DiRT Rally 2.0 My T300 FFB settings

In case anybody is interested, here are my FFB settings for DR2 on the T300 which I'm pretty satisfied with (see more below):

%7BB1427B82-8055-4C31-9F1F-9E6E6C09C76C%7D.png

%7B209E3FD6-27DC-4BCC-A099-9785115D5E89%7D.png

dirtrally2_2019_03_09_01_45_49_070.png

dirtrally2_2019_03_09_01_47_59_721.png

dirtrally2_2019_08_15_00_46_19_482.png

(Updated the image for the current state of the FFB in the game.)

Please note that if you raise the FFB gain on a T300 beyond the default 75 %, you really should be using the forced fan mode that keeps the fan running at all times (then again you should probably be using that mode even when not raising the gain).

I am using soft lock with the wheel set to 1080 degrees, but I have the driver hands disabled and only the virtual wheel is shown, because if I enable driver hands, the virtual wheel rotation doesn't match the real wheel (a bug, I assume).

As for the FFB settings themselves, they don't transform the FFB significantly, so the road noise is still quite low in the mix, but it is definitely there. I'm not a fan of those supposed XML "fixes", because from what I've tried, they introduce more issues than they solve (and I can come up with several reasons of why I think that is the result), no matter how you tweak them. I also have no problem feeling the suspension, wheel grip and all that without them (even though it definitely varies between cars - as it should). I would like the wheel friction to be higher for the wheel to not be as loose, but it seems to also hide detail in the FFB if you raise it, so I keep it low.

I'd certainly like the road detail to come out a bit more in the FFB, but other than that, I am very satisfied with how the FFB is and I think it's up there with the best and certainly far from "broken", "unplayable" or "non-existent", to quote a few descriptions I've seen. It is very nuanced and detailed, it just doesn't hit you over the head with the information it provides.

Last edited:
(Dirt Rally (and rally games in general) are probably the only racing games I am kinda OK with my pace in ;) I mean I'm not lightning fast and I'm still way behind the top guys, but still, at least on a good day, I think I can hold my own.)

Same here. A buddy is getting into Dirt Rally with me, in circuit racers like AC or Raceroom he's always about a second a lap faster than me. But I started my sim career on the Colin McRae series and kinda drive a rally car every day so I'm pretty comfortable in the game and so far I've had a slight leg up on him in DR, I suspect that won't last but it's nice to know we're on somewhat even ground for once.

Found DR2.0 Deluxe for $32 on Humble so I finally had a go last night. Kinda shocked at how different it is from the first game, not good or bad, just different. The physics and weight of the car are quite a bit nicer, it seems to behave much better on tarmac, but it does certainly feel like they left part of the FFB out. The FFB feels nice, I just didn't feel squat from road surface, which is strange because I can feel it in DR1. Codies gonna be Codies I guess. I'll tinker with my settings some more because what I used in DR1 doesn't seem to work as well in 2.0, but from what I've been reading there's nothing we can really do to get the road surface feeling back. Still impressed and pleased overall though, at least so far..

Note that most of the "road feel" in DR1 is simply a fake rumble (just like what WRC8 is currently doing).

I get plenty of road feel in DR2 with my settings, and unlike DR1, it is not fake (so it also kinda depends on country and/or stage degradation).

Eh, I'd take fake road feel over no road feel because it feels kinda disconcerting not being able to feel the tires connected to the road. I thinkered a bit over the weekend but I really get nothing from the road/tires, I can feel the suspension hitting every little bump and pebble but can't feel the tires digging into the dirt at all and on tarmac it kinda feels like driving on an air hockey table. But it's still a blast and overall feels pretty great.

(And I see I have the obligatory disagree from milord37 again. Dude, you really have a problem. Get help, Seriously. Following people around for weeks on end just because they said something you don't like and ostentatiously always disagreeing with them without ever actually participating in the discussion is not normal behavior.)

(And I see I have the obligatory disagree from milord37 again. Dude, you really have a problem. Get help, Seriously. Following people around for weeks on end just because they said something you don't like and ostentatiously always disagreeing with them without ever actually participating in the discussion is not normal behavior.)

Not to agree with you is my faculty, it is a tool of this forum.
I have answered you here in the hope that you can understand; you have no competence to say: this is false; this is true!
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wrc-8-vs-dr-2.173150/#post-3051354

Please, just express your opinions, not your "judgments"!

Please forgive my English

Not to agree with you is my faculty, it is a tool of this forum.
I have answered you here in the hope that you can understand; you have no competence to say: this is false; this is true!
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wrc-8-vs-dr-2.173150/#post-3051354

Please, just express your opinions, not your "judgments"!

First you said
I think it's safe to write opinions!

But then you said
I believe it is unfair to judge and recommend without possessing any competence!

So basically you're saying that only experts in the field can offer any opinions or recommendations? Then what point is there in having a discussion forum, since I doubt very very few people here are experts in racing? The line between opinion and judgement is extremely thin and I don't see that you have any qualifications to declare which one is acceptable on Race Department. @Martin Fiala has been very helpful in this thread and spent a lot of time gathering and providing information on this topic, and he's been a productive member of this forum for as long as I've been here. I, for one, thank him for his efforts.

it is right to express opinions
it is not right to pronounce judgment, sentence, verdict, without having any competence
The whole world thinks DR2's FFB is not good
@Martin Fiala says that instead the FFB of DR2 is good also says that it is much better than DR1
These are not opinions, these are not recommendations.
This is not the right way to help a community

it is not right to pronounce judgment, sentence, verdict, without having any competence

The whole world, huh? That sure sounds like you're pronouncing a judgement/sentence/verdict and speaking for 7 billion+ people. Could I double-check your sources on this "whole world" number? I think it may be a little high, which would lead me to question your competency on this matter.

:whistling:

The whole world, huh? That sure sounds like you're pronouncing a judgement/sentence/verdict and speaking for 7 billion+ people. Could I double-check your sources on this "whole world" number? I think it may be a little high, which would lead me to question your competency on this matter.

:whistling:
You are right! The whole world says that the DR2's FFB is very good and it is better for DR1
...confirms Martin

You are right! The whole world says that the DR2's FFB is very good and it is better for DR1
...confirms Martin

Surely there's some middle-ground between the whole world loves it and the whole world hates it? Personally I like it, the feeling of the tires hitting the road was better in DR1 but I think most everything else about the FFB is better in 2.0. Maybe I'm from a different world? Wouldn't be the first time that was suggested... :laugh:

it is right to express opinions
@Martin Fiala says that instead the FFB of DR2 is good also says that it is much better than DR1

Yes, @Martin Fiala is correct. The FFB in DR2 is good, not perfect but good enough to enjoy myself and much better than DR1.

OK, so if my opinions and recommendations are apparently not opinions and recommendations (because...reasons?), what are they? And how is sharing settings I find absolutely great and have spent hours tweaking not the right way to help a community? What is the right way to help community, then? Is endlessly pestering and actively driving away people who are simply trying to help those who might be interested the right way to help the community?

You're making no sense at all.

Also please enlighten me on what kind of competence someone must have to be allowed to judge force feedback settings in a video game in a post on an internet forum.

And the "whole world" comment is probably not even worth responding to I guess (he says as he responds to it...). But contrary to what some vocal and/or annoying members of the Dirt Rally community would like people to think, not everyone in the world shares their opinions or agrees with them. And the more they insist on it, the more they drive people away from the community.

And BTW, for all your talk about helping the community and sharing opinions, you *still* haven't posted anything even remotely useful related to the actual topic at hand. All you have done so far is let everyone repeatedly know you disagree with them.

Last edited:
OK, so if my opinions and recommendations are apparently not opinions and recommendations (because...reasons?), what are they? And how is sharing settings I find absolutely great and have spent hours tweaking not the right way to help a community? What is the right way to help community, then? Is endlessly pestering and actively driving away people who are simply trying to help those who might be interested the right way to help the community?

You're making no sense at all.

Also please enlighten me on what kind of competence someone must have to be allowed to judge force feedback settings in a video game in a post on an internet forum.

And the "whole world" comment is probably not even worth responding to I guess (he says as he responds to it...). But contrary to what some vocal and/or annoying members of the Dirt Rally community would like people to think, not everyone in the world shares their opinions or agrees with them. And the more they insist on it, the more they drive people away from the community.

And BTW, for all your talk about helping the community and sharing opinions, you *still* haven't posted anything even remotely useful related to the actual topic at hand. All you have done so far is let everyone repeatedly know you disagree with them.

Have to agree here. Never said FFB was terrific, just better than DR, which I can also confirm it is. That's not necessarily saying too much since DR FFB was poor, but it is a step in the right direction. Offering settings advice is also helpful, even if one doesn't have the same hardware or like the results.

It is a myth that you add extra damping by leaving the damper slider in your wheel's control panel at values above 0, even if it is left at the default 100 %. Unless the game is actively using the damper force, the slider has no effect on the perceived FFB.
Hey Martin, I'm sorry because my post will be mostly off topic, but I discovered something interesting: I was under the same impression as you regarding damper and spring force, so I left the values nearly at 100% since I purchased DR2.0. But lately, I was really struggling in rF2, something just didn't felt right, so I started to play around with the values... And it seems that damper force DOES affect the weight of the steering wheel in that title. It's a bit strange, because the steering force itself stays about the same, but yet the wheel feels lighter, I can rotate the car much quicker if I set the damper force to 0%. So now I'm a bit unsure again about what's the ultimate truth. I slightly miss the game-specific profile options from Logitech.:p

@balage06 Are you sure it's not just placebo? It can play a large part in such comparisons, making them highly unreliable without performing a true blind test.

I will try it when I can, but I'm quite doubtful of the results for this reason alone.

BTW, SimHub can more or less do game-specific profiles for TM wheels on supported games.

Hey Martin, I'm sorry because my post will be mostly off topic, but I discovered something interesting: I was under the same impression as you regarding damper and spring force, so I left the values nearly at 100% since I purchased DR2.0. But lately, I was really struggling in rF2, something just didn't felt right, so I started to play around with the values... And it seems that damper force DOES affect the weight of the steering wheel in that title. It's a bit strange, because the steering force itself stays about the same, but yet the wheel feels lighter, I can rotate the car much quicker if I set the damper force to 0%. So now I'm a bit unsure again about what's the ultimate truth. I slightly miss the game-specific profile options from Logitech.:p
Damper force in rF2 or in dirt rally 2.0?

In dirt it absolutely does make a difference but you should use the ingame weight sliders.
In rF2... Never checked it to be honest!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%