My simple guide to open own server

I found there no a detail step by step "how to setup own server for AC' thread like everyone expect everyone else should be good on it automatically & when i search online i found different guide that not really say the same thing and some step which mention by those guide or member here actually not needed or actually not correct.
I bet many people just like me never play MP which need to create server like this before & i really take quite sometime to finally confirm which has to be done & which actually not necessary so i decide to share it here in case someone still helpless like the before me.
It take days for me to confirm everything but after everything is clear its pretty simply.

First of all launch this acServerLauncher.exe which located in Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa

nO2buBW.jpg

and setup everything (Car/Track/Different Session Time & all that) accordingly to your favor and after everything is done press "Save Preset" and then click "Launch".

Just that simple ?? Of course not because properly we will get this "Error Invalid Server" Message.

aVkEIAm.jpg

So what now ?? At this point some guide will tell you is first set up a static IP in Local Area Connection example something like this (Which actually no need) : --

4Sb6pzN.jpg

No its in fact no need. What you need to do is just first find out your "Local IP Address" by using Cmd.exe and type in ipconfig or ipconfig /all if you like more detail result and copy down the IPv4 IP like this one :--

oEHrdCX.jpg

Then next thing is to log in your modem/router through IE or Firefox or whatever possible way by type in 192.168.1.1 like this :--

sRdNFHh.jpg

Then you should reach the log in page so key in the user name & password (admin + admin or something else may be)

So now we should in the router and in my case i have this ..

8eU4jIc.jpg

The trick is go to Advanced Setup & then Choose NAT like this : --

C6KEHPT.jpg

After click that NAT we have this : Virtual Server or Port Forwarding or whatever other name for this :

HpcKjn1.jpg

Click that Virtual Server will change to this & here is where we need to open the port 8075 & 9600 (Show in the acServerLauncher.exe, remember ??)
Make sure to key in the port number (same number for Start/End Port) & the Local IP Address correctly & choose "Both" or "All" for Protocol if available. So it goes something like this (after click Save, of course) : -

klnboxK.jpg

And you are done. No i dont mean you going to die but i mean this is all the step we need to do to make sure no more error in create a own server & also you can join your own server for sure.
Some will say you have to configure your windows or 3rd party firewall to open the port there also but i not sure if they right because i didnt do that at all. I using the Comodo Firewall (never use Windows firewall, always turn off) and all i do is just "allow" the game through the firewall and thats it.

So if we now launch again the launcher we should see this :-

TWnrwy7.jpg

And the room show up if search it in the list like this : -

KXHEO3H.jpg

And you are good to book & join. Thats it :D:D

wr6qi7X.jpg

By the way i dont responsible if this guide didnt help. At least it work for me. And there is a much easier way to make all this done is to just change your modem from PPPoE mode to Bridging mode so no need to do that open port thing, just connect to internet and you good to go to create your own room, as long as the game.exe already allow by your firewall then everything should be fine. I had try that too myself. No joke.

Ok thats it i guess. I hope this at least help someone. Good luck :)

Important: By the way if the all this is done but still have "Invalid Server" or "Unable contact server" type of error then thats a big chance the modem has some kind of faulty. In fact this is what happen to me at the beginning, i thought i do something wrong and after many different approach which suggest by my friends it still no work but then all suddenly become so easy after we change to use another modem 3 days later.
So if everything is done but still not working then try another modem, who know.

Again, good luck :D

Last edited:
Usually I start by filtering by open booking then look for a server that has some racers. More times than not, even if the server has the "B" highlighted the booking time is blinking "000" and won't accept any bookings.
I will try to focus on servers in the US but even in your highlighted examples there are 0 racers out of 20. I realize the time of day will have a big impact on this and will improve over time as AC becomes more popular.

Can anyone with the knowledge give some information regarding the minimum/recommended pc specs needed for hosting a dedicated server or a server you play and host on from the same pc. the ac manager tells your the upload bandwidth needed for the amount of slots you require but some info about hardware would be good to know
cheers...

Can anyone with the knowledge give some information regarding the minimum/recommended pc specs needed for hosting a dedicated server or a server you play and host on from the same pc. the ac manager tells your the upload bandwidth needed for the amount of slots you require but some info about hardware would be good to know
cheers...

I know this is a little late for an answer, but I setup a AC server using a virtual machine. It's a test machine I run on my regular server with 8 cores and 16gb of memory, but the server process barely pushes it.

On the server I used to run it worked like this, IIRC it works slightly different on our new server but I forgot how. Anyway try this and see if it works. Upload the setup.ini to server>setups>car name>setup name .ini

In the server_cfg.ini you must have these lines under [DATA]
e.g 1:
FIXED_SETUP_0=1|C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\server ac folder\cfg\setups\1st car name\track name\setup name.ini

e.g 2 (for more than one car having fixed setup):
FIXED_SETUP_1=1|C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\server ac folder\cfg\setups\2nd car name\track name\setup name.ini

and in the entry list
[CAR_0]
MODEL=e.g 1 car name
SKIN=
SPECTATOR_MODE=0
DRIVERNAME=
TEAM=
GUID=
BALLAST=0
FIXED_SETUP=e.g 1 setup name.ini

[CAR_1]
MODEL=e.g 2 car name
SKIN=
SPECTATOR_MODE=0
DRIVERNAME=
TEAM=
GUID=
BALLAST=0
FIXED_SETUP=e.g 2 setup name.ini

IIRC on our new rackservice server you just upload the setup to rackservice and then do the entrylist bit with nothing in the servercfg.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%