My Summer Car 2-Year Anniversary Update Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
anefyon my summer car update.jpg

My Summer Car has hit its second birthday! To celebrate, a new update of course!

Unbelievably the second anniversary of My Summer Car is here already, the past 24 months seemingly having flown by for what is one of the most unique and interesting car driving simulations currently available in the marketplace today.

Famous for its rather quirky take on 90's Finnish life, My Summer Car has quickly established itself as something of a cult favourite, with plenty to keep the player entertained and an active modding community, this really is a game that continues to improve and expand beyond even the developers wildest expectations.

To celebrate the latest anniversary of the title, a new update has been released that contains several new features and bugfix updates, details of which can be found below:

24.10.2018 Update Notes
  • WARNING: Your Fan Belt might be gone, go buy a new one from Teimo
  • Fixed bug with rear shock absorbers not going in after first removing them
  • Added telephone bills
  • You can now grill food on top of a hot Satsuma engine
  • Added purchasable computer
  • Spawn point after death is now at the gate of the graveyard
  • Alternator Belts (prev. Fan Belt) can be now stocked
  • Weather is now being saved
  • Driving lights can be now toggled off by keeping Beam Mode button pressed down
  • Changed how driving light modes are used in Satsuma
  • Added Marker Lights to Parts Magazine
  • Added seatbelts to Ferndale
  • Fixed bug with Rally where it was not possible to register for a new event if player abandoned previous rally after Saturday stage
  • Spark plugs have now also visual indication about their condition
  • Added Wristwatch (you need to fight for it!)
  • Added roll down windows to every vehicle, but not for passenger sides for performance economic reasons :)D)
  • Added Wood Stove and Wood Chopping to Ventti-cabin, which activate after you win the cabin
  • Staying at the Cottage island reduces stress now
  • Gifu truck requires now rev matching when changing gears, applies only to players using H-Shifter controller
  • Made highway little more bumpy
My Summer Car is available exclusively to PC now.

Don't forget we have a great sub forum for My Summer Car here a RaceDepartment. A nice place to discuss the title with fellow fans and download some of the great mods that are available, head over to the My Summer Car sub forum and get yourself involved in the action!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Do you enjoy My Summer Car? What do you think of the new update? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Image credit: anefyon

IIRC the summer car in the title is representing one of those projects that just sits around in the garage getting worked on occasionally & never actually finished. It's quite surprising we can actually drive the thing at all...

Unfortunately one of the recent updates completely broke my ability to map any controls other than keys and the anticlockwise rotation of my wheel :(

for a second there i thougt this was announcement for msc2

i was intrest in game when sombody did a gun mod msc game is now like grand theft i think anyway needs more games like msc open world racers plus ability to exit out car

Last edited:
Lost interest in this game with all the unrelated content. My summer bill paying game? My summer 90s computer? Cool features but I just wanted to build and drive. No time for all that stuff, I will just go drive in another game.

The game has been advertised specifically as "1990s Finnish countryside simulator"

It was never supposed to be just about the car. Even all the way from the first announcement trailer, it specifically mentioned the game being more than just building the car and driving it.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing