My Summer Car Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
My Summer Car.jpg

Amistech Games have released another update for PC driving game My Summer Car, adding a number of new features and fixes to the title.

The update, released today (13.3.17), will automatically download the next time players start their Steam client. Much like the last patch released early February, Amistech have looked to deploy a nice mix of fixes to existing issues and the addition of new features.

Unlike the usual sim racing title updates no new tyre versions or trick suspension setups are in evidence here, however we can now do cool things like brew your own special brew beverage and store it in juice cans, sell said drink from your house, climb into boats you've previously fallen from and partake in life story conversations with certain individuals whom you offer a lift.

No one said My Summer Car was an ordinary game did they?!?!

You can read the full March 13th update changelog below:
  • New version of the "Push" system, should work better while being less glitchy (or not!)
  • Fixed issue where player was at risk of dying after riding with the drunk driver
  • Fixed issue where yellow car driver did not begin to drive
  • Fixed occasional double pricing of bought fuel
  • Force feedback should work for all vehicles now
  • Ability to brew Kilju and use Juice cans as storing containers
  • Ability to sell Kilju for the drunk lifter when he is at home
  • Drunk lifter now tells you his life story when you are giving him a ride
  • Player can now sleep on Satsuma rear seat
  • Added Intro
  • Swamp area makes your vehicles stuck now
  • Alternator and Oil filter cannot be moved by hand if Tool-mode is selected
  • Adjusted timing of Fleetari calling about his car
  • Fixed issue with Fleetari services repair time
  • Added longer rear coil springs as an option
  • Fixed bug where rear trail arms could be detached while wheels stayed in place
  • Fixed bug with some of the fluid indicators getting stuck when closing the caps
  • Added customizable rear window sticker
  • Fixed possible bus spawning issue
  • Disabling HUD (F2) now also disables the crosshair
  • When passing out at the cottage island, player will wake up at the cottage
  • Fixed bug where player was able to throttle and adjust mixture with detached carburettor
  • Player can now climb back on to the boat

About The Game

My Summer Car is the ultimate car owning, building, fixing, tuning, maintenance AND permadeath life survival simulator. You start the game with hundreds of loose parts and assemble both car and engine. Not only you need to maintain your car, but yourself as well. Sausages, beer and sleeping will do just fine.

If everything goes well, you have a working car which you can use for various 1990's Finnish countryside summer activities. Basically doing stupid things under influence of alcohol. After you have gathered extra money from various random jobs, you can start to tune and upgrade the car with parts ordered via snail mail. You can turn the car into a obnoxious bass-boom disco machine.... or into a rally car to participate rally competitions... or just fix it into perfect factory condition. Of course car also needs to pass the inspection or you might get into trouble with police.

Not only you have access to one car, but also several other cars and vehicles which you can use. (Mostly useful to get groceries and for towing the project car from some ditch, again).

Warning, this game is not for fainted heart. Severe car fever is required to play this properly due to it's autistic approach on car building.

• Full car assembly with over hundred parts
  • Detailed driving and engine simulation
  • Various other vehicles, cars and boat to use and drive
  • Dozens of kilometers worth of dirt and paved roads with AI traffic
  • Random paying jobs to cover food, beverage and fuel expenses
  • Rally event to participate in
  • Permanent death
  • Sauna bathing
  • 90's Finnish summer!
  • Support for steering wheel and shifter controllers
  • Much more!

My Summer Car is available to purchase exclusively on Windows PC via the Steam Network right now!

My Summer Car 2.jpg
My Summer Car 3.jpg
My Summer Car 4.jpg

Check out the My Summer Car sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep up to date with all the latest news regarding this quirky driving game. As is usually the case with these sub forums, we offer you a place to get together with your fellow community members and discuss the gaming experience, plus we have a growing collection of weird and wonderful mods for you to try in our downloads section. Pop in a say hello today!

Have you tried the new update, what are your impressions? Do you enjoy My Summer Car? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I like how they changed the loading screen to "Now loading year 1995"

Time to brew some Kilju! (and end up drinking it all in the process while weeing like a fountain in front of the annoying yellow car as I dump sewage on it at the same time)

I've played a friend's copy for several hours and wanted to beat my own brains out along with those of the devs.
Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic about how many new independent developers are cranking out automotive titles, but had I paid a dime, let alone fifteen dollars for something so poorly-executed, aggravating and just flat dumb, I'd want to slug somebody.
I wandered around a house for fifteen minutes trying to figure out why I was there and trying to quench the thirst the game insisted I had by five different methods, none of which worked, and I managed to lose an entire case of beer/soda by placing it in the fridge and get a bucket immovably stuck in the process. I managed to answer the telephone, and took on the task of delivering firewood. After discovering the pitiful state of my "project car" and learning that there was also a truck, I opened the door of the latter and damn near burned out the starter clicking on the ignition. While the truck finally started (I was now more than an hour into the game) I could not by any means enter the vehicle, let alone find any firewood. I quit shortly thereafter.
The concept is kinda cool. The development team has no idea what they're doing, or when it's appropriate to release a product-in-development. The controls suck. The graphics suck. The gameplay is excruciatingly irritating. The performance sucks, regardless of platform/capability. It's less appropriately called a 'game' as it would be a bad joke. One that takes fifteen bucks out of your pocket.​

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back