C31-9F1F-9E6E6C09C76C%7D.png

%7B209E3FD6-27DC-4BCC-A099-9785115D5E89%7D.png

dirtrally2_2019_03_09_01_45_49_070.png

dirtrally2_2019_03_09_01_47_59_721.png

dirtrally2_2019_08_15_00_46_19_482.png

(Updated the image for the current state of the FFB in the game.)

Please note that if you raise the FFB gain on a T300 beyond the default 75 %, you really should be using the forced fan mode that keeps the fan running at all times (then again you should probably be using that mode even when not raising the gain).

I am using soft lock with the wheel set to 1080 degrees, but I have the driver hands disabled and only the virtual wheel is shown, because if I enable driver hands, the virtual wheel rotation doesn't match the real wheel (a bug, I assume).

As for the FFB settings themselves, they don't transform the FFB significantly, so the road noise is still quite low in the mix, but it is definitely there. I'm not a fan of those supposed XML "fixes", because from what I've tried, they introduce more issues than they solve (and I can come up with several reasons of why I think that is the result), no matter how you tweak them. I also have no problem feeling the suspension, wheel grip and all that without them (even though it definitely varies between cars - as it should). I would like the wheel friction to be higher for the wheel to not be as loose, but it seems to also hide detail in the FFB if you raise it, so I keep it low.

I'd certainly like the road detail to come out a bit more in the FFB, but other than that, I am very satisfied with how the FFB is and I think it's up there with the best and certainly far from "broken", "unplayable" or "non-existent", to quote a few descriptions I've seen. It is very nuanced and detailed, it just doesn't hit you over the head with the information it provides.

Last edited:
Finally decided to try DR 2.0. I'm using your settings on my trusty old DFGT and overall it feels good, only at high speed straight lines the wheel is very light. Maybe steering saturation can help? Or the old trick with 106% in logi profiler?

Finally decided to try DR 2.0. I'm using your settings on my trusty old DFGT and overall it feels good, only at high speed straight lines the wheel is very light. Maybe steering saturation can help? Or the old trick with 106% in logi profiler?
Yeah your dfgt has some deadzone and dirt rally sadly doesn't have any anti-deadzone settings (like minimum ffb).
So putting the profiler to 106% will work like 6% minimum force.
You will get some clipping, but in my opinion that's worth it to feel more when going straight and fast!

Yeah your dfgt has some deadzone and dirt rally sadly doesn't have any anti-deadzone settings (like minimum ffb).
You will get some clipping, but in my opinion that's worth it to feel more when going straight and fast!
You're absolutely right I already tried and it does help, but what I realized is that tuning the car gives better feel too, so combination of 106% in profiler and some tuning gives satisfying results.

My old DFGT had very little FFB deadzone, almost non-existent. DFGT shouldn't really suffer from this issue, unlike the G25/27/29 wheels, because it only has one motor, whereas the "higher-end" wheels have two, which is the main reason why they have the deadzone (Logitech did that intentionally).

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back