My Summer Car Anniversary Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
My Summer Car Updated 2 - DERSPER.jpg

One year on from its release to Steam Early Access, My Summer Car has received a sizable new celebratory update, adding plenty of weird new things to the quirky game...

To be honest I'm never really sure what to write about when a new update for this title appears on Steam, as the content is usually a bit outside of my traditional comfort zone. Rather than talking about new CPM tyre models, dynamic track features, extended career modes and the usual sort of stuff we talk about here at RaceDepartment, the new update for My Summer Car patches in things like the ability to drink toilet bowl water, tractor physics and stamina improvements courtesy of smoking cigarettes.. like I say, weird..

So without running on too much about nothing, I'll just leave you with the changelog details below.. .

Update Notes
  • Fixed bug with pikes not spawning correctly if trap was in hand
  • Fixed issue with starter status not properly checked when starting the engine
  • Changed min and max mixture setting limits for all the carburettors
  • Adjusted Tractor and Flatbed weights, should perform better now
  • Adjusted tractor physics and performance
  • Satsuma clock now only works when installed with car battery
  • Slowed down Alternator charging rate
  • Fixed truck steering help setting issues
  • Added detailed car battery condition simulation
  • Car batteries can be bought from store (original battery now in bad condition)
  • Traveling with a Bus does not trigger traffic offences any more
  • Fixed bug with not being able to get out of Driving Mode if Racing Harness was removed while buckled up
  • Added spots for catching pikes, best place around island, then average and bad place somewhere else at the lake
  • Septic tank needs to be emptied at Water Facility with additional waste handling fee
  • Dumping septic waste into ground is now a felony, any fines will be appear at home mail box
  • Added a place to play cards with money, you can bet also cars and houses
  • Decreased jumping height while inside vehicles
  • Fixed bug with police not giving fines for non-inspected Satsuma
  • Added car and house keys, except for tractor, moped and boat
  • Added a new drivable car
  • Added battery charger
  • Changed Satsuma standard suspension and handling
  • Added suspension upgrades
  • Made smoking decrease hunger and fatigue a little
  • Pitched up of Satsuma engine sample to make it sound like it is revving higher
  • Added electricity bills, will spawn at home mail box
  • Changed cigarette system; max 20 cigs in the inventory at any time, can be refilled from loose packages
  • You can now drink from jail cell WC bowl
  • Added odometer to Van and work hour meter to Tractor

WARNING:
// Be noted that your car battery will re-spawn back to garage, and your cigarette inventory will reset to 20.
// New key system includes encrypted keys, so by NO MEANS do not try to save edit keys or they are broken completely.

About The Game

My Summer Car is the ultimate car owning, building, fixing, tuning, maintenance AND permadeath life survival simulator. You start the game with hundreds of loose parts and assemble both car and engine. Not only you need to maintain your car, but yourself as well. Sausages, beer and sleeping will do just fine.

If everything goes well, you have a working car which you can use for various 1990's Finnish countryside summer activities. Basically doing stupid things under influence of alcohol. After you have gathered extra money from various random jobs, you can start to tune and upgrade the car with parts ordered via snail mail. You can turn the car into a obnoxious bass-boom disco machine.... or into a rally car to participate rally competitions... or just fix it into perfect factory condition. Of course car also needs to pass the inspection or you might get into trouble with police.

Not only you have access to one car, but also several other cars and vehicles which you can use. (Mostly useful to get groceries and for towing the project car from some ditch, again).

Warning, this game is not for fainted heart. Severe car fever is required to play this properly due to it's autistic approach on car building.

• Full car assembly with over hundred parts
  • Detailed driving and engine simulation
  • Various other vehicles, cars and boat to use and drive
  • Dozens of kilometers worth of dirt and paved roads with AI traffic
  • Random paying jobs to cover food, beverage and fuel expenses
  • Rally event to participate in
  • Permanent death
  • Sauna bathing
  • 90's Finnish summer!
  • Support for steering wheel and shifter controllers
  • Much more!

My Summer Car is available to purchase exclusively on Windows PC via the Steam Network right now!

My Summer Car Updated 1 - cugar07(GER).jpg
My Summer Car Updated 3 - Crea00tive.jpg
My Summer Car Updated 4 - Glory to Arstotzka! .jpg

Check out the My Summer Car sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep up to date with all the latest news regarding this quirky driving game. As is usually the case with these sub forums, we offer you a place to get together with your fellow community members and discuss the gaming experience, plus we have a growing collection of weird and wonderful mods for you to try in our downloads section. Pop in a say hello today!

Like the new My Summer Car update? How do you feel the game has progressed over the past year of development? Let us know you thoughts in the comments section below!

Image credits - cugar07(GER), Crea00tive, Glory to Arstozka! and DERSPER

Last edited:
the new update for My Summer Car patches in things like the ability to drink toilet bowl water, tractor physics and stamina improvements courtesy of smoking cigarettes.. like I say, weird..

Never heard of this game before but based on all this and the fact that you have to keep an eye on your urine levels (judging by the screens), I'd say weird is a huge understatement

Last edited:
I hope people are having a good time with this game, but I never thought I'd see the day where games were celebrating a year in early access. :confused:

It's a double edged sword though, as I fully realize we make up a niche market and really wouldn't have any sims to play at all if not for crowd funding, early access, etc.

I hope people are having a good time with this game, but I never thought I'd see the day where games were celebrating a year in early access. :confused:

It's a double edged sword though, as I fully realize we make up a niche market and really wouldn't have any sims to play at all if not for crowd funding, early access, etc.
It's two people's developing team. And if you play it, you would understand how damn much work it has taken, and keep's continued. I would rather be amazed when game is in early access like 5-year's and team has 100-people.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%