My SFX100 Ultimate rig

dj great rig.i wanted to know because im planing to order the ultimate pack with 150mm from racing lab,if you payed any customs because they are in china and in greece we have heavy customs from usa and china.also im thinking of adding surge and tl.do you know what parts i have to order from them?

Upvote 0
I built my SFX100 system..
printed 3D parts..
sourced all the items from the list.

Then I bought the Thanos controller..

Why?
It was an easier and safer option.
I wanted assurance that my investment wouldn't become useless if the creators decided to stop supporting the software.

Simtools isn't going anywhere..
and the Thanos controller with its auto calibration and spike filtering make using the rig stress free.

I'm now considering upgrading to the aluminium parts for longevity.
This.
I made a donation and never even got a license key for the software. No responses to email or anything. Kind of glad it happened, because I started paying attention to Thanos controllers.

Upvote 0
This.
I made a donation and never even got a license key for the software. No responses to email or anything. Kind of glad it happened, because I started paying attention to Thanos controllers.
A lot of people had the licence key go to their spam folder, did you try that?
Others sent an insulting low amount and had it refunded.

Upvote 0
This.

Yeh, just pay the insulting low amount of 50usd and get SRS motion software (professional software with incredible one to one support).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try out the SRS motion software if you havent already.:)
I have. I need to tune though. The reaction times are very slow for me.
A lot of people had the licence key go to their spam folder, did you try that?
Others sent an insulting low amount and had it refunded.
I looked up until the point that I got my Thanos controller. :) as far as donation amount, I pledged 60 USD.
Yeh, just pay the insulting low amount of 50usd and get SRS motion software.
Yup got a license. If I can tune it nicely and I like the result I'll upgrade to the premium.

Upvote 0
I looked up until the point that I got my Thanos controller. :) as far as donation amount, I pledged 60 USD.
60usd should have been more than enough (i think i only give £30).
Did you look to see if it was refunded? It might have been at a time when he wasn't accepting any more due to 'other people' making money off the back off his project, ruining the whole ethos of it and spoiling it for others for their own gains.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have. I need to tune though. The reaction times are very slow for me.

Yup got a license. If I can tune it nicely and I like the result I'll upgrade to the premium.

They shouldnt be. Did you use the recommended max angle? If you did id start by turning that all the way up and turn off the overall smoothing until you get closer with the tune.

Upvote 0
They shouldnt be. Did you use the recommended max angle? If you did id start by turning that all the way up and turn off the overall smoothing until you get closer with the tune.
I'll remember that the next time I mess around with it. Thanks.

60usd should have been more than enough (i think i only give £30).
Did you look to see if it was refunded? It might have been at a time when he wasn't accepting any more due to 'other people' making money off the back off his project, ruining the whole ethos of it and spoiling it for others for their own gains.
Yeah I donated a few days before that announcement. Never got a refund. Started a claim on paypal then I week later I just messaged him through paypal and told him "Keep the money, thanks for the DIY plans" Not salty about it at all (not anymore anyway), but it did happen, and was my entry into this conversation. :D

Upvote 0
Here's an update on my rig....
1) upgraded to 150mm. The additional pitch angle is perfect for driving thru the Eau Rough at SPA.
2) modify the old 100mm to DIY SOLO (push & pull) to replace the GX type actuators for TL and surge. Much quieter and no more dust and rust.
3) repurposed one of the 100mm SFX actuator to be used as active belt tensioner. Didn't expect I would like it so much. Now I don't feel safe at all when I forgot to wear the seat belt
1f602.png

And here's a lap at SPA coming iRacing to real life! 150mm + VR + Motion Compensation is the most immersive experience so far!

Upvote 0
Here's an update on my rig....
1) upgraded to 150mm. The additional pitch angle is perfect for driving thru the Eau Rough at SPA.
2) modify the old 100mm to DIY SOLO (push & pull) to replace the GX type actuators for TL and surge. Much quieter and no more dust and rust.
3) repurposed one of the 100mm SFX actuator to be used as active belt tensioner. Didn't expect I would like it so much. Now I don't feel safe at all when I forgot to wear the seat belt
1f602.png

And here's a lap at SPA coming iRacing to real life! 150mm + VR + Motion Compensation is the most immersive experience so far!

I just upgraded to 150mm also and im loving it. Ive got all the same as you except no traction loss and surge yet and i agree 100%

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back