DiRT Rally 2.0 My T300 FFB settings

In case anybody is interested, here are my FFB settings for DR2 on the T300 which I'm pretty satisfied with (see more below):

%7BB1427B82-8055-4C31-9F1F-9E6E6C09C76C%7D.png

%7B209E3FD6-27DC-4BCC-A099-9785115D5E89%7D.png

dirtrally2_2019_03_09_01_45_49_070.png

dirtrally2_2019_03_09_01_47_59_721.png

dirtrally2_2019_08_15_00_46_19_482.png

(Updated the image for the current state of the FFB in the game.)

Please note that if you raise the FFB gain on a T300 beyond the default 75 %, you really should be using the forced fan mode that keeps the fan running at all times (then again you should probably be using that mode even when not raising the gain).

I am using soft lock with the wheel set to 1080 degrees, but I have the driver hands disabled and only the virtual wheel is shown, because if I enable driver hands, the virtual wheel rotation doesn't match the real wheel (a bug, I assume).

As for the FFB settings themselves, they don't transform the FFB significantly, so the road noise is still quite low in the mix, but it is definitely there. I'm not a fan of those supposed XML "fixes", because from what I've tried, they introduce more issues than they solve (and I can come up with several reasons of why I think that is the result), no matter how you tweak them. I also have no problem feeling the suspension, wheel grip and all that without them (even though it definitely varies between cars - as it should). I would like the wheel friction to be higher for the wheel to not be as loose, but it seems to also hide detail in the FFB if you raise it, so I keep it low.

I'd certainly like the road detail to come out a bit more in the FFB, but other than that, I am very satisfied with how the FFB is and I think it's up there with the best and certainly far from "broken", "unplayable" or "non-existent", to quote a few descriptions I've seen. It is very nuanced and detailed, it just doesn't hit you over the head with the information it provides.

Last edited:
@Patricio Quevedo I honestly can't tell you how well it carries over to G29. I would think it more or less should, but I could be wrong. And I think I saw some mentions G29 drivers don't even have damper anymore, so some of the FFB might be completely missing there.

But there's little risk in trying.
I tested this setup, it works great on the g29!
you need to add this line (ffb_force="1.0" ffb_friction="1.0") at the device_defines file to fix the damper, and personal preference but I use this logitech software setting
upload_2019-4-28_16-16-2.png

That's completely pointless, given that those are default values for your wheel anyway. And what do you even mean by "fix the damper"?
in the file that line is not included, the original line is
name="lg_g29" priority="100" type="wheel" />
and what im suggesting is that ppl let it like this
name="lg_g920" priority="100" type="wheel" ffb_force="1.0" ffb_friction="1.0" />
it feels better with that, idk what damper means but when I used the line there were a lot of new details on the ffb so im assuming that thats the missing damper

in the file that line is not included, the original line is
name="lg_g920" priority="100" type="wheel" ffb_force="1.0" ffb_friction="1.0" />
it feels better with that, idk what damper means but when I used the line there were a lot of new details on the ffb so im assuming that thats the missing damper
What you did was raising the overall ffb by 11% from 0.9 to 1.0 and fixing the default friction value.
So you have basically just ramped up every slider by 11%, which results in more bumps but might also induce clipping (and then cut of details) and the friction makes the ingame sliders useless afaik.
Why exactly do you use 2% generic centering spring btw?
Sorry if you feel like we're harsh. It's just that a looooot of people do some stuff, hype all over the Internet about their either technically totally failed or placebo settings and get more attention and appreciation than people like Martin and me who actually have a lot of knowledge about this stuff and could preach and repeat all day without hope of progression... :roflmao:

What you did was raising the overall ffb by 11% from 0.9 to 1.0 and fixing the default friction value.
So you have basically just ramped up every slider by 11%, which results in more bumps but might also induce clipping (and then cut of details) and the friction makes the ingame sliders useless afaik.
Why exactly do you use 2% generic centering spring btw?
Sorry if you feel like we're harsh. It's just that a looooot of people do some stuff, hype all over the Internet about their either technically totally failed or placebo settings and get more attention and appreciation than people like Martin and me who actually have a lot of knowledge about this stuff and could preach and repeat all day without hope of progression... :roflmao:
yeah mate no problem, I use the 2% couse it gives the feeling of the wheel wanting to keep straight (at least that is what I read) but I use that low couse I dont want it to mess with the ffb, is more of a constant force of the wheel wanting to go to the middle but is pretty slightly (as a car would do), I used 10% but I started to get tired quick (need to go to the gym xd)

yeah mate no problem, I use the 2% couse it gives the feeling of the wheel wanting to keep straight (at least that is what I read) but I use that low couse I dont want it to mess with the ffb, is more of a constant force of the wheel wanting to go to the middle but is pretty slightly (as a car would do), I used 10% but I started to get tired quick (need to go to the gym xd)
The game's own self aligning torque does exactly the same, just physically based and not just a static spring. 2% might be low enough to still feel good but things like a very slightly tilted/cambered straight, where the center position moves a little while you're still keeping the wheel straight will be unrealistically negated by the center spring.
It's ment for games without ffb, similar to a cheap pc wheel that only bounces back to center on rubber bands.

Yes, and that's exactly what I'm talking about. You're literally not achieving anything by doing that. The default value for ffb_force and ffb_friction is 1.0, so by adding those two parameters to the line, you're just spelling out the exact same settings that are already in effect.
So if you feel a difference by adding those, it's almost certainly a placebo. Unless there are some other defaults for these depending on the wheel that are not mentioned in that XML file.

He didn't even do that, see above.

Last edited:
The game's own self aligning torque does exactly the same, just physically based and not just a static spring. 2% might be low enough to still feel good but things like a very slightly tilted/cambered straight, where the center position moves a little while you're still keeping the wheel straight will be unrealistically negated by the center spring.
It's ment for games without ffb, similar to a cheap pc wheel that only bounces back to center on rubber bands.
oh you re right, got it, so should I increase the self aligning torque and turn off the logitech stuff?

tried the settings today ,i likes that gives some more details of the surface ,but i didnt like the way the wheel reacts when returning to center or on turning ,you have to use more power ,and the wheel looks like its has power ,but i dont want that i just need the detail from the surface ,
i have to mention that i have the ts-pc and on the xml the values for this wheel are
name="tm_ts_pc" priority="100" type="wheel" ffb_force="0.9" ffb_friction="1.5" />

For those brave enough to dare my awkward attempts at utilizing human speech, here's a video with my first impressions on the FFB update, as well as my updated in-game setttings:

For the less brave ones, here are the settings I'm using after the update (all the rest is the same):

dirtrally2_2019_05_17_01_26_08_706.jpg

The suspension forces are usually sharp and hard into your wheel, that's how it does in real life. The updated self aligning torque I think it's clipping internally now, too much force, I cannot feel subtle grip loss that I felt before patch If you tune down it's the same but lower, the detail does not appear.

Also you are right, but why to use 20 wheel friccion?? 150 tyre fricction I have to test what that option does because I don't realy know what It affects truly, but wheel friccion if you have a t300 dont use any please, it's like you drive a truck a constant weight added to the wheel.

For those brave enough to dare my awkward attempts at utilizing human speech, here's a video with my first impressions on the FFB update, as well as my updated in-game setttings:
Thanks for posting and appreciate the video and I would agree with all that was said...even the cattle stop...lol...which is much better, not a strong. Mostly using your settings for my TS XW as a starting point but found I had to reduce the 'Suspension' down to 45 as the 'knocking' as you described in your video was still to strong for my liking...more than happy with this FFB update.

The suspension forces are usually sharp and hard into your wheel, that's how it does in real life.
That may very well be, I have no point of reference really, having never driven any of the cars in the game, but I still don't like how sharp the knocks are and would prefer them to be a bit smoothed out. And I still don't think they feel the way the feel in the game if you set them high enough. IRL, these things tend to always feel a bit dampened IMO.

The updated self aligning torque I think it's clipping internally now, too much force, I cannot feel subtle grip loss that I felt before patch If you tune down it's the same but lower, the detail does not appear.
I don't think the SAT was updated, because it feels the same to me, except that it was stronger and the reason for that was absolutely the change of the ffb multiplier for my wheel. I have no problems feeling grip loss, just like I had no problems feeling it before the update. But if you truly lost detail and you don't regain it by lowering the SAT, then I would say it is not due to clipping, because lowering a force that is clipping should absolutely bring the detail back in that case.

Also you are right, but why to use 20 wheel friccion?? 150 tyre fricction I have to test what that option does because I don't realy know what It affects truly, but wheel friccion if you have a t300 dont use any please, it's like you drive a truck a constant weight added to the wheel.
I use a bit of wheel friction because I happen to like it. I don't like having a wheel that's too loose. Though I'm not sure what you mean by "driving a truck with a constant weight added", that's not how I would describe the setting at all, the effect is fairly subtle in my experience, especially at such low settings. I would be using more than that, actually, but it felt to me like I was losing some of the tyre detail when I went higher, so I kept it lower.

Ok thanks, I mean a car wheel in movement usually does not have too much weight to it. And the non direct drive wheels already have a little of friccion built in, so I personally don't feel it really good. But if it's personal preference it's ok. The tyre friccion it's something more real when it comes to calibrate wheel forces. :D

Hmmm, I might be getting used to it a bit more, or there was some kind of change included in the update this morning (but supposedly it was just the Germany DLC files), but I did raise the suspension tonight to 85 and it felt more or less perfect, even if still a bit too sharp perhaps for my tastes. But not nearly as sharp as yesterday.
I won't be raising it any more, though, this is the exact amount of bumpiness from road I'd consider reasonable (even if perhaps not realistic). The heavily degraded Australian roads of tonight's dailies felt great.

(Also, on the side note, I noticed they fixed the cockpit view of the Fiesta R2 sometime during the past weeks, so that's also great, the car was basically undrivable as you couldn't see out of it.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back