WRC5 WRC 5 The Game

A new WRC game maybe announced this thursday

1464679_381245232047524_1859205117020258691_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/wrcofficialgame

How can it be just "another WRC 4" when it is made by a completely new developer team? Just stop your trolling. You were wrong with F1 2015 and you will be wrong here.

Other games have moved from developers and stayed basically the same in the past. It happens.

@OP I bought WRC 4 a while ago and I agree, the steering feels disconnected and unrealistic, it was a totally horrible game which I just couldn't get used to. If you are right in saying WRC 5 is similar, then I'd not recommend it to anyone.

Was i wrong about F1 2015? Really are there still people like you defending that piece of ****... just wow

There are some things that are better - when they work. A lot better, in fact. The driving model is a lot better, the physics of it feel better.

But that's only after you've opened your controller settings for the 4th time after starting the game and hoping they take in order to eliminate the built-in deadzone, or you've learned to cope with the AI just ramming you off the road after you've overtaken them through a chicane.

Apparently the netcode's a bugger-up too - haven't tried it for myself though.

But I digress.

There are some things that are better - when they work. A lot better, in fact. The driving model is a lot better, the physics of it feel better.

But that's only after you've opened your controller settings for the 4th time after starting the game and hoping they take in order to eliminate the built-in deadzone, or you've learned to cope with the AI just ramming you off the road after you've overtaken them through a chicane.

Apparently the netcode's a bugger-up too - haven't tried it for myself though.

But I digress.

Over all F1 2015 war horrible.
but when i see people like the one telling im wrong and the other team vvv on youtube releasing vids about wrc 5 saying that its the best he played in a while and way better than RBR, that pisses me off and i have to stand up and tell everyone whats going on.
after that if they buy the game its on them.

By not buying this crap you are doing your self and everyone else's a favor not just for me...!
this is the worst game i have ever played.
If you have any question or want more detail why im saying dont buy it, i will gladly explain.

Again ...
why the title of this thread changed!

Mod-edit: if you cannot control your anger, don't make such idiotic thread titles, changed it for you.

My idiotic thread title!... really, so me telling everyone not to buy this sh...T is a crappy title,
You kept editing my thread, you delete my screenshots, and you messed up the once you kept, and then for no reason changed my title...
What is idiotic again?

Game is supposed to be released on Steam in a few hours and still no demo. The demo was supposed to be available before release and there hasn't been any word regarding it. The general lack of information and no demo doesn't sit well.
I hope I'm wrong and its like Dirt 3 with a WRC license - as a dev described it. That would be good enough for me to pass some time. And hopefully Kylotonn actually supports the game post-release unlike Milestone. I guess we will see soon enough.

So ya, car goes into gear, revs, but doesnt move. TM TX wheel TH8RS, GTX 675m laptop
just updated TX firmware, still has same problem - weird thing, text is missing in TM profiler - button tabs with no text haha. good thing I know what they are :)

Any help would be great thanks

Mike

i spent a short time playing this game today, then gave up. for 2 reasons

1.) This game is extremely poorly optimized for PC. I can run Dirt Rally on the highest resolution for me (which is 1368x720 or something like that ... can't remember exactly), with all the setting around 'medium'. On this game, with the resolution set to 1280x720 and everything on the lowest settings possible, it's practically unplayable the framerate is so bad. looks like it's running at about 10 FPS! and the game doesn't even run full-screen at 1280x720 - these 2 black bars appear on either side of the screen.

2.) You're completely unable to map accelerate/brake to the right analog stick on a controller. WTF! I don't have a wheel, and for the last 15 years or so I've been playing racing games using the right analog stick for accelerate/brake. It feels terrible to me to use the triggers to drive instead of the analog stick. And why can't you map accelerate/brake to the right analog stick? Because it's used to control the frikken camera when you're driving, so it's locked to that function! what the hell? who moves the frikken camera around when they're driving!

unfortunately i can't comment on the physics or anything because i really didn't play this game for long due to the controller issues and terrible FPS i described above.

How the heck did you get it on Monday? I know that it had been sent to some, as PS3 version leaked on torrent sites on Monday. X360 a bit later, and PC version arrived on torrent sites late yesterday.

But the game it self was released today, in only three countries.

How the heck did you get it on Monday? I know that it had been sent to some, as PS3 version leaked on torrent sites on Monday. X360 a bit later, and PC version arrived on torrent sites late yesterday.

But the game it self was released today, in only three countries.

are you referring to my post mate? if so, i said i spent a few hours playing it today, not Monday. today it was released on Steam. at least in my region anyway (South Korea).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 97 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%