My Steam version of GSCE is just gone?

Hey guys , it's been about a month since I have been able to drive. Finally got the chance to install AMS in my steam games and noticed that my GSCE game was completely gone. Not that big of a deal since I have up to V1.51 on another drive and two others. Is this normal for when we get AMS , to have it delete the older GSCE title in Steam? I figured both would still be in there?

I have the AMS I finally downloaded yesterday. As I was downloading , I scrolled down to find out that GSCE is no longer in my list of games. I mean it was totally gone. I went through my game folders and found GSCE still in all my Steam apps....opened it up and found this. AMS completely over wrote my GSCE installation. I didn't see any warning for this at all. All my setups in there are gone now. I still have a back up of all my mods , but I'm a little miffed that it did that. I also have a folder for AMS in my game folders as well. Am I supposed to delete GSCE all together? On steam as well , it shows that I don't own GSCE any more either?

Attachments

• AMS over write.jpg
    AMS over write.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 244
SCE Beta was the original beta channel for crowd-funding backers. It was recently renamed Automobilista Beta and will appear as such in the steam list and fresh installs of it go into a folder named AMSBeta. So it has not been overwritten, the two are one in the same in the sense that one became the over and they share an appid in Steam.

This is part of the process that was discussed in Reiza 51 forum when it was decided to move to a new title rather than extend SCE. I don't believe it should overwrite setups and user data at all but the but maybe @Renato can shed more light on that. I personally had to remove my own plr etc to get the new ones after the update.

As for standard SCE being in your list, if it was there it should still be there regardless of any of the above. Sorry if this suggestion sounds dumb, I don't know how au fait you are with Steam in general, but check your filters at the top of your games list and ensure it's not set to 'installed' only. Also note that it's called Stock Car Extreme in steam and not Game Stock Car. Even now I still hunt in the wrong part of the list from time to time.

ps. in reference to AMS which I missed in the first post. In your list you should also have an an entry for Automobilista Beta and Automobilista. The beta one relates to the install you included in your screenshot. The other is the Early Access version which will lose the Early Access tag when development is complete and become the retail version of the game. If you race online that's the version you'll want to have installed.

Thanks Dave. Yeah I have two AMS installs now , but no GSCE in my library. Which as of yesterday I was a little PO'd , but then I found out that most of all my older tracks work very well in the new AMS sim. I don't get a lot of extra time on the boards and am not able to keep up with all the news sometimes , so iyt was a bit of a shock. No biggie at all though , as I have a couple older GSCE installs on my hard drives , packed full of tracks and mods.

This new AMS looks stunning btw!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years